am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

alexaki

Re: am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

Post by alexaki » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 8:21 am

Lui played the game required of him....didn't not play a starring role, but played a very solid supporting role...just what Fonz would've wanted from him....

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 8:27 am

Moltzen would have dusted off the cobwebs and gained plenty of confidence from his second half effort. He will get better and better at no1, as for Lui might just force Sheens to leave him at no7 for the whole year, but my guess at only 20 at some stage he will go through a slump and need some time in a lower grade but who knows he may get better and better

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 8:45 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Moltzen WALKS sideways on kick returns. He is no fullback.

That's the biggest problem for mine as well. Lui is not quite there yet but he is fitting in alot better with the team structure this season. I am still not sure he would be my first choice halfback but he did his chances no harm last night

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:56 am

Four things I liked from Lui last night, without being over the top:

1) His decisions are quick. If he takes on the line, he goes hard. If he distributes he does so quickly.

2) Plays with the ball out in front. Manly kept holding off him, which can only suit as the year progresses.

3) he got given the ball a few times in poor position and instead of shifting the work, just took a hit up to settle the squad.

4) his type of play thus far is nothing like Farah or Benji, which I mean as a good thing. He looks very complimentary to our style.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:06 am

I didn't think this thread would be here when I started another one. Last night Lui was good, he was above average. But, he is not our number on halfback. Moltzen should be our halfback. I saw enough of Moltzen with the ball in hand to know he deserves the halfback spot, and enough of Moltzen at the back iin defence to know that he deserves the halfback spot.

He is way too shaky under the high ball for mine, and if it means bringing in Mitch Brown or shifting Tuqiri to the back to accomodate Moltzen at halfback, it needs to happen.

In saying that though Lui did enough last night to instill some confidence in me for the future. I won't be rushing out to back him in the Dally M's or anything, but he went good.
MOTH and proud.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:56 am

tiger tigers wrote:we looked great when moltz played up in the line ... lui was just a passenger
were you still drunk when you wrote this ?

maybe watching morris for 3 years has made you forget what a good half should be doing.

the first thing i will say about lui is his passing game is so consistent for such a young player.
no matter the distance the ball is going right where it should be.
so many scoring chances are butchered because a player has to wait or adjust to a pass.with lui it is so crisp and in the players stride.

the dummy kick and pass to put moltzen through a gap was beautiful.once again like the ayshford pass he had the vision and talent to capitalize on a defensive formation.

when breaks were made on the left side lui was making sure the ball got out to where it needed to be.
he doesn't try anything fancy ,he simply puts the ball where it needs to go.
i can't believe after watching morris for 3 years i have to read some of the crap on here about this highly talented kid.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 11:03 am

bonstonker wrote: i can't believe after watching morris for 3 years i have to read some of the crap on here about this highly talented kid.
Hard to argue with that.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 11:20 am

jirskyr wrote:Four things I liked from Lui last night, without being over the top:

1) His decisions are quick. If he takes on the line, he goes hard. If he distributes he does so quickly.

2) Plays with the ball out in front. Manly kept holding off him, which can only suit as the year progresses.

3) he got given the ball a few times in poor position and instead of shifting the work, just took a hit up to settle the squad.

4) his type of play thus far is nothing like Farah or Benji, which I mean as a good thing. He looks very complimentary to our style.
Yeah hard to argue... add to that his defence... alot of people around here were suspect about his defence... last night King spotted him on atleast two occassions and ran straight and hard at him... Lui didn't move and stopped him dead both times! Very positive stuff from a kid with limited experience in first grade!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:31 pm

Kaiser wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Four things I liked from Lui last night, without being over the top:

Yeah hard to argue... add to that his defence... alot of people around here were suspect about his defence... last night King spotted him on atleast two occassions and ran straight and hard at him... Lui didn't move and stopped him dead both times! Very positive stuff from a kid with limited experience in first grade!
As in Jason King? :lol: :lol: He's never run hard in his life.
MOTH and proud.

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:36 pm

I certainly didn't think Lui looked lost.

I thought he had a solid game and hopefully will play a role of an organiser who will get the team around the park with a good kicking and passing game. And seems to be a good defender.

Let Moltzen use some of his flair at fullback and play a 'halves' role when needs be. He can practice his catching and work with his wingers when bringing the ball back.

Sounds like the right mix to me.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 3:47 pm

i was very happy with him last night. he looked lost last year, but last night he was fine. completely agree with chunk and kaiser.
from what i saw of him in nyc last year he was light years ahead of everyone but struggled in 1st grade. as others have said, he did everything you could ask of him and i dont think i could fault him at all.
exactly what farah and marshall need is the reliable and rock solid lui. a little time and his awesome passing game will come through as his 1st grade confidence grows.
very happy he has been given the chance.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 4:07 pm

I've not read all the replies not enough hours inthe day,sorry. But Lui last night looked very solid, tackled extremely well and was the purfect foil to Benji, Robbie and Tim. He is not a flash player has a solid kick, would like to know what his goal kicking is like. He is very much like Cooper Cronk IMO a quiet achiever and solid in the line.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:42 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
king sirro wrote:Lui was very good and much improved on last season. I see no reason at all to drop him. Some of his passes were great. The one which found Ayshford in the first half was outstanding. His involvement was good, he looked sharp and his kicking game was solid. Its the first game ive seen him play where i really think he showed something to build on.

On Moltzen, well its gonna be hard. The guy is a deadset 5/8 and looks great when in that position. Im prepared to forgive his mistakes this week, as he's usually solid under the high ball. We need to find a way to get him m ore involved.

motzen solid under the high ball? were you at the game - did you actually watch the match?
Maybe u should read that again mate. I said USUALLY good.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 5:47 pm

bonstonker wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:we looked great when moltz played up in the line ... lui was just a passenger
were you still drunk when you wrote this ?

maybe watching morris for 3 years has made you forget what a good half should be doing.

the first thing i will say about lui is his passing game is so consistent for such a young player.
no matter the distance the ball is going right where it should be.
so many scoring chances are butchered because a player has to wait or adjust to a pass.with lui it is so crisp and in the players stride.

the dummy kick and pass to put moltzen through a gap was beautiful.once again like the ayshford pass he had the vision and talent to capitalize on a defensive formation.

when breaks were made on the left side lui was making sure the ball got out to where it needed to be.
he doesn't try anything fancy ,he simply puts the ball where it needs to go.
i can't believe after watching morris for 3 years i have to read some of the crap on here about this highly talented kid.
no im not a drinker ....so how good was he today ?
the fact of the matter is we play better with moltz in the 7 ,,,, so put him there and play a fullback in the number 1.. thats all i ask .... sheens just seems to like making players play out of position no matter how bad they go ... you use morris as an example... well thaTS THE MAIN REASON I WAS MOLTZ IN THE 7 ................

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 5:56 pm

You think hell do much better at 7... what about the terrible popped up pass to Heigno where he should have run forward... that lead to the start of the roosters try feast? He cant tackle, showed that today at the back.. but also never seems to want to run the ball. I think Lui is a more complete player than Moltz.. not afraid to RUN the ball, can tackle has a great kicking game for a kid

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeah I would rather Lui in 7 and for Moltzen that means he has to do more at fullback had a shocker today needs to run harder but also did some really bad things today such as the pop pass for Heighno, not being ready for a ball from benji, generally looking poor on kick returns , lost the ball for the graham try - he was probably the difference today on our end unfortunatly

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:20 pm

They're playing Moltzen like every other full back plays. Hangs back in attack for the better part of the game staying fresh, gets involved in the latter stages of the game.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:33 pm

carney was in the line all day .....so is he the exception?