am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

the_scene

Re: am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

Post by the_scene » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:19 pm

never mind that southern..imagine if Sheens had picked Lui at lock for round one, the exact same people would be blowing up.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:19 pm

southerntiger wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:
TimmyB wrote:Lui was good tonight. Put in when the forwards didn't and was responsible for the shifts to Marshall for a couple of the breaks set up on the left. Can't believe people would complain about him. He has a colossal right boot too.

Once Tuiaki is back, we've got the most potent attacking backline in the competition.
i think lui should be at lock drop rhino, anyone would of thought chris put money on the sea eagles before tonights game
ron you have been saying all off-season that Lui cant tackle and now you want him to play lock? I cant figure you guys out.

i dont think ive ever said he was a bad defender and that he cant tackle
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:20 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
the_scene wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:lets see moltzen becomes more active in the playmaking in the last 25 mins and we wack on 4 tries, a coincidence i think not
This is the very reason Sheens wants Moltzen at fullback. He injected himself brilliantly exactly when the time called for it, and you are using it as a reason to move him????

That said Moltz was extremley shaky under the high ball and out of place positionally, yet he did put his body on the line brilliantly to deny Farrar.

well he was great for 25 mins now imagine him there for 80 mins, hes the best half back option at this club, im not knocking lui, he played solid but at this point moltzen >>>>>lui as a halfback
He WASN'T playing halfback. He was NOT at first receiver. Watch the damn game.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:21 pm

Lui played well the cut-out he threw to Ayshford when Ryan scored but was disallowed was a BEAUTY!

However, that said we looked ALOT more dangerous with Moltzen in the line (the 2nd half). For the time being I am still happy to persist with him there though.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:21 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
the_scene wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:lets see moltzen becomes more active in the playmaking in the last 25 mins and we wack on 4 tries, a coincidence i think not
This is the very reason Sheens wants Moltzen at fullback. He injected himself brilliantly exactly when the time called for it, and you are using it as a reason to move him????

That said Moltz was extremley shaky under the high ball and out of place positionally, yet he did put his body on the line brilliantly to deny Farrar.

well he was great for 25 mins now imagine him there for 80 mins, hes the best half back option at this club, im not knocking lui, he played solid but at this point moltzen >>>>>lui as a halfback
He didnt play half back in either of the moves you are reffering to. As a previous posterpointed out in one bust Moltzen supported Marshall and received a nice inside ball in the other he chimed in from the back to create the extra man..

Ice-Tiger

Post by Ice-Tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:23 pm

lui did nothing wrong tonight but he didnt do anything to drag us back into the game, as soon as moltzen became more involved and took over that right hand side we improved drastically

moltzen isnt a fullback, he dropped 3 bombs tonight that on any other night may have gone the other way for tries, the kid is a natural half and thats where he sould be.
I agree with what you have to say about Lui and Moltzen.

Moltzen had an advantage because he injected himself late in the second half when Manly lost their sting in defence.

I think they are both great half backs with Moltzen slightly better at the moment.

I'm not sold on Moltzen at full back yet.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:23 pm

king sirro wrote:Lui was very good and much improved on last season. I see no reason at all to drop him. Some of his passes were great. The one which found Ayshford in the first half was outstanding. His involvement was good, he looked sharp and his kicking game was solid. Its the first game ive seen him play where i really think he showed something to build on.

On Moltzen, well its gonna be hard. The guy is a deadset 5/8 and looks great when in that position. Im prepared to forgive his mistakes this week, as he's usually solid under the high ball. We need to find a way to get him m ore involved.

motzen solid under the high ball? were you at the game - did you actually watch the match?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:24 pm

Guys, we won against a good side that hardly made any errors and had the refs in their pocket all night!!

Lui wasn't mind blowing tonight, but was solid and there is no reason to move him! Seriously, do you guys want Moltz/Brown rather than Lui/Moltz? Because I don't think that first combo would have got us home tonight.

Moltz attacked well because he was coming from FB! We will be a better side with both Lui and Moltz on the field. Sheens obviously knows what he is doing.

I'm glad he didn't listen to this forum about Fulton either..

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:25 pm

Would it be a fair to say that the more time moltzen has with the ball the better? If so should that be at Lui's expense

Mind you I haven't seen the game yet, but I'm interested in hearing what people here think...
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:25 pm

hammertime wrote:Moltz attacked well because he was coming from FB!
Bingo!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:25 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
king sirro wrote:Lui was very good and much improved on last season. I see no reason at all to drop him. Some of his passes were great. The one which found Ayshford in the first half was outstanding. His involvement was good, he looked sharp and his kicking game was solid. Its the first game ive seen him play where i really think he showed something to build on.

On Moltzen, well its gonna be hard. The guy is a deadset 5/8 and looks great when in that position. Im prepared to forgive his mistakes this week, as he's usually solid under the high ball. We need to find a way to get him m ore involved.

motzen solid under the high ball? were you at the game - did you actually watch the match?
AMX i think you need to read Sirro's post again or look up "usually" in a dictionary.

Illek

Post by Illek » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:29 pm

Moltzen whilst a good half back was attacking as a fullback tonight and I felt he was more effective in that role. "the scence" is correct, all his brilliant plays were as a fullback. Sure his defense was lacking sometimes but he does put his body on the line as a fullback and his attack in my opinion is better when coming in as a fullback or from the centres.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:29 pm

@timmyb

he was still the dominant half on the right side, thats how we play, benji on the left and whoever is the 7 on the right, we were much more destructive with moltz running plays down that side, lui needs to take more control on that side if hes gonna keep playing there.

moltzen is the better half
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:30 pm

Wonder where sheens will put Moltzen when Lote goes to fullback, I think after watching tonight he will be a Gun there.If we can get Tuquiri,Tuiaki,moltz,benji and farrah all on the field together we are very very Dangerous in attack.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:31 pm

disagree - not usually safe under the high ball. If i was Carney i'd be kicking bombs all day to Moltzen next Sunday.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:32 pm

AMX thats your opinion. For mine, I cant recall Timmy dropping too many. Sure he makes the occasional mistakes but I have also seen him catch some crackers. Even Hodgo dropped a few in his time.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:33 pm

Moltzen WALKS sideways on kick returns. He is no fullback.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:34 pm

Perhaps not. Buts he's no half back either.