am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

ron burgandy

Re: am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:36 pm

southerntiger wrote:Perhaps not. Buts he's no half back either.

ahhh.... yeah he is, just like lazarus is, but for some reason they were persistant on him being a FB at one point aswell
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:36 pm

[quote="southerntiger"]AMX thats your opinion. For mine, I cant recall Timmy dropping too many. Sure he makes the occasional mistakes but I have also seen him catch some crackers. Even Hodgo dropped a few in his time.[/quote

he's a good player no doubt but he is no bomb defusing fullback - he can't catch a ball like beau ryan.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:38 pm

ron burgandy wrote:@timmyb

he was still the dominant half on the right side, thats how we play, benji on the left and whoever is the 7 on the right, we were much more destructive with moltz running plays down that side, lui needs to take more control on that side if hes gonna keep playing there.

moltzen is the better half

But he wasn't running plays. I have no idea on what basis you are making that claim.

Mystery

Post by Mystery » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:40 pm

I was very nervous before the match a bout how lui would go... But after his performance tonight he has quashed all of my concerns not sayin he was outstanding but he definately showed he will develop into a top half i think tuqiri will have to stay on the wing to leave moltz at fullback... Watchout wen Tuiaki gets back

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:51 pm

southerntiger wrote:Perhaps not. Buts he's no half back either.
Alright, so where does he play then?

A fullback doesn't walk sideways on kick returns. We lose 20-30 metres everytime he collects a kick.

Moltzen did his best work when he was up in the line, not at the back.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:53 pm

Up in the line as a fullback Hybrid. How can a fullback attack other than up in the line? Every time he was up in the line, he received the ball from Marshall or Lui or Farah at halfback. In fact, for the break he did make I'm fairly sure Lui passed the ball to get him on the outside.

As Kaiser already said, Lui's ball to Ayshford in the first half was the second best piece of playmaking (after Benji's beautiful face ball to Fulton) in the game.

Danos

Post by Danos » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:56 pm

Some people are hard to please. I thought he looked pretty good out there, looked great when he got the ball deep with space in front of him, the dummy kick and pass to set up a linebreak was clever, linked up nicely with the other playmakers.. nice first hit out. Held his own in defence, didn't take a backward step to the freight trains that were sent his way all night. He'll grow in confidence.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:02 pm

When the wheels started to fall off Lui looked like the players who was most likley to create somthing. I was impressed with his all round game. With Sheens keeping a close eye on him he will develop into a class player.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:23 pm

Manly are a class outfit who come to play. They are just about the most physical side in the competition and got the better of our forwards, yet our class still got us through, how can anyone be unhappy about that ??? My only concern was our lack of impact off the bench. Other than that I thaught everyone in our starting 13 all played well and will only get better.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:27 pm

lui is not lost - the man has vision and will only get better. get excited people.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

wt4lyf

Post by wt4lyf » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:35 pm

lui had a good game tonite.. give him abit more time let him get use to it
he'll slot in perfectly with marshall
My best is yet to come- B. Marshall
TheJungleee.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 410&ref=ts

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:02 am

Lui doesn't seem to overplay his hand at all. He is strong as well. He kicked well, passed well and made good decisions. With a dominant hooker and five-eigth, as well as a ball-playing fullback; an over-bearing 7 would be a case of too many chiefs, not enough Indians. He picks his times well and is a cog.

panthera tigris

Post by panthera tigris » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:05 am

i thought he played well. his long passes were great. calming influence on all the other ad lib players we got.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:25 am

I think lui was the best player on the field in the first 10-15 minutes but after that i hardly noticed him. Moltz wasn't that great tonight either, I hate him at fullback but i think he is the man for halfback
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

BRET

Post by BRET » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:19 am

I think Lui has some real potential - but (as much as I am trying to stop myself over analysing anyone so early on in the season) I think he looks predicable at times, and its almost like he is in slow motion, you can see his thinking time in the play. He isn't thinking quick enough yet.

And Molt is NOT a fullback, he is too talented in the halves. Tonight you can see the times he slips into those playmaking roles that he is a better asset to the team. I feel having him at fullback is hurting his game.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:02 am

Lui is a very talented footballer and last night he would have got a big tick from most judges.I was impressed by both his play and his maturity when we were behind on the scoreboard.He did his job well

alex

Post by alex » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:53 am

Considering Moltzen was pretty average at fullback last night ...

Do you reckon Lui would fit in as a fullback? He'd run the ball back harder on kick returns and still play that extra wide ball player ... only suspect thing would be his defence

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 8:03 am

king sirro wrote:Lui was very good and much improved on last season. I see no reason at all to drop him. Some of his passes were great. The one which found Ayshford in the first half was outstanding. His involvement was good, he looked sharp and his kicking game was solid. Its the first game ive seen him play where i really think he showed something to build on.

On Moltzen, well its gonna be hard. The guy is a deadset 5/8 and looks great when in that position. Im prepared to forgive his mistakes this week, as he's usually solid under the high ball. We need to find a way to get him m ore involved.
Agree Sirro. Lui was fine and I can't see any reason for him to be dropped after last night's performance. As for Moltzen, poor first half followed up with a solid second half when he chimed in with Robbie and Benji.