Fulton

willow

Re: Fulton

Post by willow » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 7:25 am

king sirro wrote:
willow wrote:I'd prefer Whatmough over Heighno and I'd prefer Heighno over Gallen. I know you don't like Heighno so I'll leave it at that.
Its not that i dont like him. The 2008 Heighno i love. As a person, clubman and competitor i rate him highly. What i dont rate is his performances on the park the past 12 months. Would love to see him back to his 08 form.
Fair enough mate. Heighno was way down on form last year compared to 2008, but he had a dream run in 2008 with no injury, whereas last year he copped a couple of injuries which really did set him back.

Anyway, provided he sorts out his discipline on the field, I reckon he's in for a better year than last year, he looks fitter and seems to be running harder. Whether he can regain his 2008 form, time will tell.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 2:48 pm

i don't think you will ever see rhino as effective as 08 again.
he played wider back then.
he is now a dependable workhorse used to chip away at the ruck area for 80mins.his hands are dependable and why sheens has made rhino the one for the job.

to me round 1 penalties are simply testing the waters.

and back on the fulton subject,is it his bald head or did he fill out a bit more.

loved his run straight after the farah hospital pass.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 2:55 pm

Liam is definitely BIGGER boy now.........

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 3:28 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Liam is definitely BIGGER boy now.........
98 Kg's I believe....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 3:44 pm

Last night i watched the game on fox,it was late 07.

The difference from then to now is huge.

Id say 10-12.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 4:18 pm

Fulton was great for the most part I thought. His marker defence in particular was terrific.

One thing concerns me though, he was targeted in defence and most of the Manly forwards ran over the top of him and got a roll on as a result.

Coast Tiger

Post by Coast Tiger » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 4:38 pm

Liam showed his value by topping the tackle count, running a great line to set up Lawrences try and by being in the right spot in support for his try of Moltzen's break. Liam will only get better as he gets used to the added physicality and speed of the NRL. He will be a key team member for us this year.

Simmo68

Post by Simmo68 » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 4:45 pm

weststigerman wrote:Fulton was great for the most part I thought. His marker defence in particular was terrific.

One thing concerns me though, he was targeted in defence and most of the Manly forwards ran over the top of him and got a roll on as a result.
His marker defence was sorely missed at times last year. It has always been a feature of his game. Very much an improved and more mature player from his stint in the UK. Will only get better.

Wasn't just Fulton they targeted however I think Farah caught George Rose one on one before someone else came in to help. Manly had a big pack so it is not entirely unexpected that they would try and pick out a few of the smaller guys.

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 6:33 pm

Fulton is alot faster running as well when you compare his 05 try against souths at leichhardt to monday nights game.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 6:35 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Last night i watched the game on fox,it was late 07.

The difference from then to now is huge.

Id say 10-12.
Don't ever mention that game again!!!!!
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

spearby

Post by spearby » Wed 17 Mar, 2010 7:24 pm

fulton mom for sure what about gibbs gee i thought his defence was bloody good to but not one wrap for him and the half he plays brilliant in defence just wish he would run a little more with ball

willow

Post by willow » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 7:37 am

spearby wrote:fulton mom for sure what about gibbs gee i thought his defence was bloody good to but not one wrap for him and the half he plays brilliant in defence just wish he would run a little more with ball
Gibbs made more metres than Galloway on Monday night in case you didn't notice...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 8:03 am

willow wrote:
spearby wrote:fulton mom for sure what about gibbs gee i thought his defence was bloody good to but not one wrap for him and the half he plays brilliant in defence just wish he would run a little more with ball
Gibbs made more metres than Galloway on Monday night in case you didn't notice...
He doesn't have the same impact though. Galloway seems to play a lot less minutes. When Galloway belts it up we get a roll on.

As for Fulton he is a quality player but still gets bashed. We need a lot more impact players on the bench because he is there.

barra

Post by barra » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 9:25 am

Yeah Fulton is definitely a lot bigger and more powerful than in 07.

Galloway failed to make a lot of metres because often his plays weren't timed well and he had no speed when he reached the defence - but when he did his charges into the line were effective. Gibbs on the other hand timed his runs well but had no venom to them! I could swear he was even slowing down for a couple of steps at times before hitting the line. Gibbs was excellent in defence though.

Johns

Post by Johns » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:53 am

Love Liam, a real footballer and gives his all

alien

Post by alien » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 5:37 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:Liam Fulton was "EXCELLENT". 8.5/10. When Payten returns, Fulton to Lock, Payten to 2nd Row & Heighnington to Bench IMO!
:master:
I think Payten would be on the bench for his first game, or he might even have his first game in the NSW Cup.

Johns

Post by Johns » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 8:49 pm

I see Payten coming back as a bench prop. Our bench lacks any front-rowers at the moment and our backrow are all 80 minute players. It would make sense.

Benson

Post by Benson » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 10:01 pm

tiger_one wrote:The joker in the pack sure looked like an ace to me!

And where is Benson? It'd be good to get his objective view of Fults.

PS I liked the way Fults and Galloway "tapered down" for round 1 by shaving their melons. :D
Let's face it, Liam's performance speaks for it self, and this thread is just another testament to it.