Fulton

dacoots_tiger

Re: Fulton

Post by dacoots_tiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:07 pm

Loved the performance put in by Fulton. Welcome back son.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 3:10 pm

good game.
a game he can be proud of.
he copped everything manly could throw at him and he kept on getting up.
loved his run straight after the farah hospital pass.
like the rest of the team i hope he can back it up this weekend.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 3:54 pm

I'll put my hand up and admit i was one of those who really questioned the value in bringing Liam back to the club. He played a top game last night. I think he's bulked up a little too. His work rate in defence and attack was first class though. With performances like that, it's great to have him back.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 4:39 pm

Staks wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:i hope rhinos nose is broke and he misses a few
Your hoping one the guys who plays for the team you supposedly support is seriously injured?

Your a joke. Go back to the hole you crawled out of you bug!
if you are going to try and insult me atleast get your standard of grammar up.

ok last year heighno was average well below the standard he set in 08 and i dunno what game you guys were watching but he was god awful last night, he was responsible for 10 of manly's points, i think rhinos best days are behind him he had a good run from 06-08 but last year he offered little and he started this year with a clanger, bring in gower for him.
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 4:46 pm

supercoach wrote:Rhino will be better for the run, Manly had a big classy forward pack I always thought our pack would struggle
Why will he be better for the run? He's had two trials just like Fulton and Ellis, he should have been firing last night. I thought he was having one of his better games except for his unbelievably slow play the balls, but then he just went right off the boil. I think he knows he's under pressure and tried too hard last night.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 4:49 pm

Geo. wrote:
Staks wrote:
Your hoping one the guys who plays for the team you supposedly support is seriously injured?

that is low....what a thing to say

Rhino played his guts out,,,,made a lot if hard yards,,,,...

Gesh...imagine if we had lost...

Fulton was awesome ....lets celebrate our players who dug deep for the Mighty Wests Tigers Jersey.....

Not slag on them..... :roll:
Agree with GEO and Staks.

Cant believe peeps would be slagging them when they stood up in a bruising encounter like that.

Dead set ordinary to be baggin them.

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:01 pm

dont worry that it was only the first game of the season,,

wait a minute, lets just drop everyone for whole season that didnt play to their full potential..

ron burgandy wrote:
Staks wrote:

if you are going to try and insult me atleast get your standard of grammar up.

ok last year heighno was average well below the standard he set in 08 and i dunno what game you guys were watching but he was god awful last night, he was responsible for 10 of manly's points, i think rhinos best days are behind him he had a good run from 06-08 but last year he offered little and he started this year with a clanger, bring in gower for him.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:03 pm

king sirro wrote:
supercoach wrote:Rhino will be better for the run, Manly had a big classy forward pack I always thought our pack would struggle
Why will he be better for the run? He's had two trials just like Fulton and Ellis, he should have been firing last night. I thought he was having one of his better games except for his unbelievably slow play the balls, but then he just went right off the boil. I think he knows he's under pressure and tried too hard last night.

IMO this has been brewing for 12 months, hes definatly not an 80 minute player his impact gets less and less as the match wears on, he needs a spell or atleast his game time cut back
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:17 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
IMO this has been brewing for 12 months, hes definatly not an 80 minute player his impact gets less and less as the match wears on, he needs a spell or atleast his game time cut back
You obviously wasn't at the game...but your right ....his impact got better ....at 20-10 he saved a try....and another later on....with awesome goal line D....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:19 pm

Fulton was outstanding IMO... he tackled well all night... and has topped off a great second row line who can now all play the 80 mins and do it well. How about the support play with moltzen for his try.. he must have covered about 30 odd metres just to get near him cause he was well out of the picture before he got close!

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:27 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
king sirro wrote:

Name another Tigers forward that made more metres in attack than Rhino did last night...Oh that's right, there isn't anyone. The only player to make more tackles than him was Fulton. His discipline was terrible, and he knows that. That was the worst aspect of his game. He had a poor read on George Rose which the butterball scored from, but as Geo said, he came up with some excellent tackles late in the game. People calling for him to be dropped are kidding themselves. The starting 13 isn't the problem, it's the makeup and use of the interchange bench.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 5:44 pm

Come on Willow, your a good enough judge to know if u demand the ball enough and run more than any other forward your stats will look good.

I actually thought Heighno was going good. One of my gripes with him over the years is that he falls away when covering the inside, but a couple of times in the first half he saved us with great defence. His yards were fine and he even offloaded. I was pulling my hair out at how slow he plays the ball, but other than that i was happy with him and was even thinking about how ill give him credit where credit is due here on the forum, but then he had so many brain explosions and his attempt of tackle on Rose was embarrassing.

I really think he tries too hard sometimes. He needs to to settle a bit, be interchanged and play his role to be more qaulity rather than qauntity.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 6:41 pm

king sirro wrote:Come on Willow, your a good enough judge to know if u demand the ball enough and run more than any other forward your stats will look good.

I actually thought Heighno was going good. One of my gripes with him over the years is that he falls away when covering the inside, but a couple of times in the first half he saved us with great defence. His yards were fine and he even offloaded. I was pulling my hair out at how slow he plays the ball, but other than that i was happy with him and was even thinking about how ill give him credit where credit is due here on the forum, but then he had so many brain explosions and his attempt of tackle on Rose was embarrassing.

I really think he tries too hard sometimes. He needs to to settle a bit, be interchanged and play his role to be more qaulity rather than qauntity.
Yeah but every side needs a workhorse backrower who can consistently get over 100 metres in attack. The Tigers have Heighno, Manly have Whatmough, the Sharks have Gallen and so on. I thought he hit the line hard last night, and I didn't think his play-the-ball was bad. He got caught out badly in defence when George Rose strolled past him, and yes, his discipline was atrocious and it did cost the side points. The good thing to come out of it though is that he has a bit of improvement in him still.

Going by the way he his hitting the line this year so far, I reckon he's in for a better season than last year and he looks fitter. Let's see if he stops giving away the cheap penalties against Easts.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:22 pm

First post on the new board.

I had my doubts about him coming back but I was wrong.

I have always liked him as a footballer just wished he was about 10kgs heavier and could bust the line more often. If he was a Queenslander he could fill Dallas Johnsons spot at lock but with our dud NSW selectors he is not the type of player they would even look at.

Last nights game reminded me he is a natural footballer (Blake is another natural footballer); he knows where to be in both attack and defence. He reads the play instinctively and some of his decisions in defence were critical to last nights win.

Great to have you back Liam.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:34 pm

willow wrote:
king sirro wrote:Come on Willow, your a good enough judge to know if u demand the ball enough and run more than any other forward your stats will look good.

Yeah but every side needs a workhorse backrower who can consistently get over 100 metres in attack. The Tigers have Heighno, Manly have Whatmough, the Sharks have Gallen and so on. I thought he hit the line hard last night, and I didn't think his play-the-ball was bad. He got caught out badly in defence when George Rose strolled past him, and yes, his discipline was atrocious and it did cost the side points. The good thing to come out of it though is that he has a bit of improvement in him still.

Going by the way he his hitting the line this year so far, I reckon he's in for a better season than last year and he looks fitter. Let's see if he stops giving away the cheap penalties against Easts.
Surely u didnt just compare Heighno's contribution to our team in the same breath as Watmough and Gallens to their respective teams?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:58 pm

I'd prefer Whatmough over Heighno and I'd prefer Heighno over Gallen. I know you don't like Heighno so I'll leave it at that.

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 8:16 pm

Liam Fulton was "EXCELLENT". 8.5/10. When Payten returns, Fulton to Lock, Payten to 2nd Row & Heighnington to Bench IMO!
:master:

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 8:56 pm

willow wrote:I'd prefer Whatmough over Heighno and I'd prefer Heighno over Gallen. I know you don't like Heighno so I'll leave it at that.
Its not that i dont like him. The 2008 Heighno i love. As a person, clubman and competitor i rate him highly. What i dont rate is his performances on the park the past 12 months. Would love to see him back to his 08 form.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS