Scratchy, but you deserved it

Flight

Scratchy, but you deserved it

Post by Flight » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:24 pm

Heya,

Just got back from the game, gutted! bad day, wolfman out for 6-8, stewie wont be back for 4 months...and we blew a lead.

Both teams quite scratchy as you'd expect, hope you tigs supporters don't have heart conditions, because i think you will live by the sword and die by it, again this year; very entertaining though!

All the best for the season, see you down at leicardt.

Flight

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:39 pm

Entertaining game, only 2 downsides for me.

1. Maxwells performance.

2. The fact that Rose didn't get dropped by Gibbs before he was binned. Absolute tosser, up there with Ennis for me.

I thought Foran and Lyon went well though. Watmough and Stewart were kept reasonably quiet which was good for us :P

Illek

Post by Illek » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey flight,

appreciate your sportsmanship. Was a tight game, and you guys look like you are in a for a good season (as long as you keep watmough on the field you are always a good chance to win). Was a thrilling win but geez I hope everyweek isnt like that

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:45 pm

Flight wrote:Heya,

Just got back from the game, gutted! bad day, wolfman out for 6-8, stewie wont be back for 4 months...and we blew a lead.

Both teams quite scratchy as you'd expect, hope you tigs supporters don't have heart conditions, because i think you will live by the sword and die by it, again this year; very entertaining though!

Flight
Great stuff Flight....you are a true supporter....

I question though...Does Desi train Manly to attack the heads of the opposition player?,,,,they excelled at it tonight
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Flight

Post by Flight » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:46 pm

Hard to take to much out of the first round, just look at souths! (don't like them, but gees they have a squad)

Didn't see the Rose incident, but got plenty of txt's about it. Lot of dropped ball from you guys, but im sure that will be ironed out soon enough. Expect your backline to be bombed heavily for the next few games!

Flight

Flight

Post by Flight » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:49 pm

Geo. wrote:
Flight wrote:Heya,

Flight
Great stuff Flight....you are a true supporter....

I question though...Does Desi train Manly to attack the heads of the opposition player?,,,,they excelled at it tonight
Mate, haven't looked at any replays, but from what I saw Kite was involved in two of them? Not his game. Be interesting to see the tribunal this week...Des' first priority is discipline, I do need to watch the replays tho!

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:49 pm

30/39 isn't a particularly bad completion rate, particularly early in the season. I think two were for strips as well.

Bloody high quality game of football for the first round.

tiger sean

Post by tiger sean » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:49 pm

Flight wrote:Hard to take to much out of the first round, just look at souths! (don't like them, but gees they have a squad)

Didn't see the Rose incident, but got plenty of txt's about it. Lot of dropped ball from you guys, but im sure that will be ironed out soon enough. Expect your backline to be bombed heavily for the next few games!

Flight
I thought both teams handling was actually really good for first round.
Im pretty sure both teams completed over 75%

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:56 am

Completion rates for both teams was high. Discipline for both sides was another story...One thing on Manly though, take Lyon out of the team and their attack becomes very pedestrian. Depth in the halves will be their problem this year IMO.

dacoots_tiger

Post by dacoots_tiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:30 pm

Good onya Flight.

Manly will take alot away from last night. I'm sure they'll be keen to make amends next week, although, with Stewart out for 6wks - could be a tough ask to get up at Parra.

One plus for you is that the Eels havent got off the start all were expecting.