Benji & Robbie

tiger05

Re: Benji & Robbie

Post by tiger05 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 6:42 am

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:
pearce_off wrote:I can only assume the OP is trolling here and we've all fallen for it.

Thought Robbie was terrific tonight. Benji was flawless....great to see.
Yeah no doubt, I think the OP is doing what the guy in his avatar is.
Its a ciggie.

Maybe I am being harsh on Farah. Maybe comparing him to Benji is unfair as Benji is the best player in the game right now and Robbie is not at that level (& probably never will be).

I just thought that Robbie was going to become one of the top players in the game and maybe he is but he isn't up there with Benji & Hayne.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:23 am

tiger05 wrote:Farah is solid but he is nowhere near the player of 2007. I used to love him but now it is like he is just a plodder.

I hear the stats argument all the time but simply he is not a gun player anymore. Ennis and Farah are close and I don't think Ennis is a gun player at all.

Benji on the other hand has gone from all flash to the best player (or one of the top 5 at worst) in the game. Farah has gone from the best player (or one of the top 5 at worst) to maybe the 2nd best hooker in NSW - and this is obvious to the SOO selectors.

Will Motzen turn into our 2nd star ? At the moment it looks more likely.

I hope this year Farah turns it around but again tonight he came up with the SOO passes. His defence is still good but geez he has gone down a notch.

Has he lost some pace ? Has his passing game suddenly become inconsistent ? I am struggling to see why this has happened.
Go back to watching park football. It's clear you're no judge of talent when you see it. The Tigers would not have won without Farah last night.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:32 am

willow wrote:Go back to watching park football. It's clear you're no judge of talent when you see it. The Tigers would not have won without Farah last night.
Thanks for the constructive feedback but I think I'll continue to watch the tigers in the NRL.

Maybe you should rethink your assesment of his performance and stop watching with rose coloured glasses. He made mistakes last night. Yes when he got the ball out wider he was dangerous. Yes he put in a couple of good kicks. He also put in a couple of poor kicks and threw some poor passes and he wasn't dynamite from dummy half. It certainly wasn't a performance of one of the top players in the game.

I have seen Benji pasted on here for a lot less. Now it is pretty obvious that Benji is one of the top players in the game - its arguable but I think he is the best player in the game. Robbie is not at that level.

I hope he turns it around and there were a lot of +ves from his performance.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:44 am

tiger05 wrote:
willow wrote:Go back to watching park football. It's clear you're no judge of talent when you see it. The Tigers would not have won without Farah last night.
Thanks for the constructive feedback but I think I'll continue to watch the tigers in the NRL.

Maybe you should rethink your assesment of his performance and stop watching with rose coloured glasses. He made mistakes last night. Yes when he got the ball out wider he was dangerous. Yes he put in a couple of good kicks. He also put in a couple of poor kicks and threw some poor passes and he wasn't dynamite from dummy half. It certainly wasn't a performance of one of the top players in the game.

I have seen Benji pasted on here for a lot less. Now it is pretty obvious that Benji is one of the top players in the game - its arguable but I think he is the best player in the game. Robbie is not at that level.

I hope he turns it around and there were a lot of +ves from his performance.

I don't watch with rose coloured glasses and don't need to re-assess his performance. Fact of the matter is, without Farah last night, the Tigers lose. It's that simple. Yes he wasn't at his best but he was far from the worst and one of the better Tigers on the field.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:50 am

In fairness for round 1 the only standout hooker performance was from young Hinchcliffe and that was against a pedestrian Sharks outfit. Farah did well and should improve next start

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:00 am

smeghead wrote:In fairness for round 1 the only standout hooker performance was from young Hinchcliffe and that was against a pedestrian Sharks outfit. Farah did well and should improve next start
Maybe I am being harsh however he hasn't really been performing up to the level I want him to be at. I think he can be the best hooker in the game and I have seen him perform to that level. The thing is that he hasn't been at that level for a while now.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:14 am

Don't necassarily disagree but for mine a hookers best work is something you have to go back and look for. Especially in a team structured as ours is. With Moltzen a genuine playmaker at the back it takes some of Robbies load away

His service at times was a little sloppy and some of his kicks were not great but for now I will put that down to a little rust. If it keeps going maybe there is more to it

tiger3

Post by tiger3 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:54 am

Benji is all the optional extra's on the car - the premium paint job, shiney badge,tints,wheels etc.
Farah is what's under the hood,no matter how good the car looks, if it ain't got a reliable motor with a bit of grunt the car ain't going nowhere!
Absolutely no doubt that our team relies on Farah more than Benji. If Benji is firing ,awesome. But if Farah isn't playing, forget it...

dacoots_tiger

Post by dacoots_tiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:42 pm

I want to call my kids Benji and Robbie - if the wife will let me that is.

Either that or Keith and Taniela.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:32 pm

in general, i agree with you tiger05, and commend you on your objective outlook in this thread....
if marshall consistently performs like this, then after a while i will consider him as one of the best.

marshall has in recent times come under a lot of criticism - and i have been pretty outspoken on him myself - but i think it has been warranted. since the end of last season and last night i think my previous views that if he only played as a good player in a good team, rather than trying to be a freakishly super awesome player every time he gets the ball, then the tigers go much better.

he has reigned in the penchant for the miracle lookaway pass to the 3rd row of the stands and the tigers have reaped the benefits. i believe this is what is making benji a big asset once more, rather than the liability a lot of others refused to concede he has been.

from my perspective, farah does appear to have not fulfilled the promise he showed a couple of years ago. i dont know why, maybe oppositions know his play better, maybe the captaincy, maybe the disappointments of being dropped for SOO? but the fact is he doesnt SEEM to be the gun he was. but thats fine because more of a spread of the playmaking between him, benji, lui and moltzen seemed to work pretty well...

alien

Post by alien » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 6:48 pm

tiger3 wrote: Farah is what's under the hood,no matter how good the car looks, if it ain't got a reliable motor with a bit of grunt the car ain't going nowhere!
I think Galloway fits that description more.

wtffl2005

Post by wtffl2005 » Fri 19 Mar, 2010 12:54 am

dacoots_tiger wrote:I want to call my kids Benji and Robbie - if the wife will let me that is.

Either that or Keith and Taniela.

lol i convinced my sister to call her son benji