Benji & Robbie

tiger05

Benji & Robbie

Post by tiger05 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:27 pm

As per last season Benji steps up and prove he is our best player by a mile. Robbie again looks out of sorts but does come up with a crunch play to win us the game.

There are a couple of issues I have with this:
1. Should Benji be made captain ?
2. What has to happen for Robbie to start playing like one of the top players in the game ?

I have no problem with Benji - he is our best player and if this continues he is the best player in the game (maybe Hayne as well).

As for Robbie there are glimpses but he is still that little off the pace. Why has he gone backwards whereas Marshall has gone forward. Has he peaked as a player ?

pacey

Post by pacey » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:29 pm

Benji has captain.
No, he makes to many mistakes , Robbies the best selection for captain
I just think Robbies a bit out of form
he isnt playing to bad

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:30 pm

Lets wait a few weeks before we judge Robbie. From all reports he had a cracker against the Sharks. Dont forget as a hooker Robbie is always going to rely on the speed of the play the ball. If we are slow he is always going to be nullified to some extent.

fainty

Post by fainty » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:30 pm

Hate to say it... But thus is a rubbish post

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:31 pm

pacey wrote:Benji has captain.
No, he makes to many mistakes , Robbies the best selection for captain
I just think Robbies a bit out of form
he isnt playing to bad
A bit out of form for the past two years - now the 3rd year.

As for Benji it has got to the stage where it isn't even close - minimal errors (again none tonight) / solid defence and consistent big plays.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:32 pm

fainty wrote:Hate to say it... But thus is a rubbish post

Totally Agree...!!!

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:34 pm

Manlys forwards were smashing us up the middle. Robbie was probably buggered trying to bring down their big men down. Marshall didn't use as much juice up in defence. Its only Round 1 Rob will be better for the run.

Going to be a big ask to play with the same intensity against the Roosters after a quick back up

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:34 pm

im going to put some money on benji for the dally m, this is his year.

your comments on farah are rubbish, i wouldnt swap him for any other 9 in the game
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:35 pm

What?! I think if you look at Farah's stats, they will be right up there with the top in the league! Marshall has gone forward because he hasn't been a consistent footballer like Farah has always been.

Plus, after watching him in the sharks trial, he has heaps up his sleeve to deliver this year.

He wasn't as effective tonight because the Dirty Eagles really slowed down the play the ball.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:36 pm

Farah gets murdered by the refs, nearly every time he runs from dummy half the markers are offside but we never seem to get a penalty anymore.

I was happy with Farah tonight anyway.

Illek

Post by Illek » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:38 pm

tiger05 wrote:A bit out of form for the past two years - now the 3rd year.

This could be the worst post ive ever seen on here. Farah might have played some average games at the end of last year, but he carried the team by himself in 2008, and majority of last year he was good whilst maybe not up to his brilliant best.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:41 pm

ron burgandy wrote:your comments on farah are rubbish, i wouldnt swap him for any other 9 in the game
I whole heartedly agree Ron, Robbie probably played his best season last year, and just about carried the team through the year. We shouldn't be relying on Farah as much as we used to, as we have the stock now in ball playing forwards like Fulton and Flanagan and depth in the backs from Moltzen, Lui and Lawrence.

To insinuate he's peaked or wasn't putting enough in is just stupid. The fact the the coaching staff and some of the fans expect him to be involved with every play the last couple of seasons was probably half the reason why he wanted to up stumps and start looking around in the first place.

I wouldn't even trade him for Smith...
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Moh

Post by Moh » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:41 pm

This topic is a shocker.

Farah is just as important if not more important than Benji. And he played very well tonight. Few great kicks, especially the one to win it as well as the one for Beau Ryan who should've scored!

mountain tiger

Post by mountain tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:42 pm

Farah wasn't too bad tonight, considering how our forwards got bashed. A bit rusty with some of his attacking kicks, but still managed some big plays.

Benji looked real confident tonight once our big guys decided to get into the battle. Give us a slick halfback and we are premiership contenders again (is Scotty Prince unsettled up there yet???).

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:43 pm

The kick for Ryan was just extraordinary.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:44 pm

TimmyB wrote:The kick for Ryan was just extraordinary.
Agreed and a good winger would have scored.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:44 pm

Farah is solid but he is nowhere near the player of 2007. I used to love him but now it is like he is just a plodder.

I hear the stats argument all the time but simply he is not a gun player anymore. Ennis and Farah are close and I don't think Ennis is a gun player at all.

Benji on the other hand has gone from all flash to the best player (or one of the top 5 at worst) in the game. Farah has gone from the best player (or one of the top 5 at worst) to maybe the 2nd best hooker in NSW - and this is obvious to the SOO selectors.

Will Motzen turn into our 2nd star ? At the moment it looks more likely.

I hope this year Farah turns it around but again tonight he came up with the SOO passes. His defence is still good but geez he has gone down a notch.

Has he lost some pace ? Has his passing game suddenly become inconsistent ? I am struggling to see why this has happened.

pearce_off

Post by pearce_off » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:45 pm

I can only assume the OP is trolling here and we've all fallen for it.

Thought Robbie was terrific tonight. Benji was flawless....great to see.