Benji & Robbie

Tap Twist Snap

Re: Benji & Robbie

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:46 pm

Can't wait till both hit top form because they will be unstoppable. Thats about as slick as Benji has ever been for a round 1 match. Robbie was solid but could work on his kicking. For round 1 I'm very happy with the way they are going.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:47 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
TimmyB wrote:The kick for Ryan was just extraordinary.
Agreed and a good winger would have scored.
I totally agree. He still has a good kicking game in him but he mixes it up with dud kicks.

It is like he has taken over the inconsistency tag from Benji and Benji is now consistent.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:49 pm

pearce_off wrote:I can only assume the OP is trolling here and we've all fallen for it.

Thought Robbie was terrific tonight. Benji was flawless....great to see.
I'm not trolling and you have basically agreed with me. Benji now plays consistently good games and carries us. Robbie is more like a good player but not a superstar.

It has been like this for a while as well.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:52 pm

robbie only a good player ? well given he came what 2nd in the dally ms last year - if he is only good and not great then rugby league must be struggling becasue there isnt any great players in the game - stupid post, stupid thread usually i dont get offended by other posts but this is a ridiculous call one of the worst ive ever heard

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:53 pm

tiger05 wrote:
pearce_off wrote:I can only assume the OP is trolling here and we've all fallen for it.

I'm not trolling and you have basically agreed with me. Benji now plays consistently good games and carries us. Robbie is more like a good player but not a superstar.

thanks for this thread tiger05 youve taken the heat off me for not throwing fulton a street parade for an average game
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:53 pm

tiger05 wrote:Farah is solid but he is nowhere near the player of 2007. I used to love him but now it is like he is just a plodder.

I hear the stats argument all the time but simply he is not a gun player anymore. Ennis and Farah are close and I don't think Ennis is a gun player at all.

Benji on the other hand has gone from all flash to the best player (or one of the top 5 at worst) in the game. Farah has gone from the best player (or one of the top 5 at worst) to maybe the 2nd best hooker in NSW - and this is obvious to the SOO selectors.

Will Motzen turn into our 2nd star ? At the moment it looks more likely.

I hope this year Farah turns it around but again tonight he came up with the SOO passes. His defence is still good but geez he has gone down a notch.

Has he lost some pace ? Has his passing game suddenly become inconsistent ? I am struggling to see why this has happened.

Okay, does anyone seriously buy to this?
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

pearce_off

Post by pearce_off » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:58 pm

tiger05 wrote:

So your bemoaning the fact that Benji is now as good as Farah??? What a blight on our team! Farah is a Superstar - Darren Senter was a "good" player. The difference is chalk cheese. Benji carrying us??? Nope, there were lots of guys contributing in attack tonight Benji, Farah, Moltz, Luis, Fulton, Lawrence and Tuquiri to name a few. That's the way it was and how it should be. Not sure what game you were watching.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:04 pm

I am bewildered. Robbie is a demon and always has been. Tonight was no exception.

Danos

Post by Danos » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:15 pm

Back in your box Benji!! A week ago you said you were going to play conservative this season, give it up mate, you haven't got it in you. :lol:

How was it when he tiptoed the sideline around Brett Stewart before the final try, I nearly had a heart attack!!

Benji, Robbie & Moltzen were sublime when the clicked.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:19 pm

Farah played well tonight without been out and out brillant, round one give him a break and from where Iam sitting we would be in sorts of trouble without him

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:39 pm

I think Robbie had a good game. He was outstanding and at his best. To compare form is a little harsh. He is the skipper and benji his vice.

Benji is more conistent and didn't have any Benji moments from memory. He has matured as a player and person.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:46 pm

Something happened to Benji mid way through last year. He is now playing better than he did in 2005. Perhaps not as brilliant but far more controlled.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:38 am

tiger05 wrote:
pacey wrote:Benji has captain.
No, he makes to many mistakes , Robbies the best selection for captain
I just think Robbies a bit out of form
he isnt playing to bad
A bit out of form for the past two years - now the 3rd year.

As for Benji it has got to the stage where it isn't even close - minimal errors (again none tonight) / solid defence and consistent big plays.

have you forgotten how close farah has gotten to dally m the past few years?
and how benji hasn't even been close
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:52 am

southerntiger wrote:Something happened to Benji mid way through last year. He is now playing better than he did in 2005. Perhaps not as brilliant but far more controlled.
Agreed....except his defense is first rate now.

COuld not be happier Bunji's form.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 12:53 am

MacDougall wrote:I am bewildered. Robbie is a demon and always has been. Tonight was no exception.
Agreed.

He is a beast.

panthera tigris

Post by panthera tigris » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:06 am

Right at the end there Benji did a move i thought that was impossible, along the sideline, and he almost scored. Nobody else in the game would of even attempted it. Wouldn't trade hime for the world. They were both great tonight.

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:04 am

Yeah no doubt, I think the OP is doing what the guy in his avatar is.

wtffl2005

Post by wtffl2005 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:14 am

cant think of a better combination in the nrl