Go Forward??

bbobb

Go Forward??

Post by bbobb » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi

Was at the game and whilwe played well to win I thought our go forward was once again ordinary. Keith went well but Moors and Cayless didn't offer much and Bryce is not really known for his metre-eating. I felt we were dominated in the ruck which didn't allow Robbie space hence he was quiet.

I am a little disappointed in the fact that we haven't improved in that aera of the game albeit this is the first game of the season. I think if we lay a good platform we will be extreemly competitive with our undoubted strike power

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:43 pm

galloway gibbs > cayless moors
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:44 pm

We need someone on the bench with a bit of size. We lost the way after 20mins and struggled to make 30m each set.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:47 pm

Daine Laurie would be handy this season.

Though Andrew Fifita should be a straight swap for Daniel Fitzhenry next week imo.

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:48 pm

Mmm was at the game... really did lack the go foward... Cayless needs a few more games so to Moors, both have come off long injury layoffs and will need a few games to reach their full potential. WOnt be long before we have some good grunt of the bench :)

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:48 pm

We need a prop on the bench instead of Fitzhenry.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:51 pm

The bench use was woeful, and those that came off it added the impact of a snail.
We basically won with 14/15 men

tiger sean

Post by tiger sean » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:59 pm

I agree we really need Cayless to step up in the next few weeks.
Once Galloway and Gibbs went off that's when Manly got the momentum and really rolled through us.

Danos

Post by Danos » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:00 pm

Moors wasn't too bad at all, from where I was sitting. He didn't see much ball, or game time. Cayless needs a lot of match fitness and quickly. Fitzy's spot on the bench could be put to better use.. maybe A.Fifita, or Tupou would be perfect if/when he gets match fit.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:02 pm

innsaneink wrote:The bench use was woeful, and those that came off it added the impact of a snail.
We basically won with 14/15 men
Agreed.....

Gibbs and Galloway Hey.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:09 pm

tupou would be a luxury - hope he gets a clearance from his injury - he's probably the biggest player in the club. i hope he's not a dud buy.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:09 pm

September is a long way away, Sheens said Cayles is at least a month away from peak fitness. Moors played well except from one dropped ball. I see both Fitzy and Flanagan as a bit of a waste on the bench and I would have Fulton as my backline insurance and have another two forwards on the bench

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:35 pm

Galloway and Gibbs went forward well. Both were busy and made good meters. Manly played much better when those 2 went off and Kite and Rose came on. Their reserve props played bigger and stronger and they turned the match.

Cayless doesn't look at his best but will play better with more matches. Moors was solid and will also get better. He isn't a giant but looks a willing worker. Heighington seemed to run the ball most when the reserve props were on the field. He isn't as effective when playing 80 minutes but gives a good hand. Flanagan and Fitzhenry should not take 2 spots on the bench. Someone like Fifita or Schirnack would better suit the team. Or maybe even somone like Mataka or Akeipra when fit.

Its deffinately an issue though when teams play big like Manly did and Souths will. Payten won't make a big difference either.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:49 pm

We look big on paper only.

Our forwards look very small although that could be deceiving because we were dominated.

Our forwards arent going to dominate every game no matter how big they are (Look at Souths) and Manly have a big, international forward pack as well.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:54 pm

Size has nothing to do with it. The Manly back row is small compared to most others, but they play the game very physical. Gareth plays the game as physical as anyone so we have no problems with him and I thaught Liam had a job to do to try and keep Watmough as quiet as possible. Watmough still had a big impact, but nothing like he did against us late last year, Liam had a great game in my opinion. Heighington tried hard and i`m not going to bag him for giving away a few penalties as he was doing his best to slow the play the ball down, but we definately need some more firepower off the bench.

BRET

Post by BRET » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:02 am

When Gibbs and Galloway came off it hurt us. I didn't like seeing them both jog off the field at the same time. What a relief it was when they came back on.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

angeman

Post by angeman » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:42 am

payten in for flanagan when available

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:46 am

MacDougall wrote:Daine Laurie would be handy this season.

Though Andrew Fifita should be a straight swap for Daniel Fitzhenry next week imo.
Fifita is a few weeks away from getting a call up as long as his strong form for Wests continues.