Robert Lui

Alwaysownyou

Robert Lui

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:29 am

My apologies.

I was scathingly critical of you after the Roosters trial.

I called you the worst player to pull on a Tigers jersey.

Whilst you weren't the best player on the park last night you certainly atoned yourself and had a very high quality game against some very good opposition.

Keep it up mate, there's a lot more games to win in 2010 yet.
MOTH and proud.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 7:42 am

He went alright last night. Didn't run the show like Marshall and Farah did, but his kicking was sound, as was his defence and he threw a couple of nice passes to put players into space. Still plenty of room for improvement, but once Lui realises he can hold his own against the top teams, I'm sure he'll grow in confidence and form.

pearce_off

Post by pearce_off » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:07 am

I thought he went well. Nice problem to have. Moltzen definitely belongs in the run on team somewhere - but still not convinced he is our best option at fullback. We should petition the league for teams of 14. Moltzen can play at the new 9/16 position.

We should have a bit more coverage for injuries in the halves at the very least.

BRET

Post by BRET » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:11 am

Good on you Alwaysownyou for coming in here and admitting when you think you were overly critical.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:16 am

Played a good game in the shadows of Farrah and Benji.Give him time will be good some nice plays from him last night and his defence is much improved.This week will be at tester against Roosters Pearce.Looking forward to this.............

:sign: :supporter: :righton:
Cheers Poppa

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:23 am

Well said!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:31 am

Worst player ever? That's a ridiculous statement to have made in the first place mate. He's only 19 and he's got legit talent. Personally I don't think he's ready for first grade yet, but he's got talent.

Worst player ever......geez, some people must have short term memories. Nick Graham..........Sam Harris.......half of the players during the entire 1990's....

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:58 am

cnx_tigers wrote:Worst player ever? That's a ridiculous statement to have made in the first place mate. He's only 19 and he's got legit talent. Personally I don't think he's ready for first grade yet, but he's got talent.

Worst player ever......geez, some people must have short term memories. Nick Graham..........Sam Harris.......half of the players during the entire 1990's....
He had done absolutely nothing in every game I saw him play, including Toyota Cup.

He was ridiculously poor in the Foundation Cup match.

19 or 29 every performance up until last night was woeful IMO and last night he took a massive step forward in my book and I'm giving him the praise he is due.

I'll own up when I'm wrong, but the problem for most of you on here, I rarely am.
MOTH and proud.

tiger3

Post by tiger3 » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:58 am

I just wish he would learn how to give EARLY BALL :brick:

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:09 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:Worst player ever? That's a ridiculous statement to have made in the first place mate. He's only 19 and he's got legit talent. Personally I don't think he's ready for first grade yet, but he's got talent.

He had done absolutely nothing in every game I saw him play, including Toyota Cup.

19 or 29 every performance up until last night was woeful IMO and last night he took a massive step forward in my book and I'm giving him the praise he is due.

I'll own up when I'm wrong, but the problem for most of you on here, I rarely am.
dont have fox? cause the 7-8 games on fox last year Lui and Mullaney were the 2 best,didnt Lui also have around 25 try assists last year and u think hes done nothing ?

the hate Lui gets on these boards is crazy,is it cause u all want moltzen at 7?

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:12 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:
Interesting? He was the Toyota Cup 5/8th of the year. Games i saw him in he was a standout in the majority.

He's got a lot to work on to make it at this level though. At the moment he's supporting Farah and Marshall, not overplaying his hand. I think he's doing reasonably well.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 1:41 pm

Alwaysownyou wrote:

You came up with a decent first post and then you lose credibility with statements like the above. He carved up in Toyota Cup...As for being rarely wrong, well that's entirely subjective, not that it's a problem for the rest of us.

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Tue 16 Mar, 2010 2:01 pm

X-Pac wrote:
Alwaysownyou wrote:

dont have fox? cause the 7-8 games on fox last year Lui and Mullaney were the 2 best,didnt Lui also have around 25 try assists last year and u think hes done nothing ?

the hate Lui gets on these boards is crazy,is it cause u all want moltzen at 7?

Mullaney was streets ahead of anyone in the competition, let alone the Tigers.

Lui did not dominate anything. He played some okay football, but he did not dominate.

He was very inconsistent, he was also one of the reasons why we lost the Grand Final.
MOTH and proud.