New game plan needed

larrycorowa

New game plan needed

Unread post by larrycorowa » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:11 am

Our game style this year has been mostly ineffective. We have an over reliance on second man plays in good ball position. Et as a ball playing lock doesn't engage anyone is slow and allows defences to easily adjust.

While et has been a good addition and has helped tighten up the middle, his involvement in attack is being overplayed. It needs a total rethink. We need to be playing at the line and at speed to engage defenders and create space for our outside men.

Teddy and our backrowers/centres should be turned back through the middle and any shifts should be off quick play the balls to suli.

Lateral, structured football is dead and is now suicide for us, witness the last two months of football. Our impotent attack has been as much to blame as our defence.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:43 am

We have so many issues. Can you even focus on attack when we make heaps of mistakes, our defence is terrible and our go forward is pretty poor.

I think we need to fix heaps of things and then see how our attack stacks up.

Seantice

Unread post by Seantice » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:50 am

Mate we played better when we wentbthrough the middle. Teddy sniffing around the ruck ptovided plenty of opportunities. Then attack through theedges with suli, nofo etcm

pdenny77

Unread post by pdenny77 » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:01 am

I think we should score more tries.

ricksen

Unread post by ricksen » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:37 am

We've played most of the season with at least one of our first choice halves either injured or acting up. Thus it's no real surprise that the attack has been pretty garbage.
I'm keen to see Brooks and Lolohea get a decent run of games together.

TIGER

Unread post by TIGER » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:57 pm

Let's face it as much as we've all gone off Woods, without his offloads creating second phase play we have zero in attack.

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 7:14 pm

We need 3 Props on the park playing in the middle for the majority of a match just to get us on an even footing with most teams... If we can achieve this, maybe our edges will be more effective/devastating?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 7:22 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:01 am
Maybe make sure the opposition score less tries.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 7:24 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 7:22 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Or both

WestsBenTigers

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 7:56 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 7:24 pm
Russell wrote:
pdenny77 wrote:
Or both
Or maybe hire a decent referee
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:00 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 7:56 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Russell wrote:
pdenny77 wrote:
Or both
lol... I think its pretty clear we have plenty of short comings before we need to blame referees.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

WestsBenTigers

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:03 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:00 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Russell wrote:

Or both
lol... I think its pretty clear we have plenty of short comings before we need to blame referees.
A good referee will always help
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:03 pm

I would be going with the give it to Tedesco for this game the opposition may let him stroll over for a few meat pies...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

pdenny77

Unread post by pdenny77 » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 10:42 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:00 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Russell wrote:

Or both
If by saying "hire" he means bribe, then I think he's onto something!

colmcd

Unread post by colmcd » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 2:05 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:11 am
Our game style this year has been mostly ineffective. We have an over reliance on second man plays in good ball position. Et as a ball playing lock doesn't engage anyone is slow and allows defences to easily adjust.

While et has been a good addition and has helped tighten up the middle, his involvement in attack is being overplayed. It needs a total rethink. We need to be playing at the line and at speed to engage defenders and create space for our outside men.

Teddy and our backrowers/centres should be turned back through the middle and any shifts should be off quick play the balls to suli.

Lateral, structured football is dead and is now suicide for us, witness the last two months of football. Our impotent attack has been as much to blame as our defence.
I think you are hitting on something here. Yet I remember watching a Tigers game and the announcers said "everyone is playing like Melbourne now. There are only 4 styles in the comp and that's why I love watching the tigers. Tigers, Warriors [someone else, Canberra or Manly maybe] and everyone else copying the Storm".

Tim Sheens had his faults, many faults... but he was entertaining and original. We have embraced Potter and Taylor and it has not worked.... but I had this feeling with the both of them that they would play a different style of football to everyone else.

Do we want to try and wressle our way to a premiership or do we want our own style. We need to be competitive but I don't want us to be a clone.

sideline eye

Unread post by sideline eye » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 11:11 pm

I just want us to play winning football, whatever the style is. If we can beat the top teams at their own game, I'm more than happy with that.

wmlmaster

Unread post by wmlmaster » Thu 08 Jun, 2017 7:21 am

colmcd wrote:
Wed 07 Jun, 2017 2:05 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:11 am

I think you are hitting on something here. Yet I remember watching a Tigers game and the announcers said "everyone is playing like Melbourne now. There are only 4 styles in the comp and that's why I love watching the tigers. Tigers, Warriors [someone else, Canberra or Manly maybe] and everyone else copying the Storm".

Tim Sheens had his faults, many faults... but he was entertaining and original. We have embraced Potter and Taylor and it has not worked.... but I had this feeling with the both of them that they would play a different style of football to everyone else.

Do we want to try and wressle our way to a premiership or do we want our own style. We need to be competitive but I don't want us to be a clone.
I think most us enjoyed the first half of Origin I no matter who you support due to the free flowing football........ so it made me think, why was it a good half? other than the obvious score being a NSW supporter.

It is simple, the ball stayed in play for a very long time.

It may be a wacky idea but hear me out. I think the NRL should consider making a rule adjustment whereby if a ball is kicked out legally (1 bounce and out) the scrum should be set with a 10m loss (or to that effect) from where the ball goes out, as an example, kick it out on the opposition 25m line and the scrum gets packed at the opposition's 35m line. This will deter teams from kicking the ball out and keep the game flowing, which in turn will open the game up towards the back end of the game. Not to mention bring back the little guys into the game.

Just a wacky thought........

weststigers

Unread post by weststigers » Thu 08 Jun, 2017 7:45 pm

If Lolohea is going to play fullback next year, move him there now and switch Tedesco to 6.

We have nearly no chance of finals football.

Return to “Round 14: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”