WESTS Tigers Team V Roosters...

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Roosters...

Post by FreddyK » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:16 pm

Ivan is giving everyone the opportunity to impress for next season - putting contracts and playing positions on the line is a great motivator. Let's see what happens.

Tigertragic83

Post by Tigertragic83 » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:22 pm

why no MVZ

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:28 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:10 pm
It's a terrible team
Taking into account our injuries, name a better one.

:bash

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:44 pm

Lolohea said last night the dragons game was the first time hed played front line for 80 in a long time and he was struggling with the pace a bit.

magpiesteve

Post by magpiesteve » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:52 pm

Whats doing with Brooks. It seems if our medical staffs estimate of a players return is always off. The WT site is still showing medical updates for round 11. Just sloopy it sh be updated weekly.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:56 pm

Good to see Lovett retain his spot. Despite what the pitch forkers say, he was good last week.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:00 pm

Not looking too bad for next year though, ie.:

1 James Tedesco (Tui)
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Michael Chee-Kam (Milne)
4 Moses Suli
5 Kevin Naiqama (Rona)
6 Tuimoala Lolahea (Reynolds)
7 Jack Littlejohn (Brooks)
8 Aaron Woods (Matulino)
9 Matt McIlwrick
10 Ava (Packer)
11 Sauaso Sue (McQueen)
12 Kyle Lovett (ET)
13 Elijah Taylor (Sue)

Interchange
14 Tim Grant (Twal?)
15 JJ Felise
16 Esan Marsters
17 Jacob Liddle

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:03 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:01 pm
I am sick of getting beaten and then the same side being picked again. Has nothing changed?
It's called "pick and stick". You don't get anywhere making wholesale changes after every loss. You think people would figure this out after Sheens, Potter, Taylor, Cleary all do the same thing, it wasn't just a Tim Sheens obsession.

I'm fine to criticise the coach when there are fan-rated better options available in reserves, but when there's little depth, what do we expect? Rankin in for JLJ? MWZ in for MCK? Backrower X in for Lovett? That would just be shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

People ask in the Signings & Rumours thread why would we potentially be in the market for all of Milne, Fonua, Thompson, Rona, Watson. The answer is so when you need to or are forced to make changes, you can pick someone who is of FG quality. That's also the strength of our roster adjustment next year, the money is spread out over a more even squad, not soaked up by 5 or 6 top players.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:07 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:28 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
It's a terrible team

Mck can't be a starting centre, basically means we cant score on one side of the field. Mdz into the centres, mck into backrow in place of Lovett, bring a debutant in on the bench for Lovett. Rankin in for Jlj. 2018 can't come quick enough. Sue will get destroyed in backrow and et is too light for 13.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:11 pm

Obviously Cleary needs to go to Budget Specs!

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:21 pm

Surprised no changes but there isn't much to call on really

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:03 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
I am sick of getting beaten and then the same side being picked again. Has nothing changed?
It's called "pick and stick". You don't get anywhere making wholesale changes after every loss. You think people would figure this out after Sheens, Potter, Taylor, Cleary all do the same thing, it wasn't just a Tim Sheens obsession.

I'm fine to criticise the coach when there are fan-rated better options available in reserves, but when there's little depth, what do we expect? Rankin in for JLJ? MWZ in for MCK? Backrower X in for Lovett? That would just be shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

People ask in the Signings & Rumours thread why would we potentially be in the market for all of Milne, Fonua, Thompson, Rona, Watson. The answer is so when you need to or are forced to make changes, you can pick someone who is of FG quality. That's also the strength of our roster adjustment next year, the money is spread out over a more even squad, not soaked up by 5 or 6 top players.
Pick and stick only makes sense when you are winning

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:31 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:

Not much you can do when everyone is out injured.

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:35 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:28 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
It's a terrible team

I have no problems with the team. Who else gets picked. Rankin over JLJ. Sack Sue but we have Lawrence and Aloiai out. Chee-Kam has been ordinary and I'd definitely pick MWZ at centre over him. Maybe Chee-Kam should replace Sue and MWZ goes to centre.

There isn't though a tonne of stuff that you can do to make that team better. I also think if they put in they can compete.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:40 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
TigerWoods wrote:

Are you aware ISP got spanked last week 36-8 and also haven't one a game in a month Rankin was beyond terrible in this game..with their better performers in Lovett Felise and Marsters promoted to 1st Grade covering injury and suspension...as Jirskyr points out the cupboard is bare...You could understand if there was someone banging down the door but there is not...

It also gives Cleary the chance to see if any of these guys are worth keeping around for depth next year...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:44 pm
Lolohea said last night the dragons game was the first time hed played front line for 80 in a long time and he was struggling with the pace a bit.
He was struggling alright, so much so that I am pretty sure cramp first got him before halftime, but he pushed through, certainly going better than Moses did in his last weeks here and no worse than any other performance this season.

Three and seven to ISP, with nineteen and twenty taking their spots.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:45 pm

I'm convinced some just complain for the hell of it when everyone knows there is no depth in this squad whatsoever. What's Cleary supposed to do, replace the plodders who lost last week with more plodders? Then when they get spanked, drop them and bring these plodders back?

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:49 pm

On paper, we'll get lapped. But..... you never know.

I am looking forward to squeezing my frame into those tight Campbo grandstand seats (what the hell is going on there....???) and supporting our boys.

Not hopeful, but not sure of better options than the team picked here. A decent, whole-hearted, gritty loss would be a great outcome for 2018.