WESTS Tigers Team V Roosters...

tig_prmz

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Roosters...

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:00 pm

roosters 30+ this team may show heart but after 20 mins when they're all over us they'll just give up. idk if i'd even blame them at this point
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Earl

Post by Earl » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:02 pm

Dingo wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:55 pm
Earl wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:13 pm
Chee-Kam, Sue & JLJ really aren't first graders but the team looks good to me.
and Kevie and Lovett and Grant but other then that.
Kevvie and Grant have played heaps of first grade. Grant player SOO. They can both play. Kevvie needs to be surrounded by some players who can defence because his defence is poor. Lovett to me has been good apart from some key mistakes. He is a borderline first grader who may turn into a first grader. I think he is close to if not our best edge backrower. He isn't far off Lawrence.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:36 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:34 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:30 pm
Lol you're scraping the bottom of the barrel of complaints when you complain that Rankin isn't in the team. What's that you're having a go at others for accepting mediocrity? :lol:
This whole argument comes down to if JLJ should be in the team this week or Rankin. You say JLJ, I say Rankin. We each have our opinions.
OK so we bring in Rankin this week, drop JLJ. If we lose to the Roosters, which is a 90% probability, we then... drop Rankin for JLJ the following week? Do we keep see-sawing between Rankin and JLJ until either Brooks gets better or we jag a win?

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:43 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Lol you're scraping the bottom of the barrel of complaints when you complain that Rankin isn't in the team. What's that you're having a go at others for accepting mediocrity? :lol:
This whole argument comes down to if JLJ should be in the team this week or Rankin. You say JLJ, I say Rankin. We each have our opinions.
I say neither. Neither will do a better job than the other, that's my opinion. No use complaining about what the team is for the rest of the year, it's a write off.
I say JLJ should never play first grade again. I have been a rankin hater but he supposedly has always played out of position on the wing. Give him a shot at halfback, id rather anyone then JLJ. It also shows how much we miss Brooks, he has really stepped up since cleary took over.

timmings01

Post by timmings01 » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:04 pm

Earl wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:02 pm
Dingo wrote:
Earl wrote:
Kevvie and Grant have played heaps of first grade. Grant player SOO. They can both play. Kevvie needs to be surrounded by some players who can defence because his defence is poor. Lovett to me has been good apart from some key mistakes. He is a borderline first grader who may turn into a first grader. I think he is close to if not our best edge backrower. He isn't far off Lawrence.
I agree with this. Unlike some I like what Naiquima brings but he needs to be surrounded by the right people. I swear the guy gets picked up and thrown out of the way like a rag doll.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:07 pm

Earl wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Earl wrote:
I would think (including all the lines used in the Lawrence whipping boy posts) this would be the greatest insult you could have given Rowdy in his entire RL career.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:21 pm

The side has been picked on last weeks 2nd half performance and not the first half. JLJ only threw 2 passes to no-one and missed 3 tackles in the 2nd half last week.

Seriously this side will get carved up on the edges with defensive combos like Lolo, Lovett, MCK, Nofa on one side & JLJ, Sue, Suli & Kev on the other.

Make sure you have Latrell Mitchell in your fantasy football teams, he will have a field day.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:29 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:36 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
OK so we bring in Rankin this week, drop JLJ. If we lose to the Roosters, which is a 90% probability, we then... drop Rankin for JLJ the following week? Do we keep see-sawing between Rankin and JLJ until either Brooks gets better or we jag a win?
I'm talking about an individual performance, not a team performance. If Rankin plays well, we keep him in unless/until Brooks returns. If he plays crap, well I guess we decide once and for all who offers us a better chance at winning between JLJ and Rankin. Whomever it is we stick with them as the #1 half backup
Tigers tragic since 1980.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:56 pm
Good to see Lovett retain his spot. Despite what the pitch forkers say, he was good last week.
Yes, he was good but the pitchforkers will still pitchfork I suppose.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:32 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:07 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:28 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:10 pm
It's a terrible team
Taking into account our injuries, name a better one.

:bash
Mck can't be a starting centre, basically means we cant score on one side of the field. Mdz into the centres, mck into backrow in place of Lovett, bring a debutant in on the bench for Lovett. Rankin in for Jlj. 2018 can't come quick enough. Sue will get destroyed in backrow and et is too light for 13.
I could swear I saw MCK score last week. Oh well, must be getting old I guess.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 10:42 pm

LJL? would have liked to have seen Rankin given a go, but it appears that may not be happening.

It's way too early to be thinking "just want this year to be over with"

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 11:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:35 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 8:27 pm
Keep in mind we got beat by 4 points by the team whose 3rd on the ladder. And people want wholesale changes :crazy
One player is not a wholesale change.
Think about this for a second. You're one of Rankin's biggest bashers on here. And now you are calling to bring him in. So while you are accusing others for accepting mediocrity, you are doing just that by wanting one of the worst first graders on the planet in your eyes brought in

*MIND BLOWN*
Rankin deserved to keep his spot after putting in wholeheartedly vs the Broncos. Instead he was punted for JLJ and JLJ played very poorly last weekend, his kicking was abysmal. Therefore Rankin should of been picked for this weekend. No worldbeater and isn't gonna dominate a game but is a better player with also more upside than JLJ. JLJ has been massively disappointing in his games in n 1st grade this year........last year he had some decent games for us.

Dingo

Post by Dingo » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 12:58 am

Earl wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Earl wrote:
Yeah ok so we should be a top 8 side with that many first graders then right? Clearly over half the team ain't up to standard. And the 6 mentioned are sub par grade footballers on their best days.

I'm not sure where to pick apart your reply first.

"Kevvie and Grant have played heaps of first grade"

You say Kevie and Grant have played heaps of first grade, appealing to games played to justify their grade credentials. Unfortunately you come unstuck on two fronts here. Firstly Kevie has played 8 games fewer (82) then Sue (90) the very person you originally highlighted as not being up to first grade standard completely blowing your "heaps of grade" appeal out of the water based on your own logic. Secondly Kevie played 23 games in total over 5 NRL seasons before joint the Tigers. Clearly other clubs didn't rate the guy as a first grader and purely a depth player. At what other club would he be a starting centre or winger? not even Newcastle wanted the guy. Grant was thrown a lifeline at the Tigers after being dumped by Penrith with 2 and a half years left on his contract only to be signed by Souths on a four year deal and gets dumped there after just his first year. Dumped by two clubs with substantial time left on his contracts only to walk right into the Mighty Wests Tigers side every week. Hardly a world beater and he hasn't done one thing in any game he has ever played for the tigers as a stand out moment. Can you think of any moment where you thought "thank god he is playing on our team tonight" the answer is no. He is just filling in a jumper until someone better comes along next year.

"Grant played SOO"

So did Michael Buettner, Ben Cross, Justin Poore, Jamie Buhrer, Wolfman Williams, Phil Bailey, James McManus all raging successes.

"Kevie needs to be around someone who can defence because his defence is poor"

I think we agree here, its almost like he isn't up to first grade standard. Defence

And you compare Lovett to being almost as good as Rowdy, if he is your yard stick for first graders then case closed.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 1:08 am

Cant remember the last time we even came close to beating the Roosters. They love playing us no matter who we pick.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 1:16 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:40 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:03 pm
TigerWoods wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 5:01 pm
I am sick of getting beaten and then the same side being picked again. Has nothing changed?
It's called "pick and stick". You don't get anywhere making wholesale changes after every loss. You think people would figure this out after Sheens, Potter, Taylor, Cleary all do the same thing, it wasn't just a Tim Sheens obsession.

I'm fine to criticise the coach when there are fan-rated better options available in reserves, but when there's little depth, what do we expect? Rankin in for JLJ? MWZ in for MCK? Backrower X in for Lovett? That would just be shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

People ask in the Signings & Rumours thread why would we potentially be in the market for all of Milne, Fonua, Thompson, Rona, Watson. The answer is so when you need to or are forced to make changes, you can pick someone who is of FG quality. That's also the strength of our roster adjustment next year, the money is spread out over a more even squad, not soaked up by 5 or 6 top players.
Pick and stick only makes sense when you are winning
Are you aware ISP got spanked last week 36-8 and also haven't one a game in a month Rankin was beyond terrible in this game..with their better performers in Lovett Felise and Marsters promoted to 1st Grade covering injury and suspension...as Jirskyr points out the cupboard is bare...You could understand if there was someone banging down the door but there is not...

It also gives Cleary the chance to see if any of these guys are worth keeping around for depth next year...
We already know they are not worth keeping. May as well blood some new players rather than see the usual suspects take another bath.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 6:09 am

willow wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 4:45 pm
"...Would have preferred Rankin for his footwork and general enthusiasm alone.
"Quality Stupidity"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 9:23 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 07 Jun, 2017 1:16 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:40 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:28 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 06 Jun, 2017 6:03 pm

It's called "pick and stick". You don't get anywhere making wholesale changes after every loss. You think people would figure this out after Sheens, Potter, Taylor, Cleary all do the same thing, it wasn't just a Tim Sheens obsession.

I'm fine to criticise the coach when there are fan-rated better options available in reserves, but when there's little depth, what do we expect? Rankin in for JLJ? MWZ in for MCK? Backrower X in for Lovett? That would just be shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

People ask in the Signings & Rumours thread why would we potentially be in the market for all of Milne, Fonua, Thompson, Rona, Watson. The answer is so when you need to or are forced to make changes, you can pick someone who is of FG quality. That's also the strength of our roster adjustment next year, the money is spread out over a more even squad, not soaked up by 5 or 6 top players.
Pick and stick only makes sense when you are winning
Are you aware ISP got spanked last week 36-8 and also haven't one a game in a month Rankin was beyond terrible in this game..with their better performers in Lovett Felise and Marsters promoted to 1st Grade covering injury and suspension...as Jirskyr points out the cupboard is bare...You could understand if there was someone banging down the door but there is not...

It also gives Cleary the chance to see if any of these guys are worth keeping around for depth next year...
We already know they are not worth keeping. May as well blood some new players rather than see the usual suspects take another bath.
Like Marsters and Felise...? Which others...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 07 Jun, 2017 1:46 pm

Could have, should have, would have