**Live game thread**

ricksen

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by ricksen » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:24 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:22 pm
ricksen wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:20 pm
JT got sacked as there was barely any improvement in anyone over the 2+ years he was here. The club was losing its best players and wasn't able to attract anyone in return.
The timing of it was terrible, but the board was terrified of next year being even worse than the last few. At least Ivan's introduction has given us some clout in the transfer market.

As for today, confident men against nervous boys. Our halves were abysmal, theirs were rep level.
Woods looked like he didn't want to be there, can't believe he's still our captain.
Well said. Ivan needs to appoint someone else as captain because Woods is already in the departure lounge.
It's so frustrating.
I thought he was great last week, and yet he clearly couldn't be bothered today. Didn't even play that badly (especially relative to the rest of our rabble), but he was nowhere near his usual output in terms of effort.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:56 pm
Lack of a controlling half back really cost us today... We were still in it somewhat at halftime.... Poor kicking and completions saw them run over us.
Effort and attitude is improving though the roster is just not up to NRL level
This is a great summation of the game, innsaneink and exactly why Cleary has gone about buying practically a whole new team for next season.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:34 pm

I've suffered through many a poor showing - I'm a tigers supporter after all! - but for some reason today just really got to me.
First time I can ever remember I just stopped watching and put a movie on about the hour mark.
Currently it is just really not enjoyable. With Woods and Tedesco...I wish they were gone.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:43 pm

At least Tigers fans can hold their heads up that they dont follow a club that cheats the salary cap ... call it tpas what a joke the nrl is

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:53 pm

Salary cap works!

That team has signed our best player for next year.

Huzzah for the salary cap!

razor7

Post by razor7 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:38 pm

Just too many reserve graders out there. Littlejohn, naquaima, chee jam , Lovett to name a few

timmings01

Post by timmings01 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:30 pm

They looked ok for half the game. Then it all fell apart. Half the time they just look lost. Among many other things, what they need is a leader. The one they have is clueless when it comes leading his team.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:37 pm

timmings01 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:30 pm
They looked ok for half the game. Then it all fell apart.
We looked very vulnerable before half time and were lucky to hold on - we were fatigued from only having 39% of possession and a 15 minute break wasn't going to refill the tanks. They were always a class above and it just played out in the second half. Most of our blokes are having a go but the reality is the other mob were simply a better team and it would have been incredibly optimistic to think we'd win.

It's going to be a painful year - I can't see a lot the coach can do to help for 2017.
Suffering supporter since 1967

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 11:29 pm

JLJ I don't think will be dropped next week. Teddy will be with nsw and I'm assuming Lolohea will go to fullback whilst JLJ and Brooks are the halves.
No more plodders!
:sign:

willow

Post by willow » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:28 am

hobbo wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:33 pm
Results can't get any worse than today's game .
If Cleary don't start dropping players he's no different to the last coach we had .

And I couldn't care less if people say we need to avoid the spoon ...players need to be dropped.
And who do you replace them with? We don't have the cattle to compete fullstop.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:20 am

willow wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:28 am
hobbo wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:33 pm
Results can't get any worse than today's game .
If Cleary don't start dropping players he's no different to the last coach we had .

And I couldn't care less if people say we need to avoid the spoon ...players need to be dropped.
And who do you replace them with? We don't have the cattle to compete fullstop.
That's the thing everyone is calling for mass changes but we have no one to step up. A few of the young guys are worth a shot but there's no point bringing them all up at once - that would be disastrous.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:31 am

We can't complain about the effort yesterday. The players put in for Cleary but unfortunately we don't have the talent. I got a lot of satisfaction from the performances of Lolohea, Suli, Marsters, Felise and Liddle. I believe Woods and Tedesco are tired of the WTs and the feeling is now probably mutual. Time for both to move on and for a new era to commence at WTs.

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:09 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:31 am
We can't complain about the effort yesterday. The players put in for Cleary but unfortunately we don't have the talent. I got a lot of satisfaction from the performances of Lolohea, Suli, Marsters, Felise and Liddle. I believe Woods and Tedesco are tired of the WTs and the feeling is now probably mutual. Time for both to move on and for a new era to commence at WTs.
Good post. Lolo in the first half was very solid - With a full off season to get fit etc I think he can go to another level next year. We clearly just lack cattle at the moment and whilst I'm sure Woods and Tedesco are trying, anyone who has resigned from a job and has to work out a notice period knows that mentally you aren't really there.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:32 am

wt00 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 11:29 pm
JLJ I don't think will be dropped next week. Teddy will be with nsw and I'm assuming Lolohea will go to fullback whilst JLJ and Brooks are the halves.
I don't think we want to be moving Lolohea around aspect ally as he is only settling into a new team. If I was Cleary I would move Nofoaluma to fullback and put MWZ on the wing.
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:59 am

turnstyle wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:34 pm
I've suffered through many a poor showing - I'm a tigers supporter after all! - but for some reason today just really got to me.
First time I can ever remember I just stopped watching and put a movie on about the hour mark.
Currently it is just really not enjoyable. With Woods and Tedesco...I wish they were gone.
Yeah I agree 100%
I just don't watch anymore.
I really think Cleary should just give this year away and experiment.
I know that he has very little talent in lower grades to work with .... but you never know a gem may emerge .
Marsters, Suli, Lolo, Liddell and Felise may struggle at present but at least they are picking up valuable experience.
I would still have a shot at TMM before 30/6 ..... he would add a lot at 5/8. Logo to wing or centre or to fullback with Teddy to centre.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:18 am

TigerWoods wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:13 pm
Joelcainenumber1fan wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:07 pm
Dingo wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 5:49 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 5:46 pm
Looks like old Pasty Face has had the last laugh
yep, this was his team. he created it. 2 years to create this rabble for his 3rd, unbelievable
didnt we almost make the finals last year with jt as coach and probley would of if if some games went our way
yeh he started the year of bad but he wasnt never given a chance to turn it around

cleary got lucky he fell into a team he could completely rebuild something jt was never able too do
Is that JTs mother on the computer again? JT wasn't given a chance to turn it around and Cleary got lucky? Jeez you don't have a freaking clue mate. Why don't you leave the adult conversations to the adults.
Are you serious? How about you put aside the vandetta for JT for just a second and read what he is saying. JT never had the cash to rub two sticks together. Cleary came in with the entire cap to play with from next year on. And given that Cleary is currently getting no more out of these players than Taylor did, it's being shown the real problem has been our roster and cap management. If we had no cap space from next year, would you be expecting miracles from Cleary? I mean, you've already started questioning him yourself. Anyone who can't see and acknowledge that are the ones who need to get a freaking clue.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:59 am

At some stage people will realise that blaming individuals is pointless - whichever individual that maybe JT, Farah, Benji, Woods, Brooks, Moses, Cleary, Rankin, line them all up - the problem is and has always been with the management of the club and their abject failure to manage the cap, recruit and retain. We have one of the biggest supporter bases in the NRL with the richest man in Australia as a supporter and yet we have been constantly let down through poor agenda based management decisions. The management has been/ is below standard and that filters down through our roster, our facilities, and our results on the field. Problems with the joint venture certainly have been a contributing factor however using it at as an excuse after 17 years just amplifies that we have been let down by those who were privileged to be given the opportunity to create a great club who havnt been able to deliver.
Has it or is it improving - they keep promising next year - we will see. At least the one obvious difference is there is money being spent.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:36 am

We are in a really bad situation now but I think a lot of it comes back to decisions when Taylor was here. I don't think they were management decisions. Prior to that to be fair to Taylor there were a lot of poor decisions that I assume were management decisions.

Paying Robbie overs was always dumb. Getting rid of him was an even worse decision. Letting go of a heap of players like Taupau, Siro, JAC and Austin to placate the big 4 was a terrible long term decision. To be fair to Taylor he went for the low percentage play in relation to retaining the big 4 and thought they would turn into our saviours and I suppose other commentators/coaches may have done the same thing.

I don't think that you can blame management. That is basically a nameless entity which makes it easy to make broad generalised statements which are basically meaningless.

Cap management has been our biggest problem but coaches make those decisions. The management support them or don't support them. The only time I remember management not supporting the coach was when Potter didn't want Robbie retained on a long term contract. That was clearly a dud management decision.