Tedesco, incapable of passing

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7519
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Tedesco, incapable of passing

Post by Demps » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:03 pm

So many opportunities wasted because Tedesco is too selfisn to pass.

Noticed lots of chances an offload would work.
This guy tries too hard and is selfish when hes not needed.


Sure he's a good player but of late hes been detrimental to the team.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:05 pm

He honestly has been basically ordinary this year for us. He is trying but he doesn't seem to have the ability to read the play right. He did the long pass to Kev for instance when the short pass to Suli looked like the right option.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:13 pm

He admitted to trying to do it all himself the other week, and he's still doing it.
Still, at least he cares, which is more that can be said for some of the others.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5924
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:14 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:03 pm
So many opportunities wasted because Tedesco is too selfisn to pass.

Noticed lots of chances an offload would work.
This guy tries too hard and is selfish when hes not needed.


Sure he's a good player but of late hes been detrimental to the team.
Yep there was so many people just lined up to score. Most of that rabble need a map to find the try line with any degree of regularity. If Teddy can't get through, god help the rest of them. They are mostly rubbish, and have been for a long time. A couple of examples is Kevvie and MCK . Useless in most games that they play in. And Sue must have had a family dinner this afternoon, as he went missing as usual.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6881
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:15 pm

There was a story last year where he said Laurie Daley wanted him to have more of a role in attack and do more himself. Or something along those lines anyway.
From what I've seen, this has been extremely poor advice.


Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:15 pm

ricksen wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:13 pm
He admitted to trying to do it all himself the other week, and he's still doing it.
Still, at least he cares, which is more that can be said for some of the others.
He cares but he is playing ordinary footy for us and is off to the Rorters next year.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:15 pm

As soon as Lolohea's involvement decreased, our attack became pedestrian. His lack of involvement coincided with Tedesco trying to do it all himself and not passing.

User avatar
Swordy
Member
Member
Posts: 1816
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Swordy » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:20 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:15 pm
As soon as Lolohea's involvement decreased, our attack became pedestrian. His lack of involvement coincided with Tedesco trying to do it all himself and not passing.
Maybe today, but he has been doing that long before Lolohea arrived. My 14you daughter even yelled at the TV today for the first time for Tedesco to pass the damn ball.

If he does pass, about 10% of the time, its usually to a winger already standing on the touchline because he has run them out of room.

Time for Teddy the decoy to start. Stop passing him the ball at all for a few weeks. It is so pedestrian and so predictable.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4250
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:21 pm

He needs players running off him. There are times when he goes across the field and holes are opening up yet no one is trying to hit them. He will do a lot better in a better side.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7519
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:22 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:14 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:03 pm
So many opportunities wasted because Tedesco is too selfisn to pass.

Noticed lots of chances an offload would work.
This guy tries too hard and is selfish when hes not needed.


Sure he's a good player but of late hes been detrimental to the team.
Yep there was so many people just lined up to score. Most of that rabble need a map to find the try line with any degree of regularity. If Teddy can't get through, god help the rest of them. They are mostly rubbish, and have been for a long time. A couple of examples is Kevvie and MCK . Useless in most games that they play in. And Sue must have had a family dinner this afternoon, as he went missing as usual.
Did u watch the game?
There was many occasions where if tedesco passed itd create something, maybe even a try.
But he selfishly held onto it or made a run when a pass was needed.

Youre a sook of late
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:25 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:21 pm
He needs players running off him. There are times when he goes across the field and holes are opening up yet no one is trying to hit them. He will do a lot better in a better side.
So would heaps of our players. He proved in SOO how good he can be but I'm starting to think he isn't worth the money he is getting paid.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27922
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:31 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:21 pm
He needs players running off him. There are times when he goes across the field and holes are opening up yet no one is trying to hit them. He will do a lot better in a better side.
He often does have runners early when he starts crabbing across, but he dummies dummies props and heads back the other way... He just ends up creating a dead end

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5924
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:32 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:25 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:21 pm
He needs players running off him. There are times when he goes across the field and holes are opening up yet no one is trying to hit them. He will do a lot better in a better side.
So would heaps of our players. He proved in SOO how good he can be but I'm starting to think he isn't worth the money he is getting paid.
Exactly. Passings fine when you have players that are prepared to run.
Look back at other games and you'll see that in the majority of our games . If he's not getting through, it's unusual for anyone else to be doing so,
You'll get to see the best of him when he's got a few players in front who can open up some holes occasionally. Something that's almost a crime here

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2687
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:36 pm

He never offloads the ball when running across the park and when he does offload its usually when he is going to ground and low percentage. When Teddy tried to take over that game Lolo hardly saw the ball again.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5924
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:36 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:15 pm
There was a story last year where he said Laurie Daley wanted him to have more of a role in attack and do more himself. Or something along those lines anyway.
From what I've seen, this has been extremely poor advice.
It worked when he's had some actual footy players around him, and will again in SOO

A fullback can't do it all when the opposition knows that he's the only danger to them , as is the situation here.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:42 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:36 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:15 pm
There was a story last year where he said Laurie Daley wanted him to have more of a role in attack and do more himself. Or something along those lines anyway.
From what I've seen, this has been extremely poor advice.
It worked when he's had some actual footy players around him, and will again in SOO

A fullback can't do it all when the opposition knows that he's the only danger to them , as is the situation here.
I don't think that this is accurate. He isn't playing well and hasn't played well most of this season. He killed it in SOO but that is a one off game.

No one is asking him to do it all. Just play good footy. He isn't playing good footy at the moment.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27922
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:50 pm

I dunno... With a pack dominating & going forward he had the room to shine at SunCorp for the blues... Easier to show what you can do with the defense on the back foot which he never gets with us

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4420
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:03 pm

With any decent team Teddy will be outstanding. He never stops trying that is the important thing, we are on a hiding to nothing every game so must get used to it. Most of our decent players we let go of, got rid of or they walked. After another few years we may rate 10th.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post Reply