Woods, overrated & slow

Dingo

Re: Woods, overrated & slow

Post by Dingo » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:44 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:16 pm
This guy is a slob.
Big for nothing powder puff.

Runs like hes trying to appear in slow motion.
Cant wait to see this guy go, replaced with forwards who run hard with a purpose.

Instead of this slow motion track wreck.
Falls like a tree falling down in slow motion and gets up slowly to play the ball then fixes his hair.

There is not one more over rated prop in the game at present
Welcome to current year, Ive been saying this for 4 years. The guy is a deadset muppet.....Woods too.

Ivan cleary

Post by Ivan cleary » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:51 pm

Cut the guy some slack he's was one of the best out there only forward that hit over 100m in attack today, Yet when he's out of the team we complain about how bad we're without him

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:52 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:40 pm
He's regressed dramatically over the last 3 or 4 years. We won't know ourselves with Mats and Packer next season.
He became the prototype that Bellamy has now based his new wrestling tactics on. Hold em up with a standing grapple and slow dance for a few metres until their defence is set and lay them on their backs for good measure if the ref has not already called held.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:15 pm

Hold hold hold, count to 5 and put em on the deck as the ref calls held

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:20 pm

1st time Woods annoyed me today...so see ya pal..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Cheffo

Post by Cheffo » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:21 pm

If you want a typical stick the ball under you arm prop and charge it up, then Woods isn't your man. Watch him next week. He seems to have no problem making metres before the line and then has foot work to poke his nose through and carry three or four defenders. Would I like to see more mongrel in him, yes. Would I like him to stay, for sure. He's still our best forward at the moment.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:25 pm

the next run after woods would be a nightmare to hitup

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:54 pm

We starting to see the light people about this dude ! It has been there to see for years?

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:56 pm

Causes issues when he takes it up on the 3rd and the 4th we try to make a play against a well set line and look like headless chickens

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:23 pm

Careful not to try to hard in case he missed Origin,i thought the Roosters were easy on Tedesco as well, could have smashed him a couple of times and didn't,for some reason the word was out to go easy.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:26 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:56 pm
Causes issues when he takes it up on the 3rd and the 4th we try to make a play against a well set line and look like headless chickens
Puts pressure on the fifth tackle kick too because he usually takes a run on the fourth. Always wondered why our kick pressure (which is next to nonexistent in the first place) never matches the opposition, and it finally clicked. We lose four or five extra seconds in Woods standing on the fourth, which puts a bunch of pressure on our halves - and JLJ needs all the help he can get.
He's not a bad player. He's got footwork, an offload and is generally capable in defence, he's just playing the wrong way I guess. Something coaching should really iron out, but when you're that tall and not exactly dynamic, I guess the opposition has plenty of time to get up and under you and hold you up.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:51 pm

He is our marquee forward. Today his assignment should have been to be first off the line, hitting the likes of Napa and Hargreaves - meeting fire with fire. Nothing!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:29 pm

It dawned on me today that he runs just as fast backwards as he does forwards :)

willow

Post by willow » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:41 am

Winnipeg wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:38 pm
Setting myself up for a fall here, but I disagree

He is a very good prop and deservedly wins rep honours.

Does he sometimes go for metres after contact at the expense of a quick play the ball? Sometimes, yes.

Is he worth a million bucks? No.

Will he perform well in another team that has more than one good forward? Yes.

I think him and Packer next year would have killed it.

But overall I'm not that upset that we lose him because I trust the new management is going to assign the right $ to the right positions
I agree. Again, none of our forwards - none of them get close to making as many metres as Woods and he attracted 3-4 defenders everytime he ran the ball. Ava was our next best with metres made, more than 50 behind Woods.

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:49 am

There's no doubt that Woods is the best we have as far as forwards go, but that typifies the problem. It' just that he's not a fast or smart or aggressive as most other props in the game, but he's still our best. He's shockingly overrated and has been for years. There is no upside to Woods in 2017. Yet, he remains our captain? Mystifies me.

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:05 am

Cheffo wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:21 pm
If you want a typical stick the ball under you arm prop and charge it up, then Woods isn't your man. Watch him next week. He seems to have no problem making metres before the line and then has foot work to poke his nose through and carry three or four defenders. Would I like to see more mongrel in him, yes. Would I like him to stay, for sure. He's still our best forward at the moment.
Agree with this. The late footwork is the reason why he rarely if ever gets smashed in a tackle. We'd all love to see him "play angry" but that's not his game. If we had other forwards who were a bit mentally unhinged (like Napa etc..) then Woods would be a lot more valuable.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 4:21 pm

Ill be watching with interest Packer's hit ups/play the ball speed vs Woods yesterday, from what ive seen in just under 20 mins there's a dramatic difference.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 4:42 pm

O well the dogs fans will work him out fast ...wants to play in a competitive team lol dogs couldn't score in a brothel