Liddle

momo&medo

Re: Liddle

Post by momo&medo » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 1:19 pm

For me ..... He looks to have the goods to develop into a good player.
All he needs is time and experience players and coach to guide him.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 2:02 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 1:19 pm
Exactly and he is not going to get that in reggies as some people suggest.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 2:05 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 2:02 pm
momo&medo wrote:
I agree with what you have written. It is meaningless to compare Liddle to other young hookers until we have a forward pack which goes forward.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 7:58 pm

TIGER wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:29 pm
Swordy wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:11 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:04 pm
TIGER wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:08 pm
There's more to defence than not missing a tackle, if guys are carrying you on their back for 5m or players are getting offloads away then you're not defending well It doesn't matter if you don't miss a tackle.
I'm not saying that this is happening with Liddle all the time just pointing out to not get caught up in stats.

I'm hearing "he'll be better next year" but I'm not hearing any reasons why and so far I'm not seeing any reasons to be so sure that he will be better next year.

To those of you saying that he'll be better, are you just hoping he will?
How confident are you and why, convince me because all i've heard so far is he'll get better when he gains some beef but beef is just beef it doesn't make you a better player.
Impossible to convince you, its clear youve got it in for Liddle for whatever reason, did he snub you at an autograph session or somethin?
This really sounds personal

He should improve by next year having another seasons experience under his belt, he is after all only 20 and still a kid, another off season where he can add to his still growing body...he'll have a better pack around working off clearys own staff hopefully with an improved defence which will make things easier for the entire team

your go
I agree with Ink. TiGER, appreciate youve started a thread and had a say, but mate, you asked for others to comment. You cant just shoot everyone down because they share a different view.
Please point out where I shot someone down.
I just pointed out that no one was actually giving any reasons other than 'he'll be better next year'.
A wise bloke said

"It's just my opinion and judgement you don't have to agree with it."

It was you, two posts above this one on page 3.. People just sharing their opinion, as you are. Apologies if my opinions dont meet your criteria.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 8:10 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 1:05 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 7:35 am
Patience please. If you were a young hooker, would you prefer to debut behind the Sharks' pack or the Tigers' pack? Similar situation to Suli and Cotric from the Raiders except Suli has been thrown into the centre position while Cotric remains on the wing.

Cleary is building a team with talented youngsters surrounded by hard headed players. Do you believe Reynolds will allow any of these youngsters to go? I think there will be a renewed emphasis on team spirit and team work rather than three individuals as we have had in the past.
What's Reynolds got to do with it??
just curious.
Reynolds will bring with him the passion for his new club which he has for the Bulldogs. I believe he will turn this team on its head to be an environment where players want to play and stay. He is a smart signing for our club.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:38 am

I hope you are right, il be waiting patiently for his first miracle he sounds like JC.
So you believe that he won't allow any of our young guys to leave?
I thought he was coming as a player , all be it one with a few head problems when put under pressure.
I was sort of thinking that the rest was what we pay Cleary for.

Reynolds is an ok playerand at times is a very good one. But if he's just gets his job done, on the field,and limits his major mistakes, then I for one will be happy.
As for anything else, he's a football player, not really here for recruitment and retention

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 5:52 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 8:10 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 1:05 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 7:35 am
Patience please. If you were a young hooker, would you prefer to debut behind the Sharks' pack or the Tigers' pack? Similar situation to Suli and Cotric from the Raiders except Suli has been thrown into the centre position while Cotric remains on the wing.

Cleary is building a team with talented youngsters surrounded by hard headed players. Do you believe Reynolds will allow any of these youngsters to go? I think there will be a renewed emphasis on team spirit and team work rather than three individuals as we have had in the past.
What's Reynolds got to do with it??
just curious.
Reynolds will bring with him the passion for his new club which he has for the Bulldogs. I believe he will turn this team on its head to be an environment where players want to play and stay. He is a smart signing for our club.
We need a player like Reynolds in the pack, a backrower...someone to show them their is only one acceptable attitude...a Ben Kennedy type Origin level player

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 8:00 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 1:17 pm
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:09 am
The problem for Liddle is the overall fitness of the team. Liddle's value is the ability to run through tired forward packs - problem is though, this occurs towards the end of each half which is when we seem to be awfully tired. Hence, he is surrounded by incredibly unfit forwards and is unable to produce his running game.

Both the Dragons match and the first half against the Roosters indicates that Cleary is getting some messages across with regard to defensive structures and ball control. The issue is fitness - once we get tired or under stress, all those structures fade away.
If we are so unfit( and we are , and have been for awhile) what was Taylor being paid for during the last off season, it looks like it certainly wasn't money well spent.
There's NO excuse for an NRL team being unfit, different thing if it's injuries, but not general fitness. There should have been a fecund for the last off season.

God I hope we don't constantly hear how we are training the house down again during next off season. It's been done to death.
Idris was a perfect example. Possibly still on our books . Must be the slowest back or forward in the game
Pretty sure Cleary said in an early post match presser that fitness was not an issue as the squad was as fit as others, rather it was application that was lacking.

There is certainly no lack of application from Liddle, along with pace, it is one of his better attributes.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 8:22 am

Sorry, for some reason I think that the auto correct must have been on the grog (or maybe it was me ) on my above post. The end line in the first paragraph should have been"There should have been a refund from Taylor for the last off season"

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 8:55 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 2:05 pm
Russell wrote:
Tue 13 Jun, 2017 2:02 pm
momo&medo wrote:
I agree with what you have written. It is meaningless to compare Liddle to other young hookers until we have a forward pack which goes forward.
It's funny, but that' line about not giving him some more time in the Reggies , is the exact same argument that was used whenever it was pointed out that Brooks and Moses weren't ready for first grade and should spend more time there.
I think that it has been shown that they should have never , not only been given the responsibilitythat they were given, , but shouldn't have even been in first grade so early , except maybe in a few selected games.
Much as I don't like Moses,I think that he was handled badly by the club at that time, and to a lesser extent so was Brooks, both needed more time in the lower grade on their defence. I hope that Liddle is handled better.
Most players that come into first grade , at some time in their early careers have spent some time back in reserves to work on rectifying problems in their game. , and it can only help their development. Hunt amd Milford are also a perfect examples ( there's plenty of them) both have been taken back for stints in the lower grades at times to work on parts of their game