Liddle

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Liddle

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:16 pm

ancient magpie wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:40 pm
regarding liddle last year i saw him play 80 min in pouring rain against abig pack the mounties from memory and tackled everything in sight .his problem is ivan only gives him half agame at best so he tries to hard to impress and by the time he gets on the main props are off and our pack is usually getting smashed .we would be better served by giving him afull game playing mck in the backrow as hes big enough and a good defender and getting rid of lovett one of the worst first graders ive ever seen whats your opinion tiger sorry about the joined words to many beers
He's not really making an impact off the bench as it is other than his few darts from quick play the balls but I could do that, so I just can't see him playing 80 and being effective.
I don't care if he played in 3 feet of snow it was against Mounties, maybe that's the level he's at because I just can't see it happening for him in the week to week grind of the NRL in the future.

05TIGZ
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:15 am

Is he currently first grade material? No. However we see him as our future number 9. This year is a write off. So im happy to blood him now in nrl so next year with an extra 5kgs of muscle he will be first grade material. Time will tell, but once he bulks up i have a good feelijng about him becoming really good.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:48 am

By the start of next season, Liddle should be starting games and MM playing off the bench. While a strong defensive hooker, MM does not offer a lot in attack. Liddle is learning in one of the most difficult positions on the field and is progressing well.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:28 am

Not too sure if he will get much out of ISP, but it wouldnt hurt to give him a few runs down there to find his groove and increase his work rate.

Its a big challenge finding the right balance with our pack. I'm starting to wonder if we cant continue having Taylor at #13 as we are lacking impact in attack, but at the same time he is a best defender in the middle and both our 9's cant deliver ET defense.

I'd like to hold off judging Liddle until he gets behind a forward pack which can go forward, but have no problems giving him a run in ISP either.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:48 am

Any young kid would struggle in our pack/team at present. I have no doubt he will be good and with our season gone there is no point in dropping him to reserve grade, just keep giving him a good stint each week in the top grade. All no 9s need to play behind packs that are rumbling forward

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:06 am

He will improve with experience gained from this year.
He is only 20 and plays with of heart and effort.
You are not going to tell me that by draping him we improve our lot this year.
As I said in another thread this year should be an experiment and young players should be given some experience playing minutes in top grade.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:03 am

turnstyle wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:23 pm
I agree. Last season I was really impressed with him but I have to say currently he is not a good option taking up a bench spot.
I had high hopes for him this season and granted he isn't getting 80 minutes a game, but I'm not seeing much progress from him. Development player or not - if you're playing top grade you should be top grade, or very near.
He should be in ISP learning the ropes and proving he deserves an nrl spot.
I agree about taking up a bench spot, and I haven't seen any special qualities from him as yet, as I said before about the halves, he needs more time in the reserves to get bigger and better, he might well be what we need in the future, but at the moment the spot could be better used.
Cherrington was talked up here probably more than Liddle has been. We should've learnt from that.
While both may eventually be first graders. They were both Brought into first grade too early
Especially in a team like ours.
Maybe it's a different thing if MCkildrick was struggling, but he can handle 80 mins ok.
We've got enough below first grade players in the main team already, ( Rankin, LTJ, MCK, )
I'd rather leave him in the lower grade, for this year, then start giving him some runs next season . Mcildrick can better handle the constant bashing that we are liable to cop for the rest of the year.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 398 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:23 am

Only player in our side yesterday who didn't miss a tackle....

Given that he was on at the time the Rorters were punching holes everywhere it's another tick from me,.,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Roar Power
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Roar Power » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:23 am
Only player in our side yesterday who didn't miss a tackle....

Given that he was on at the time the Rorters were punching holes everywhere it's another tick from me,.,
x2

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:05 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:03 am
turnstyle wrote:
I agree. Last season I was really impressed with him but I have to say currently he is not a good option taking up a bench spot.
I had high hopes for him this season and granted he isn't getting 80 minutes a game, but I'm not seeing much progress from him. Development player or not - if you're playing top grade you should be top grade, or very near.
I agree about taking up a bench spot, and I haven't seen any special qualities from him as yet, as I said before about the halves, he needs more time in the reserves to get bigger and better, he might well be what we need in the future, but at the moment the spot could be better used.
Cherrington was talked up here probably more than Liddle has been. We should've learnt from that.
While both may eventually be first graders. They were both Brought into first grade too early
Maybe it's a different thing if MCkildrick was struggling, but he can handle 80 mins ok.
We've got enough below first grade players in the main team already, ( Rankin, LTJ, MCK, )
I'd rather leave him in the lower grade, for this year, then start giving him some runs next season . Mcildrick can better handle the constant bashing that we are liable to cop for the rest of the year.
What's a LTJ? Lol

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:08 pm

There's more to defence than not missing a tackle, if guys are carrying you on their back for 5m or players are getting offloads away then you're not defending well It doesn't matter if you don't miss a tackle.
I'm not saying that this is happening with Liddle all the time just pointing out to not get caught up in stats.

I'm hearing "he'll be better next year" but I'm not hearing any reasons why and so far I'm not seeing any reasons to be so sure that he will be better next year.

To those of you saying that he'll be better, are you just hoping he will?
How confident are you and why, convince me because all i've heard so far is he'll get better when he gains some beef but beef is just beef it doesn't make you a better player.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:12 pm

TIGER wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:08 pm
There's more to defence than not missing a tackle, if guys are carrying you on their back for 5m or players are getting offloads away then you're not defending well It doesn't matter if you don't miss a tackle.
I'm not saying that this is happening with Liddle all the time just pointing out to not get caught up in stats.

I'm hearing "he'll be better next year" but I'm not hearing any reasons why and so far I'm not seeing any reasons to be so sure that he will be better next year.

To those of you saying that he'll be better, are you just hoping he will?
How confident are you and why, convince me because all i've heard so far is he'll get better when he gains some beef but beef is just beef it doesn't make you a better player.
He's a novice playing in a well beaten pack (every week). Attempting to learn and improve in one of the more difficult positions on the field cannot be easy. He is a level headed type unlike Moses and even though he doesn't make the spectacular hits MM does, offers more in attack even at this stage of his career.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:13 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:05 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
turnstyle wrote:
What's a LTJ? Lol
I think it's a biscuit :lol: I meant little John

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:19 pm

I think he was far from alone in having a bad game yesterday. Some of the defence was absolutely terrible. JLJ was bad again, ET looked tired & we need an alternate strip that is predominately blue. Might get Woods & Teddy to play with some vigour.

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:32 pm

Let's talk about our play makers when we have a pack that can compete. Cameron smith would look like a numpty behind our pack of powder puffs led by Lyle lovett

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:37 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:13 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:05 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
turnstyle wrote:
What's a LTJ? Lol
I think it's a biscuit :lol: I meant little John
I've seen heaps if people stuffing up the initials lately lol you're not the only one....

My friend played in junior rep teams with Jack littlejohn and said he was an absolute gun coming through.... Shame he seems to be a dud these days.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 2:14 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:31 pm
No problems with Liddle at all...
Agree. People need to step back and take a look at the WT situation out on the field. Take a good hard look at our forward pack. People keep giving it to Woods each week but he's our only forward who regularly makes more than 100 metres in attack. He was the only player to do so yesterday and people are saying he's rubbish. So what does that mean for the rest of our forward pack? And what does that mean for a youngster like Liddle who is playing behind a pack which is consistently beaten each week? He's hardly going to shine when our players are regularly dominated in the PTB.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 2:23 pm

Little is going to be NSW future 9.

Next year he will have a forward pack that will go FORWARD.
He will also have players around him that can tackle so that will help him out.

I think every hooker in the NRL would struggle in our team. Liddle is also coming on when the team is getting bashed up so it is hard for a 90kg player to make a difference.
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Return to “Round 14: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”