Cleary...

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Re: Cleary...

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:46 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:42 pm
Was that when we dropped it on the first 10 out?
Was that JLJ?
yep off the quick tap


Tigrr
Member
Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:14 pm

Post by Tigrr » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:07 pm

Cleary hasnt got the players that can dominate a gameplan,simple

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:08 pm

the best gameplan wont help a reserve grade team beat a top 4 team

User avatar
helmesy
Member
Member
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Sydney

Post by helmesy » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:11 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:08 pm
the best gameplan wont help a reserve grade team beat a top 4 team
End of discussion, 100% correct.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:13 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:08 pm
the best gameplan wont help a reserve grade team beat a top 4 team
of course not, but a DIFFERENT game plan from what we have been doing the past 18mths will show us Cleary has some sort of a plan/idea?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29364
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:13 pm

helmesy wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:11 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:08 pm
the best gameplan wont help a reserve grade team beat a top 4 team
End of discussion, 100% correct.
Is this the one who beat North Queensland in North Queensland...Oh yeah JT didn't play the last 3mins...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1842
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:18 pm

It's a bit much to expect much structural change mid-season, given there's only a few field training sessions per week between games and recovery sessions.
Throw in the two key playmakers being absent (one half acting up, the other being injured), and a suite of players looking towards 2018 elsewhere, and you get the mish-mash of incompetence we're witnessing.
There's no real leadership amongst the playing group and a distinct lack of confidence.

I'm not making excuses for IC - it is what it is, as our captain would say.

We've seen little changes here and there; attacking the ruck area more in the first few weeks, sliding defence more than the up and in etc. Sweeping changes on both sides of the ball will have to wait.
Last edited by ricksen on Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Basil Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Northern NSW(ex-Sydney).

Post by Basil Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:19 pm

I thought we numbered up well in defence against Saints,esp. our RHS,and could have won the game,but everything back to normal today,lucky the Roosters were rusty in the first half or it would have been 60.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29290
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:22 pm

ricksen wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:18 pm
It's a bit much to expect much structural change mid-season, given there's only a few field training sessions per week between games and recovery sessions.
Throw in the two key playmakers being absent (one half acting up, the other being injured), and a suite of players looking towards 2018 elsewhere, and you get the mish-mash of incompetence we're witnessing.
There's no real leadership amongst the playing group and a distinct lack of confidence.

I'm not making excuses for IC - it is what it is, as our captain would say.

We've seen little changes here and there; attacking the ruck area more in the first few weeks, sliding defence more than the up and in etc. Sweeping changes on both sides of the ball will have to wait.
I believe he touched on this during the Q&A sessions with Pascoe... The answer is in those videos I think

tigermac88
Member
Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:13 pm
helmesy wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:11 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:08 pm
the best gameplan wont help a reserve grade team beat a top 4 team
End of discussion, 100% correct.
Is this the one who beat North Queensland in North Queensland...Oh yeah JT didn't play the last 3mins...?
To be fair we beat the cowboys with guts and determination and good scramble defence

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1889
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:05 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:59 pm
Snake wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:49 pm
Interesting thread ..I have been very disappointed with the slide the team seems to be on under Cleary ,will say up front I have never been a great fan of Cleary as a coach .
IMO the team should be playing better structured footy than they are ,it seems to me that the season is shot and all the energy around the place and emphasis is being put into next season .i hope with the new team the coach will have next season it will be all good ,but ATM i am a bit concerned if Cleary was the right appointment!
Give him time Snake at the moment he is trying to work with the rubbish JT assembled over 3 years.We have no depth in the club at all.Hopefully most of these imposters he has inherited will be shown the door by the end of the year.
I really cant see a slide under Cleary ,we are hanging tougher than we used to.For 50 mins today we where in the game.This year is a complete write off and to be honest this is pretty much what i expected i cant blame Cleary for this just rhe people who assembled a "park" football team
Totally agree.
What we are experiencing now is the result of years of poor cap management and, as a consequence, unbelievably bad player recruitment and retention
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Sco77y
Member
Member
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri 12 Jul, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Sco77y » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:05 pm

Champs05 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:47 pm
When Kev just looked at Furgo catch & score.
Yep, minutes after our positive start scoring an early try. It shouldn't have happened. And it was ultimately the result of them putting pressure on themselves.. Giving away a dumb penalty and walking them up to our 40 metre line, they shouldn't have even been in range for that try if we defended reasonably and of course didn't give away a penalty..

This stuff kills us, that and errors which were again plentiful today. They're not good enough to let that stuff happen and make up for it..

They really need to start getting the basics right before they can even think about being competitive, and a game plan and to a lesser extent coaching won't be of any benefit if they can't do that. Very poor.. The same stuff continues to happen most weeks.

timmings01
Member
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by timmings01 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:07 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:48 pm
Ok everyone knows he gets a free pass for this Year given the circumstances he has taken over but I sort of expected more from the current team under him and by 3 months some changes in the way we play the past month of football has been a major disappointment..

There was no plan today apart from give it to Teddy and wingers and centres hitting it up ....no trying to work to a position ... just kick it on the 5th...anywhere...maybe it might get better with Brooks...and absolutely no improvement in Defense..in fact our Middle has gotten worse...

As I said I expected more but I'm sure with new players everything will be alright...right..
Yeah I was thinking the same today. They keep going to Tedesco and every team they play knows it. Maybe try something different cause that ain't working anymore. :roll: They were lucky the Roosters were off today because it could have been much worse.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm

We might need to write a game plan on rugby league fundamentals to start with for some of the players. I would hate to write a game plan to somehow win with countless stupid errors and missed tackles.

timmings01
Member
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by timmings01 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm

As for Cleary? Hope for the best expect the worst. Us Tigers supporters already do that anyway lol

Tigers17
Member
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat 04 Feb, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Tigers17 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm

I've been waiting for some genius to post a ridiculous thread like this.
I sure Ivan Cleary has far better things to do than log onto this nonsense.
Falling over yourselves with compliments, what just eight weeks back or so.
Honestly how many of the 17 that played for the Tigers today would get a run with any other roster in the comp.
Look at the 20s and NSW Cup sides this year, their results are appalling.
Cleary didn't cause this, he inherited this.
Bye the way the Tigers played one of the 2017 Grand Finalists today. See how far wrong I am in October.

timmings01
Member
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by timmings01 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:17 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:23 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:13 pm
helmesy wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:11 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:08 pm
the best gameplan wont help a reserve grade team beat a top 4 team
End of discussion, 100% correct.
Is this the one who beat North Queensland in North Queensland...Oh yeah JT didn't play the last 3mins...?
To be fair we beat the cowboys with guts and determination and good scramble defence
So where did that go?

timmings01
Member
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by timmings01 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm
I've been waiting for some genius to post a ridiculous thread like this.
I sure Ivan Cleary has far better things to do than log onto this nonsense.
Falling over yourselves with compliments, what just eight weeks back or so.
Honestly how many of the 17 that played for the Tigers today would get a run with any other roster in the comp.
Look at the 20s and NSW Cup sides this year, their results are appalling.
Cleary didn't cause this, he inherited this.
Bye the way the Tigers played one of the 2017 Grand Finalists today. See how far wrong I am in October.
Ridiculous thread? Yet here you are posting on it. lol

Post Reply