Cleary...

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Cleary...

Post by Defiant » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm

A chill pill is required around now.

Both our starting halves out and half the team thinking about other things, its a bit early to hang Cleary yet!

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:26 pm

I think I expected a bit more of a resurgence than what there's been, I was definitely not a fan of JT but maybe just maybe he wasn't the issue the bunch of reserve graders and a few so called superstars are and were the problem.
I think I'll judge Cleary on what he does next season if there isn't a remarkable improvement I'll be extremely surprised a lot of these player will either not be here or in ISP I expect a huge shift in culture and professionalism.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:27 pm

timmings01 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm
I've been waiting for some genius to post a ridiculous thread like this.
I sure Ivan Cleary has far better things to do than log onto this nonsense.
Falling over yourselves with compliments, what just eight weeks back or so.
Honestly how many of the 17 that played for the Tigers today would get a run wbith any other roster in the comp.
Look at the 20s and NSW Cup sides this year, their results are appalling.
Cleary didn't cause this, he inherited this.
Bye the way the Tigers played one of the 2017 Grand Finalists today. See how far wrong I am in October.
Ridiculous thread? Yet here you are posting on it. lol
Of course this is a ridiculous thread ..Jason Taylor got heaps more out of these dunderheads ,so of course it is ridiculous that Cleary can not ..just saying do not have to be a genius!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:35 pm

good thread for the drama queens to release some steam it appears

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:37 pm

our season is done, i couldnt care less right now

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 11:22 pm

We have a mediocre squad to begin with. Then we lose our chief playmaker brooks. We have a new playmaker in Lolohea and his partner is probably the worst halfback in the gsme at the moment in JLJ. The majority of our squad probably wont even be here next year and as such are playing with no motivation.

The JT fan club didnt want to judge him until his 3rd year. Yet their calling out Cleary after a handful of games. If JT was still here we would have lost the "big 3" and probably signed nobody. So let it go guys....

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:02 am

Yeah I don't exactly get this thread.

JT's games: 16 pt win (Rabbits), 34 pt loss (Panthers), 40 pt loss (Raiders)
Webster: 8 pt loss (Storm), 22 pt loss (Dragons)
Cleary: 6 pt win (Cows), 4 pt loss (Eels), 6 pt win (Dogs), 6 pt loss (Sharks), 20 pt loss (Rabbits), 36 pt loss (Broncos), 4 pt loss (Dragons), 22 pt loss (Roosters).

Tactics aside for a minute, in terms of results it's evident the team had a fairly strong turn-around after Cleary joined: 4 x 6-point or less margin games including two wins.

The last 4 weeks have been fairly bad, three big losses, but in context only one of them (Broncos) is worse than losses under the previous coaches.

So for as disappointing as today was, it was a loss comparable with the early rounds. And then giving some context, in the last 4 weeks Cleary has had the first-choice halves available only once, and that was the week Moses tanked and we let him walk. Last 3 weeks it's been all reserve-grade halves playing.

So try as you might, when you have reserve graders running the side around the park, everything else is put under extra pressure - you don't make the most of your possession, you don't get repeat sets, you don't ask many questions of the opposition, you give them the ball back fairly meekly.

Ask the Cowboys what happens when you lose first-choice halves, despite how good the rest of their side is.

Personally I see more fight in the Tigers since Cleary joined, right up until 80 mins, but right now we are low on troops and he's got a number of borderline first-graders out there. MCK in the centre: Clearly barely has a choice, though he moved Marsters there in the 2nd half and I think it was an improvement. JLJ offers little in attack or set development, but he's the main handler and kicker. Tedesco is trying too hard, the players miss too many tackles still.

I am just not sure what tactically people expected? The defence has definitely changed, the up-and-in has more or less gone. Suli got moved to centres straight away in a switch with Naiqama.

But no Lawrence, Aloiai, Idris, Brooks... Moses leaving... we were already a thin side, we can't afford to carry many injuries with our lack of depth. I feel we'd perform better if we had a stable first-choice halves pairing and not having to play backrowers in the centres - that would be an automatic improvement.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:32 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:01 pm
It's an average roster. Cleary isn't getting anymore out of them than Taylor did, nor are his team selections any better.
Correct. Our squad is being shown up for what it is - rubbish. There's a couple of players who hold their own. Most don't. The clean out can't happen quick enough.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:34 am

To me Ivan is counting down the games until the season is over and all these players he has recruited come to the club. Waiting until March to make a decision should have made last September has killed this season completely.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:54 am

willow wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:32 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:01 pm
It's an average roster. Cleary isn't getting anymore out of them than Taylor did, nor are his team selections any better.
Correct. Our squad is being shown up for what it is - rubbish. There's a couple of players who hold their own. Most don't. The clean out can't happen quick enough.
I second that
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:41 am

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm
We might need to write a game plan on rugby league fundamentals to start with for some of the players. I would hate to write a game plan to somehow win with countless stupid errors and missed tackles.
Aint that the truth. You expect first graders to have mastered the basic skills of the game before taking the field.

I guess next weeks plan will be.

If he has the ball and a different coloured jumper to you - tackle him

If some one with the same colour jumper as you throws you the ball - catch it. It is kinda of important.

If you are not sure what you are supposed to be doing - ask someone.

The number on your back is important. It tells you where you should stand. If you cant remember your number ask someone to tell you.

If they have a bigger number on that big board - thats bad

If you have a bigger number on the board than them - thats good.

Now get out there and give'me hell :)

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:04 am

Defiant wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm
A chill pill is required around now.

Both our starting halves out and half the team thinking about other things, its a bit early to hang Cleary yet!
x2
"Quality Stupidity"

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:19 am

I can't believe this is even a thread! And I'm only posting to register my anger at such stupidity.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:41 am

lol... you blokes are hilarious. Excuses excuses excuses and very few of you can see NOTHING is changing from a tactical perspective.

I'm hoping Cleary & Pascoe run out against the Sharks this week... They have sold enough dummys to the fans, I'm hoping the Sharks will fall for it too.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:05 am

Our 6/7 consistency since Ivan joined doesn't help

moses/JLJ
moses/JLJ
moses/JLJ
moses/brooks
moses/brooks
JLJ/Rankin
bye
lolo/JLJ
lolo/JLJ

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:12 am

People are crazy we don't have the cattle. We didn't have the cattle at the start of 2017 and yesterdays squad was missing 7 players who were going to be in our top 17 at the 1st training session for the season.

Idris
Simona
Moses
Brooks
Lawrence
Aloia
Ballin

Even with those players we were going to struggle to make the 8 this year without them or decent replacements we would struggle to win a game the fact Cleary has us getting close to Dragons last week and in the game for 50 minutes against the Roosters is a miracle. Look who we replaced those 7 with and where they were

Suli - 18 yr old Holden Cup player
Chee-Kam - Reserve Grade back rower
Lolohea- Warriors Reserve Grade winger
LittleJohn- HB for the NSW cup team coming last
McIlwrick - 5 yrs as a NSW cup player before this yr
JJ Felise - NSW CUp prop in the team coming last
Masters - 20 yro old rookie playing reserve grade

If anyone thinks we should even be competitive without some amazing committment from the players and some great coaching is kidding themselves.

The effort from the lads has been great the last 2 weeks but we don't have the cattle.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:15 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:12 am
People are crazy we don't have the cattle. We didn't have the cattle at the start of 2017 and yesterdays squad was missing 7 players who were going to be in our top 17 at the 1st training session for the season.

Idris
Simona
Moses
Brooks
Lawrence
Aloia
Ballin

Even with those players we were going to struggle to make the 8 this year without them or decent replacements we would struggle to win a game the fact Cleary has us getting close to Dragons last week and in the game for 50 minutes against the Roosters is a miracle. Look who we replaced those 7 with and where they were

If anyone thinks we should even be competitive without some amazing committment from the players and some great coaching is kidding themselves.

The effort from the lads has been great the last 2 weeks but we don't have the cattle.
Correct with what Cleary has available he is doing a good job

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:24 am

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:15 am
Boonboon2 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:12 am

Idris
Simona
Moses
Brooks
Lawrence
Aloia
Ballin

Correct with what Cleary has available he is doing a good job
Well said. Judge IC 6 to 8 weeks into 2018. Not much to work with this year. The squad not good enough or even smart enough to handle a change in tactics. Just accept that what we've seen so far is all you will get for the rest of the year. Hopefully with enough wins to avoid the spoon but not confident