Cleary...

Liddy

Re: Cleary...

Post by Liddy » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:14 am

Even the great Bart Cummings wouldn't be able to win the Melbourne Cup with a Clydesdale......enough said.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:24 am

Anyway..it's not about the roster...It's they way they are playing ..some have understood the intention...so never mind...

Taylor was bashed from pillar to post for blaming previous coaches the way Wests Tigers played ..excuses etc..yet got basically the same dundaheads (thanks Snake)...1pt from the 8...

As I said in the OP Cleary gets a free pass for this year.....as clearly it has been written off with promises of a bright and successful future...IMO as fans we should be demanding more from our nothing year...I'll still keep turning up...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:25 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:12 am
People are crazy we don't have the cattle. We didn't have the cattle at the start of 2017 and yesterdays squad was missing 7 players who were going to be in our top 17 at the 1st training session for the season.

Idris
Simona
Moses
Brooks
Lawrence
Aloia
Ballin

Even with those players we were going to struggle to make the 8 this year without them or decent replacements we would struggle to win a game the fact Cleary has us getting close to Dragons last week and in the game for 50 minutes against the Roosters is a miracle. Look who we replaced those 7 with and where they were

Suli - 18 yr old Holden Cup player
Chee-Kam - Reserve Grade back rower
Lolohea- Warriors Reserve Grade winger
LittleJohn- HB for the NSW cup team coming last
McIlwrick - 5 yrs as a NSW cup player before this yr
JJ Felise - NSW CUp prop in the team coming last
Masters - 20 yro old rookie playing reserve grade

If anyone thinks we should even be competitive without some amazing committment from the players and some great coaching is kidding themselves.

The effort from the lads has been great the last 2 weeks but we don't have the cattle.
Sorry Boonboon, but I'm the first to admit we dont have the cattle. Its been obvious for 3-4 years. We are not questioning results on the scoreboard or effort by the kids, we are questioning there has been little to no change in our game plan or tactics from Cleary.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:44 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:27 pm
timmings01 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm
I've been waiting for some genius to post a ridiculous thread like this.
I sure Ivan Cleary has far better things to do than log onto this nonsense.
Falling over yourselves with compliments, what just eight weeks back or so.
Honestly how many of the 17 that played for the Tigers today would get a run wbith any other roster in the comp.
Look at the 20s and NSW Cup sides this year, their results are appalling.
Cleary didn't cause this, he inherited this.
Bye the way the Tigers played one of the 2017 Grand Finalists today. See how far wrong I am in October.
Ridiculous thread? Yet here you are posting on it. lol
Of course this is a ridiculous thread ..Jason Taylor got heaps more out of these dunderheads ,so of course it is ridiculous that Cleary can not ..just saying do not have to be a genius!
This year is 0-3
Next year is 3-6
The following year is either success OR what this topic is is "Too Bloody Early" to really talk about ...... seriously for people to watch this years efforts by this bunch of dispirited and underperformed players and then make judgements on the New Coach ???? :crazy

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:45 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:12 am
Idris
Simona
Moses
Brooks
Lawrence
Aloia
Ballin
I don't think our squad was bad at the start of this year but we've copped it because of the signing dramas and Simona being a loose moron.

If the big 4 were performing and those players were all available then we could have gone well. It didn't turn out that way and next year can't happen soon enough.

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:12 am

The poor bloke is doing every bit he can with a team of Nsw Cup players and players that don't want to be here and show very little ticker... give him a break. He is recruiting the team he wants. Give him time

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:39 am

Its hard to believe after 4-5 years of building this side that this is the best we have.....

OK we have ditched players like Austin and Taupau.....and getting rid of that speed hump Moses is no biggy either but apart from Brooks not playing yesterday we were pretty much at full strength....how is this possible. I looked at some of the mistakes made on field yesterday and thought "we must have some of the most stupid players in this comp" In fact if their mothers did not drive them to training and game day - they'd probably forget to turn up.

So when people ask the question "have we signed the right players for next year"?.....the answer is 100% YES because the current lot have delivered nothing for years now ( exception being Teddy though ) I almost felt sorry for him the last couple of weeks, he will really shine at the Roosters next year where he has some support.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:43 am

I cannot for the life of me understand why people would even consider starting or commenting on a thread like this..Ivan has been here for five minutes and has started one of the biggest clean outs this club has seen in years,he has a sub par roster he inherited and is trying to field an NRL standard team with fringe first grade players and reggie players..and some are critisicing his coaching and gameplans...if the players cannot adapt to his style of coaching and learn the basics of rugby league,then you wonder why he is recruiting the way he has..THE TEAM HAS NOT BEEN GOOD ENOUGH FOR 4 YEARS and THAT INCLUDES THE OVERHYPED POTENTIAL WE INVESTED IN....

Ivan deserves the respect that comes with being our coach at least until he can start with the new players he has recruited,judge him after next season,but at least give him a chance to do his work...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:54 am

There are a hell of a lot of fair-weather supporters on this forum. Some that expect instant change, others still living in the past, harping on about how we don't have a grand final side having rebuilt for the past several years.
Poor administration, poor contract and player handling, poor budgeting with the salary cap, paying overs. We now have a guy who has come in and making the necessary changes. This is not his side. This is not his coaching staff. He didn't come into a culture he wants to continue.
This all means change and its not going to happen over night. You have players out there knowing they won't be in the mix next year - that must have some effect. There is a new crew coming in - experienced, hard-nosed, an upgrade on many of the current positions in the squad.
The future is bright in my opinion, especially if the Concord Centre of Excellence gets confirmed for funding. This year is a write off as far as finals are concerned so don't have unrealistic expectations. The best thing to come out of the remainder of the season is blooding guys like Marsters and Felise and getting others like Suli and Lolo better acquainted with Ivan's playing style. Come 2018, there will be significant improvement in our play and on the ladder.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:59 am

Roar Power wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:54 am
There are a hell of a lot of fair-weather supporters on this forum. Some that expect instant change, others still living in the past, harping on about how we don't have a grand final side having rebuilt for the past several years.
Poor administration, poor contract and player handling, poor budgeting with the salary cap, paying overs. We now have a guy who has come in and making the necessary changes. This is not his side. This is not his coaching staff. He didn't come into a culture he wants to continue.
This all means change and its not going to happen over night. You have players out there knowing they won't be in the mix next year - that must have some effect. There is a new crew coming in - experienced, hard-nosed, an upgrade on many of the current positions in the squad.
The future is bright in my opinion, especially if the Concord Centre of Excellence gets confirmed for funding. This year is a write off as far as finals are concerned so don't have unrealistic expectations. The best thing to come out of the remainder of the season is blooding guys like Marsters and Felise and getting others like Suli and Lolo better acquainted with Ivan's playing style. Come 2018, there will be significant improvement in our play and on the ladder.
Spot on. Couldn't have said it better.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:03 am

coivtny wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:59 am
Roar Power wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:54 am
Spot on. Couldn't have said it better.
Yep, keep your heads up I know losing to the Rorters hurts but we are up against it this season with the attitudes and stock.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:24 am

Conspiracy theory time! A new boss comes in half way through the year... He's not really interested in improving sales for the secod half of the year, because he can always say "sales were bad this year due to the legacy of the old boss". It also gives the new boss a lower base to calculate next year's growth. Is cleary sand bagging in 2017 so his 2018 results look better? Discuss...
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:36 am

NZTiger wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:56 pm
Same assistants, trainers etc doesn't help also.

I do agree though, I expected to see a change by now but tbh, I see the same "meh I give up attitude" after we've had about a 20 min dig & then the opposition get on top.
Game plan was poo today but far out, was JLJ even listening? Those 5th tackle options today were diabolical.

Please Tigers don't re-sign him.
Agreed, we got tries of lucky bounces and our defense was better but still ordinary. We had strike power but we were not targeting or even looking like we were approaching the line with a plan. With Brooks and Reynolds in the halves and L. as backup I see no reason to keep JLJ.

Mind you I was glad too see us not getting out muscled totally. We were loosing the strength war but we did not collapse in the forwards (and they would have hurt after the game). Loved seeing L. play, yes he knocked on once but he was awesome in flight. JWH, damn you Newcastle he would have been an awesome buy.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:46 am

mtd wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:03 pm
Haha without Cleary that team today loses by 50 (not 22). Not bad against a team likely to be in the last 2 weeks of the finals this year.

Our attitude is pretty good (from what I saw).
Agreed. I think we were hurting, but more composed then during our earlier games.
Does anyone else remember us loosing by crazy margins at the start of the season? We kept it together, better this game.

We are going to be hurting for a long time. I am thinking next year we will be lucky to make the top 11, but we need to focus on getting out of the bottom four and making a strong base team. Were at where the Dragons were last year, we can build on that.

Post by 851 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:12 pm

If the dogs score 5 points or more today we will have the worst attack, worst defence and worst points differential.
But having playerslike JLJ running the show it is not surprising, we have had some poor halves in our time but this guy is the worst.
MCK is being exposed at centre, Lovett is ordinary, Kev is a bad defender, our bench is the worst in the NRL, we have so many bad players it is tough.
Our last coach got rid of Brown, Farah and Sironen while still under contract, we are paying 1 million of our cap for players to play for other teams.
All 3 players would make our team a whole lot better, and those 3 players can catch a ball and defend, 2 things our current team can't.
But in saying that our players need to take some ownership, they are making school boy errors we can't defend.
I think at least with Cleary we attracted better players, but he should get rid of JLJ and a few others from our team for the rest of the season if we are any hope of a win
Last edited by 851 on Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or go home

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:25 pm

I don't think people realise or choose not to factor in what a mess we have been in financially like a lot have said we simply don't have the roster.I wasn't a fan of JT at all but he was pushing the proverbial up hill and I'm sure he gave it 100% in his way of thinking.
Now By all accounts we are looking forward to an exciting 2018,Cleary is coaching the side like any coach would when coming into a new environment.Bellamy Bennett or any other top coach would have taken same approach.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:52 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:48 pm
Ok everyone knows he gets a free pass for this Year given the circumstances he has taken over but I sort of expected more from the current team under him and by 3 months some changes in the way we play the past month of football has been a major disappointment..

There was no plan today apart from give it to Teddy and wingers and centres hitting it up ....no trying to work to a position ... just kick it on the 5th...anywhere...maybe it might get better with Brooks...and absolutely no improvement in Defense..in fact our Middle has gotten worse...

As I said I expected more but I'm sure with new players everything will be alright...right..
We just don't have the players to do much of anything at the moment. We have so many reserve graders that have no business playing in a first grade team it's no wonder we struggle. Look at the rosters for each team yesterday and it's no surprise we lost. If anything we could have lost by a lot more.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:54 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:12 pm
If the dogs score 5 points or more today we will have the worst attack, worst defence and worst points differential.
But having playerslike JLJ running the show it is not surprising, we have had some poir halves in our time but this guy is the worst.
MCK is being exposed at centre, Lovett is ordinary, Kev is a bad defender, our bench is the worst in the NRL, we have so many bad players it is tough.
Our last coach got rid of Brown, Farah and Sironen while still under contract, we are paying 1 million of our cap for players to play for other teams.
All 3 players would make our team a whole lot better, and those 3 players can xatch a ball and defend, 2 things our current team can't.
But in saying that our players need to take some ownership, they are making school boy errors we can't defend.
I think at least with Cleary we attracted better players, but he should get rid of JLJ and a few others from our team for the rest of the season if we are any hope of a win
Well said.
Tigers tragic since 1980.