Lolo, Felise, Marsters

krayola

Lolo, Felise, Marsters

Post by krayola » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 10:59 pm

How'd they go today?

I only saw the first half. Thought Lolo kinda disappeared after 20 minutes. Did he reappear in the second half?

Marsters and Felise only came on around 30 mins from what I could tell. They do much in the second? I think there's a lot of potential with those two.
One of my sources is Pascoe

willow

Post by willow » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 12:36 am

Lolohea was quiet after a bright start. Needs to take more kicking responsibility because JLJ wouldn't threaten an under 8's team with his kicking. Felise was ok in limited minutes and Marsters looks alright out there, decent footwork and shows some ticker.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:59 am

Felise was terrible defensively. Really disapointed in him. I had high hopes but startimg to fear he hasn't got it. Tim Grant was our best middle player.

Marsters had decent game time but limited opportunities on the right. He has a nice right foot step that i think will cause teams problems once we can go forward and have decent halves.

Lolo is not a half at all. He needs to be fullback and just run.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:03 am

king sirro wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:59 am
Felise was terrible defensively. Really disapointed in him. I had high hopes but startimg to fear he hasn't got it. Tim Grant was our best middle player.

Marsters had decent game time but limited opportunities on the right. He has a nice right foot step that i think will cause teams problems once we can go forward and have decent halves.

JJ was very lazy yesterday on more than one occasion... He looks like a structured player in attack, but that doesnt excuse him from tightening up his defense and remaining focused.

Cleary needs to smash him at training to get him re-focused!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

krayola

Post by krayola » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 10:15 am

thanks for the info boys
One of my sources is Pascoe

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:10 pm

Lolohea had excellent start, than that short kick to cheerleaders, and than that dropped ball within 10 m.
Looks like confidence player, hopefully it will a different story when he is paired with Brooks.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 1:13 pm

Yeah Felise is not living up to his 2016 form...

Its sad that most of our U20 stars have turned out to be duds at NRL level....

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 4:04 pm

king sirro wrote:

:righton:

wt00

Post by wt00 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 4:40 pm

king sirro wrote:

Good summary
The star of the team is the team.

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 5:08 pm

The problem with Felise, and I always thought it was obvious is that he his just SOFT.
And that ain't gunna be fixed. Good junior, big kid playing against smaller kids. Straight out of the Seumanufagai mould, lumbers up with the ball as casual as you like, never breaks the line, never get an off load away.
I always thought Tatola was the better prospect after watching the Junior Kangaroos play last year, far more mongrel.
I know somebody was stupid enough to resign Felise last year, where are you JT.
Ivan has got to do the right thing by everyone here including Felise, and let him know, he's not going to play in the NRL side in 2018 and is free to start looking at alternatives options.

ALX22

Post by ALX22 » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:44 pm

Big call @Tigers17. JJ justs needs to get fit and his knee doesn't look 100%.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:54 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 5:08 pm
The problem with Felise, and I always thought it was obvious is that he his just SOFT.
And that ain't gunna be fixed. Good junior, big kid playing against smaller kids. Straight out of the Seumanufagai mould, lumbers up with the ball as casual as you like, never breaks the line, never get an off load away.
I always thought Tatola was the better prospect after watching the Junior Kangaroos play last year, far more mongrel.
Ivan has got to do the right thing by everyone here including Felise, and let him know, he's not going to play in the NRL side in 2018 and is free to start looking at alternatives options.
He didn't play like you are suggesting in the games he played last year in the NRL or are you not counting those games. Didn't look soft to me. Hard to be a big tough guy pushing forward with a bunch of pillows playing with you.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:59 pm

Ivan should buy Tui a new pair of runners and tell him that he wants the soles worn out by the end of the season. Tui needs to get his aerobic conditioning up to scratch - that can only be done pounding the bitumen or even 30 minutes on a rowing ergo machine.

Tui needs to get fit.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 7:01 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 6:59 pm
Ivan should buy Tui a new pair of runners and tell him that he wants the soles worn out by the end of the season. Tui needs to get his aerobic conditioning up to scratch - that can only be done pounding the bitumen or even 30 minutes on a rowing ergo machine.

Tui needs to get fit.
Warriors' supporters were suggesting Kearney wanted him to put on some size. Regardless, he demonstrated enough on Saturday to suggest he will bring that x factor which we need.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:42 pm

king sirro wrote:

What makes you say Lolohea is not a half at all..I think you need to expand on that...I was not a great fan of his but given he's only been here a couple of weeks ..he has exceeded my expectations ...especially in defence...massive upgrade on Moses in the front line...in attack he is not an organiser he's a runner and watching him against the Dragons and Roosters I can see a twinge of Benji in him in that he doesn't know exactly what he is going to do let alone the players around him but again only been here a couple of weeks and hasn't played with Brooks yet..

I agree on Marsters he looks capable whenever the ball comes his way attracts a lot of defenders but could have caught a cold at times in the 2nd half...

Felise just seemed to get lost as well bar a couple of good charges ..his effort upon effort in defence is also a worry...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:57 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:42 pm
king sirro wrote:

What makes you say Lolohea is not a half at all..I think you need to expand on that...I was not a great fan of his but given he's only been here a couple of weeks ..he has exceeded my expectations ...especially in defence...massive upgrade on Moses in the front line...in attack he is not an organiser he's a runner and watching him against the Dragons and Roosters I can see a twinge of Benji in him in that he doesn't know exactly what he is going to do let alone the players around him but again only been here a couple of weeks and hasn't played with Brooks yet..

I agree on Marsters he looks capable whenever the ball comes his way attracts a lot of defenders but could have caught a cold at times in the 2nd half...

Felise just seemed to get lost as well bar a couple of good charges ..his effort upon effort in defence is also a worry...
Ok saying "not at all" may be a bit harsh. The reason i say he isn't a half is this....he looks to me that he's a player that would do better the less he thinks. Simple role, run and run and the passes will naturally flow from that. In the halves its easier said then done to focus on running first. Thats my gut feeling on him, less organising the better.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:41 pm

Apart from tui dropping the ball. I didn't see anything that made them major contributors to loosing the game . Especially masters and tui

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:30 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Mon 12 Jun, 2017 5:08 pm
You might be right, but Felise has been promoted by two separate FG coaches and Tatola has not.