Eisenhuth to Debut...

jirskyr

Re: Eisenhuth to Debut...

Post by jirskyr » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 9:57 am

I love a late bloomer. Cody Walker is the most recent example coming to mind, sometimes they just need a chance.

Sometimes I reckon it's the blokes who don't ooze natural and early talent that are the hardest workers and most reliable in difficult situations. Some kids just have it too easy, make all the rep sides etc., then they hit firsts and the top echelon of players figure them out, they have no deep fight, no mental toughness, no Plan B and that is where you encounter second-year syndrome.

A kid who comes on like Eisenhuth, he knows already what it takes to make it, he knows he doesn't have it in spades, he would be cherishing this chance to prove himself when other guys take it for granted that they're playing every week.

It's like the opposite situation of Curtis Sironen, both have a family tradition of rugby league, one waltzed into first grade.

That's not to say Eisenhuth will make it, but I'm glad to see him get a chance.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:26 am

Tiger78 wrote:
Wed 14 Jun, 2017 9:36 am
II would really love to see either Eisenhuth or Marsters become good solid first graders. Would be awesome to see one of our own guys put their hand up and take the other backrow position along side Mcqueen for next year. Goodluck to both of them and fingers crossed one of them or both can kick on.
100% I really hope one of these Guys becomes a GUN second rower for the Tigers....our own Cohen Hess!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:37 am

Better late than never for him. Not expecting much, but have only seen him play once and at least he puts in.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:55 am

tigerap wrote:
Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:26 am
Tiger78 wrote:
Wed 14 Jun, 2017 9:36 am
II would really love to see either Eisenhuth or Marsters become good solid first graders. Would be awesome to see one of our own guys put their hand up and take the other backrow position along side Mcqueen for next year. Goodluck to both of them and fingers crossed one of them or both can kick on.
100% I really hope one of these Guys becomes a GUN second rower for the Tigers....our own Cohen Hess!
I'd love to see both of them become quality 1st graders.
From what I've seen of the way Marsters steps up to a challenge he may well.
Haven't seen Eisenhuth yet but hopefully he does the same and those two fill our loose forward shortcomings.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:03 am

For the record Eisenhuth was one of the juniors who stood out at all levels and made all the junior rep teams. He was just injured for most of the last 4 years. But yes this experience may drive him extra hard to make the most of his chance. Certainly not one of our spoiled brats.

Could definitely fit anywhere in our pack except hooker if he handles the step up in pace.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:51 am

ku5tom wrote:
Wed 14 Jun, 2017 2:29 am
They say that and then they lost him.
LOL
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Leica Tiger

Post by Leica Tiger » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 6:05 pm

Another gem from Parra juniors hopefully

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm

ET was talking him up pre season, saying he'd make firsts this year.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:05 pm

With our season pretty much done I'm trying to look for some positives and the unearthing of a few potential first graders from our junior ranks is one of them. Really hope this bloke, Marsters and Liddle can cement a place in first grade and help us get back up on our feet for years to come.

Best of luck mate. Rip in.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 6:56 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:03 am
For the record Eisenhuth was one of the juniors who stood out at all levels and made all the junior rep teams. He was just injured for most of the last 4 years. But yes this experience may drive him extra hard to make the most of his chance. Certainly not one of our spoiled brats.

Could definitely fit anywhere in our pack except hooker if he handles the step up in pace.
Persistence is generally a key indicator of success. He wants it by the sound of that....4 years is a long-time to keep punching in waiting for a shot. Here's hoping he gets an injury free run at it. I hope he is a grub like his cousin

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 8:08 am

Who is his cousin?
I seem to recall a Reggie's front rower from Newcastle several years back... Saw this bloke in live games a few times think he had the same surname, ran the ball as hard as hell... He was rough as guts lol

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 8:14 am

He appears to be a similar build to Simon Dwyer, hope he is half as good

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 8:38 am

WTs need second row forwards, have cash, vacancies and now we need him to demonstrate that he will fulfil his potential. Good luck with the debut.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 8:46 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 15 Jun, 2017 8:08 am
Who is his cousin?
I seem to recall a Reggie's front rower from Newcastle several years back... Saw this bloke in live games a few times think he had the same surname, ran the ball as hard as hell... He was rough as guts lol
Paul Gallen..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 4:52 pm

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... rney_.html

WE always hear stories of kids making their NRL debuts.

The talented teenagers with a dazzling highlights reel to their name who have shone through the Holden Cup system, leaving their coaches with seemingly no other but to pick them.

It's what we've almost come to expect when we hear of players making their debuts.

But this is not one of those stories.

Matt Eisenhuth's story is one of quiet, relentess, hard work.

When nobody else is watching. When all the signs are telling you it might not happen.

When your body is simply not the same as it was the year before.

Hard. Persistent. Work.

A star coming out of Parrmatta's Holden Cup team in 2011, Eisenhuth seemed destined to make the NRL sooner rather than later before being cut by then Coach Ricky Stuart and moved on to Penrith.

And that's when the injuries and problems really started to set in for the Wentworthville Magpies junior.

"My time at Penrith, I was injured most of the time," he reflected.

"Shoulder reconstructions [note: plural] and other injuries, it just kept hitting. And after one sort of injury — it wasn't even football related — it started to dawn that I might not make it.

"I had a bone tumor in my lower leg three years ago.

"When that came about, the doctors were talking as to whether I'd ever play again.

"To be able to come back and play was my goal, and to get to where I am now, everthing about that is just a blessing and I'm just super proud of my effort to get back to where I am."

But even after battling away to just make it back on to the field, Eisenhuth still had a long way to go to even being close to a first-grade team, let alone a debut.

Having been part of an extended full-time squad twice before in his career, the 24-year-old was hanging on to a part-time contract with Wests Tigers.

"I was fortunate enough to get a part-time contract with Wests Tigers, which meant I was working nine to five during the day in an office and then turning up for training and games," he said.

"That had it's ups and downs, I can't lie.

"The hardest part was working all day and then trying to be mentally switched on enough when you come to training. And if you want to go to that next step, you've got to do that.

"That's part of life.

"Looking back, I'm thankful that I got the chance to work.

"It helped my work ethic and got me to where I am now.

"My fiance has been my biggest supporter throughout this all, and my family all know how hard I've worked to get here so it's nice to be able to reward them by making my debut."

And while there'll no doubt be plenty of flashy Holden Cup graduates who line up for both teams on Saturday night, that won't be Eisenhuth's story and that won't be his role.

"When he told me I was playing, Ivan [Cleary] just congratulated me and told me there was a reason why he'd chosen me and there's a reason why I've got here so don't change that.

"Keep doing what I've been doing for the team and help out in whatever way I can.

"That's what my role is, and I'm hoping I do it all right."
Last edited by innsaneink on Thu 15 Jun, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 4:59 pm

wow what a good story, he has done it tough and you can see from his interview how happy he is to get his chance to play. I hope he has a great game

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 5:02 pm

Good luck to the kid - it's young guys like this you like to see get something out of the game.

Post by 851 » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 5:06 pm

Hopefully his hard work pays off in spades and he stays in the top grade injury free
Go hard or go home