Goodluck Kyle Lovett

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27887
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Re: Goodluck Kyle Lovett

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:44 pm

This thread was never going to end well...

Kyle was very poor...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:46 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:44 pm
This thread was never going to end well...

Kyle was very poor...
Understatement of the millennium.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:46 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:24 pm
If Lovett was my brother id still bag the Crap out of him and tell him he's garbage ....
Enough is enough
If Lovett was my brother I'd change my last name and make my Dad get a vasectomy

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:49 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:46 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:24 pm
If Lovett was my brother id still bag the Crap out of him and tell him he's garbage ....
Enough is enough
If Lovett was my brother I'd change my last name and make my Dad get a vasectomy
:lol:
Tigers tragic since 1980.

User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:50 pm

Can we change this thread name to Get Lost Kyle Lovett?
Tigers tragic since 1980.


fergiefurr
Member
Member
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:54 pm

Being a local junior, a good trainer and a nice bloke isn't enough.

Tonight Luke Brooks actually created a few half gaps for him and it was shut down with ease. If Chris Lawrence played tonight he would have got a try or two. The most frustrating part was LB kept going short for him meanwhile Suli is out in the centres catching a cold.

I truely struggle to see one asset that KL has to be a first grade rugby league player. He is small, slow, has no ball skills, no offload, is good for basic handling errors, gets dominated with ball in hand and misses simple basic tackles week after week.

All I can think is that he must be the teams social co-ordinatitor and get some real good stuff for them.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21040
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:57 pm

God knows what some of you expect. Just like Rankin, JLJ etc, he's the product of years of bad management. It's not his fault.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:57 pm
God knows what some of you expect. Just like Rankin, JLJ etc, he's the product of years of bad management. It's not his fault.
Agree - I just feel sorry for him tbh. Him up against Lewis tonight was a mismatch of epic proportions. The blame should be thrown at whoever re-signed him two years ago on FG money.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:03 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:54 pm
Being a local junior, a good trainer and a nice bloke isn't enough.

Tonight Luke Brooks actually created a few half gaps for him and it was shut down with ease. If Chris Lawrence played tonight he would have got a try or two. The most frustrating part was LB kept going short for him meanwhile Suli is out in the centres catching a cold.

I truely struggle to see one asset that KL has to be a first grade rugby league player. He is small, slow, has no ball skills, no offload, is good for basic handling errors, gets dominated with ball in hand and misses simple basic tackles week after week.

All I can think is that he must be the teams social co-ordinatitor and get some real good stuff for them.
Yep, Brooks should have told Lovett to get out of the way and hit Suli with those short balls, he dents the line and may have broken through on occasion. Lovett is banther fodder.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5491
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 12:52 am

Problem is Lovett cannot afford bag games, his reputation is already ordinary as it is. Of course people will turn on him after his game tonight, it was v poor and he's not got a back-catalogue of good ones.

I get Cleary is looking for that 80 min backrower who defends all game, but we just don't seem to have one, not even ET or Rowdy.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7949
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 1:39 am

every time he takes a hit up, he either gets dragged back or taking towards the sideline

he gets dominated so bad there is no quick PTB and then it takes us two tackles to gain any momentum.

every set he takes a hit up, we start going on the backfoot.

he has his positives like cover defense and ability to play long minutes but he shouldnt be taking any hit ups when he is gonna get completely dominated, have a bigger run up and hit the line with pace. there are people like josh jackson, adam elliott, luke lewis etc who have similar body structure to him but they dont get dominated like him
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
Winnipeg
Member
Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: Fri 15 Jan, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 1:55 am

Surely Marsters and maybe even Eisenhuth are ahead of him

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 4:55 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 12:52 am
Problem is Lovett cannot afford bag games, his reputation is already ordinary as it is. Of course people will turn on him after his game tonight, it was v poor and he's not got a back-catalogue of good ones.

I get Cleary is looking for that 80 min backrower who defends all game, but we just don't seem to have one, not even ET or Rowdy.
After watching Mcqeen over the las few games he needs to keep looking, because he hasn't found the answer yet.

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 1:13 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:39 pm
Lovett had a good defensive game last weel, a bad one this week.
Hes copping it.

No answer tho, is it seriously his last game?
Haven't been through the live thread, but wouldn't surprise me if it was just being said because of how abysmal he was, and the development of Marsters and Eisenhuth. Fingers crossed he's on his way out though!

Post Reply