Live Game Thread *Spoilers*

Demps

Re: Live Game Thread *Spoilers*

Post by Demps » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:39 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:35 pm
Lolohea is crap ... He's just an overweight uncoordinated version of Benji Marshall
2k18 fullback.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:43 pm

hobbo wrote:
Lolohea is crap ... He's just an overweight uncoordinated version of Benji Marshall
I thought he was good. Brooks was ordinary for most of the game but it's his first game back. They didn't lose us the game although they both need to improve.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:45 pm

Tui actually reminds me of Owen craigie atad
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Post by 851 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:46 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Snake wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:32 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:26 pm
How do we make two unforced errors through pure stupidity when up by 8? We are a joke. There are some islanders you just cant trust, actually theres hardly any that u can trust to be aware of game situations. Sue is one of the worst. He must be the dumbest footballer of all time. Suli just as bad but gets leeway due to age and inexperience. Lolohea cant tackle, he looks scared. Noticed it his first game.
As one of those errors came from the biggest meathead this club has ever had ..They call me SUE!
Im more worried about the error from the captain and player meant to keep us calm at that stage of the game. Stupid.
ET was our best player, and that pass should not have been thrown, and the pass was too high anyway
Go hard or go home

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:50 pm

They all had a go but with almost half the team being rookies it's hard to expect them to beat the Premiers - even when under strength. They lack the physicality, gamesmanship and teamwork to close out games but hopefully they'll learn something from tonight.
It would be a much tougher lesson to learn if it cost us a place in the finals - maybe a loss like this will help us get home in a game that really matters.
Suffering supporter since 1967

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:51 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:46 pm
ET was our best player, and that pass should not have been thrown, and the pass was too high anyway
I honestly don't get how ET doesn't get more respect. I think he is our best player including Tedesco. Woods doesn't even rate compared to ET.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:53 pm

We managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :bawling
A few brain explosions, from Sue and Taylor, fallowed by series of missed tackles were too costly.
Great effort from Eisenhuth (195 m, 22 tackles , 2 MT), Seumanufagai (174 m, 30 tackles 0 MT), Naiqama (201 m) were not good enough to overcome our brain explosion.
Our left side was playing turnstile, Brooks missed nearly 50% of tackles he made 13 tackles 7 MT,
Zelezniak, made 4 tackles missed 3, Suli made 7 tackles missed 3 - and that killed all good work we made :bash
Refs non-decision of forward passes in 2 of their tries did not help, and that 3rd try was double movement any day for WT :crazy
Good, valiant effort from many players, anyway, Eisenhuth and Marsters should reserve their spots.
However, it remains mystery how could Lovett play so many FG games when we had Akuaola, and now Eisenhuth :crazy

razor7

Post by razor7 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:54 pm

Sue needs to play reserves and be told why he has been put there. He makes too many dumb errors too often.Not cut out for first grade in the upstairs department I'm afraid

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:55 pm

Look for another second rower

Sue is rubbish, what a stupid offload when in total control, what a crazy idiotic thing to do

Lovett is not first grade standard....woeful in defence

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:59 pm

851 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Snake wrote:
king sirro wrote:
How do we make two unforced errors through pure stupidity when up by 8? We are a joke. There are some islanders you just cant trust, actually theres hardly any that u can trust to be aware of game situations. Sue is one of the worst. He must be the dumbest footballer of all time. Suli just as bad but gets leeway due to age and inexperience. Lolohea cant tackle, he looks scared. Noticed it his first game.
As one of those errors came from the biggest meathead this club has ever had ..They call me SUE!
Im more worried about the error from the captain and player meant to keep us calm at that stage of the game. Stupid.
He called the play. ET played very well but that play was stupid from him. Unfortunately, you have show time and time again that you can't evaluate players and the club objectively.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:59 pm

Everybody criticising LoLo, how many did he miss?

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:00 pm

Earl wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:43 pm
hobbo wrote:
I thought he was good. Brooks was ordinary for most of the game but it's his first game back. They didn't lose us the game although they both need to improve.
Lol it's always the same story with Brooksy. He'll come good give it time he's playing injured haha. During this huge cleanout we should have got rid of the lot of them. He just doesn't strike me as someone who has the confidence needed to excel at the elite level. And to think he's on the same money as Maloney? People say Farah was a hog not giving it to the halves. Yeah I wonder why. Even Souths supporters say the same thing but it's the same with Reynolds he's another myth that goes missing in games.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm

OK ..... Yes we lost and it hurts and we may be last.
Yes We played dumb.
Yes Edge Defence was (once again) not the greatest. Nofa again isolated.
Kicking game needs lots of work.
For me Lolohea is not playing as running 5/8 .....
His combo with Brooks is going to take time to develop.
But I also saw some improvement out there tonight.
Couple of positional changes worked.
Marsters, Eisenhuth, Felise, Liddle (young brigade) all played well. Suli also tried hard but had his problems defensively.
But if you guys have not figured it out yet ..... This is going to continue to be a very hard year for us all. There should be no expectations. We will get close in games and lose them, like we did tonight. That's what happens to teams like ours.
Look at our lower grades performances .... disgraceful. Makes it extra hard for the 1st grade coach to try things.
As long as we give young players a go, team shows improvements and put in an 100% effort and not get flogged .... well (for me) that may be enough for this year.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:53 pm
Refs non-decision of forward passes in 2 of their tries did not help, and that 3rd try was double movement any day for WT :crazy
First try was forward. 3rd try was fine - if it had been Tigers I'd have been 'perturbed' had it not been awarded - momentum got him to the line and he JUST managed to keep control.
Suffering supporter since 1967

Post by 851 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:04 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:59 pm
851 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Snake wrote:

He called the play. ET played very well but that play was stupid from him. Unfortunately, you have show time and time again that you can't evaluate players and the club objectively.
And you can, you are a joke
Go hard or go home

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm

851 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:04 pm
southerntiger wrote:
851 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Calm down
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post by 851 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:04 pm
southerntiger wrote:
851 wrote:

Calm down
OK but that was uncalled for, I worked it out southern is someones wife, with you are wrong have no idea responses, makes sense now
Go hard or go home

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:11 pm

851 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Snake wrote:
king sirro wrote:

Hmmm where to start?
After siting through the best 84 minutes of Rugby League this season from 2 teams that were willing to show that every player in the side deserves to be in first grade I was unexpectedly nervous but excited for our game to start. Hoping to see much of the same.
Then 10 mins later what followed was disapointment. Ava just got sent off and I thought ,oh well.
I began thinking to myself s*** we are poor. We are coming up with nothing.
A little bit of luck and 2 trys later I start thinking ok, it's not pretty but it's effective.
Then half time rolled around and started to get excited again. Started to second guess my decision to tip the sharks in the local tipping comp thinking that I should of had more faith in this side and I could of jumped some colleges on the ladder.
Oviously that was our one chance to show fans that the grass is greener and we blew it.
Of the 17 that were available for the game I really can't fault there effort. The part that sucks is, we would have been blown away by 50 by the 2 teams that played the game earlier.
I guess I never had high expectations we would win the game just had a fleeting moment of hope that we got over the line during the game.

A couple of player changes and we would have been right in it.
Lovett tried his heart out I know, but I can't wait till lawernce is fit again. However seeing McQueens performance from the other night unless he gets a really tough preseason in him I'm not holding much hope for our left side backrow for this and next year.
Essan needs to start on the right and can remain there as far as I'm concern. MKZ into right centre with Kev who played very well to go back to left wing.
Eisenhower to the bench, straight swap for Grant who although did play well won't give us much extra with Woods returning.
Sue goes back to the bench and remains there until Josh A is fit.
Liddle is punching out more than 60 minutes a game now so I say just give him the 80, seasons done anyway.
Brooks was rusty but showed some good signs and good to see him running.
Tuimolaea was better, put some nice finishes into the sets.
I think in a nutshell ivan is going to turn this team into a grittier team and games like tonight I would be expecting to see more of, hopefully with a different result, not sure of the missed tackle count but we scrabble much better but ultimately it was a heartbreaking loss and I would say makes us a real close finish for the Spoon.