Well done boys

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25334
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Re: Well done boys

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 19 Jun, 2017 8:09 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 19 Jun, 2017 4:50 pm
I get ya.
No ball movement... No questions asked of the opposition... No pressure applied.. No imagination... No thought.. No flair...no risks... Lots of dull one out hit ups.
Hmm but the most points we've scored since Rd 7?
Yeah weird eh?
...and we still lost


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25140
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 10:43 pm

No risk at 22-14 would have been OK by me...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 11:37 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 19 Jun, 2017 8:09 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 19 Jun, 2017 4:50 pm
I get ya.
No ball movement... No questions asked of the opposition... No pressure applied.. No imagination... No thought.. No flair...no risks... Lots of dull one out hit ups.
Hmm but the most points we've scored since Rd 7?
Take ink with a grain of salt. He didnt watch the game, just having a sook.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 11:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 19 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 19 Jun, 2017 8:09 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 19 Jun, 2017 4:50 pm
I get ya.
No ball movement... No questions asked of the opposition... No pressure applied.. No imagination... No thought.. No flair...no risks... Lots of dull one out hit ups.
Hmm but the most points we've scored since Rd 7?
Yeah weird eh?
...and we still lost
...and why did they lose ink? Maybe it was because they became complacent with their control of the game and decided to become flairy and attempt risky ball movement, asking questions that did not need to be answered? They had that game for the majority of its length, through patience and grit and soon as they did what you mentioned above right at the end, they lost it. Youd know that if you had watched the game.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25334
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 5:33 am

Awww...theres more to life lol
I saw nothing flairy or any ball movement in the last quarter...Ive mentioned quite a few times how much of the game I saw
They shut up shop and it looked like they played the clock ala balmain 89...they stopped playing is why they lost/25 mins


Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2815
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 6:49 am

I think they were shot with ten minutes to go. You just knew it was coming .... we've all seen it before .... 😖😖😖

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 9:06 am

Don't push the pass, good kicking game in the last 10 minutes and we win the game.

They couldn't do it. too much inexperience.

One day.....

User avatar
Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 9:25 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 20 Jun, 2017 9:06 am
Don't push the pass, good kicking game in the last 10 minutes and we win the game.

They couldn't do it. too much inexperience.

One day.....
I agree.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4887
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm

The thing is after those two stupid passes by Sue and Eisenhuth, Cronulla actually stuffed the first opportunity via a Tagatese knock-on. I can't recall the exact sequence but they did score after the Eisenhuth drop? The Lee try?

Then we finally had a nice boring set of hit ups and getting to the kick, around 75th minute, which was the script they should have followed earlier, and Brooks had a good touch-finder. It was the proper way to handle that situation. But off that next set I think it was, Gallen gets a good offload, Lewis makes a huge linebreak down our LHS, Mortimer ends up with the ball 2m out and to the left, the end.

So they ultimately did the right thing and still conceded a try. It's either because we were falling away and Cronulla had a sniff, were good enough to finish over the top, or the stupidity of the previous sets destroyed our composure, such that even attempts to grind out the game with smart play failed.

Doesn't help that Sharks figured out if they moved the ball to the edges and then punched the middle, they would make yards, took them about 65 minutes to figure it out. They spent most of the game trying and failing to just work up the middle, with Townsend frankly putting in horrendous kicks.

I felt there was every chance Townsend would have finished the match with another crap kick and Tigers win, but the maligned Mortimer goes himself with a dab and gets the result. I can only imagine how Sharks fans would have reacted if his kick went dead or came off legs.

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2447
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:47 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
The thing is after those two stupid passes by Sue and Eisenhuth, Cronulla actually stuffed the first opportunity via a Tagatese knock-on. I can't recall the exact sequence but they did score after the Eisenhuth drop? The Lee try?

Then we finally had a nice boring set of hit ups and getting to the kick, around 75th minute, which was the script they should have followed earlier, and Brooks had a good touch-finder. It was the proper way to handle that situation. But off that next set I think it was, Gallen gets a good offload, Lewis makes a huge linebreak down our LHS, Mortimer ends up with the ball 2m out and to the left, the end.
I could be wrong, but it was a lazy chase and they made a break down our left from the kick return and the Lewis made his break.
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
I felt there was every chance Townsend would have finished the match with another crap kick and Tigers win, but the maligned Mortimer goes himself with a dab and gets the result. I can only imagine how Sharks fans would have reacted if his kick went dead or came off legs.
Naquama was horrendously out of position - see replay.

Both instances are examples of a lack of composure under pressure and forgetting to do all the little things rights for the full 80 minutes.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 2:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 20 Jun, 2017 5:33 am
Awww...theres more to life lol
I saw nothing flairy or any ball movement in the last quarter...Ive mentioned quite a few times how much of the game I saw
They shut up shop and it looked like they played the clock ala balmain 89...they stopped playing is why they lost/25 mins
Haha dont tell us you watched the last quarter when you clearly werent paying attention. Your summation is wrong. That is not what happened. You didnt watch anything yet came on and started a thread full of generalisations that did not fit this game.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 3:09 pm

I fully expected eventually Cronulla to win at all stages of the game, it would only be matter of what minute they overtook our boys. To me it was mainly Luke's kicks were our death knell but also the approach leading to them. I don't know if the required follow up was in place.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4887
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 3:35 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:47 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
The thing is after those two stupid passes by Sue and Eisenhuth, Cronulla actually stuffed the first opportunity via a Tagatese knock-on. I can't recall the exact sequence but they did score after the Eisenhuth drop? The Lee try?

Then we finally had a nice boring set of hit ups and getting to the kick, around 75th minute, which was the script they should have followed earlier, and Brooks had a good touch-finder. It was the proper way to handle that situation. But off that next set I think it was, Gallen gets a good offload, Lewis makes a huge linebreak down our LHS, Mortimer ends up with the ball 2m out and to the left, the end.
I could be wrong, but it was a lazy chase and they made a break down our left from the kick return and the Lewis made his break.
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
I felt there was every chance Townsend would have finished the match with another crap kick and Tigers win, but the maligned Mortimer goes himself with a dab and gets the result. I can only imagine how Sharks fans would have reacted if his kick went dead or came off legs.
Naquama was horrendously out of position - see replay.

Both instances are examples of a lack of composure under pressure and forgetting to do all the little things rights for the full 80 minutes.
No there was no kick return, I checked the tape. Tigers cough up the ball via Sue and Sharks drop it via Tagatese. Then Eisenhuth does the dumb offload and Sharks score right via Lee. Set from the kickoff Nu Brown makes a break but Tagatese fumbles the pass. Tigers take 5 x 1-outs and kick into touch via Brooks.

There are exactly 3 mins left at this time, Sharks take a hitup via Lee, another via Bukuya, then Gallen does a shifty flick out the back that hits a man on the chest, Sharks spread it right and Suli gets caught shadowing Lewis but doesn't tackle him, Lewis breaks into the backfield.

Definitely Naiqama was out of position for the kick, he should have been behind the PTB not in the line to the left. If Sharks had put a cross-field grubber he also would have been out of position. But hard to criticise the guy too much, he was really solid at FB for 78 mins. Frozone, Suli and Eisenhuth had the last 3 bad errors of the game and they were arguably our better players on the night.

Post Reply

Return to “Round 15: Wests Tigers vs Cronulla Sharks”