Well done boys

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Well done boys

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:17 am

Just wanted to say well done lads - taking the defending premiers and a top 2 team to the last minute and only loose due to a unfortunate 3 minutes at the end was a great effort and I am very proud of them.

I know we are last but when you look at our games we have been right in it against some great teams

With a side that really isnt up to NRL standard we have pushed Sharks x 2, Dragons, Roosters, eels and storm right to the limit and been in every game to win at half time at least and in al but the roosters game we have been in the others right to the end

So congrats to the lads I know it is tough right now but even if the talent and experience isn't quite their the effort has been great


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:25 am

I'll second that. In for a real dig, with the pretenders on the sideline. Keep this lineup Ivan.
"Quality Stupidity"

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:38 am

We look horrible in so many ways. Every team looks like they can score whenever the just throw the ball around a little. This is easily the worst we have looked in the past couple of years. Not one back can tackle. No forward hits and sticks. We are embarrassing.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:48 am

king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:38 am
We look horrible in so many ways. Every team looks like they can score whenever the just throw the ball around a little. This is easily the worst we have looked in the past couple of years. Not one back can tackle. No forward hits and sticks. We are embarrassing.
Yes and No.
But congratulations are in order to the team and the Coaching staff.
If JT was coaching and 3 primadonas playing ..... we would have been down at our lower grades standards.

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:55 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:17 am
Just wanted to say well done lads - taking the defending premiers and a top 2 team to the last minute and only loose due to a unfortunate 3 minutes at the end was a great effort and I am very proud of them.

I know we are last but when you look at our games we have been right in it against some great teams

With a side that really isnt up to NRL standard we have pushed Sharks x 2, Dragons, Roosters, eels and storm right to the limit and been in every game to win at half time at least and in al but the roosters game we have been in the others right to the end

So congrats to the lads I know it is tough right now but even if the talent and experience isn't quite their the effort has been great

Agree completely. I can handle losing when the effort is there. And, ever since Cleary has taken over the effort (apart from Moses, of course) has been strong. Better times ahead. And, I think the spoon can be avoided in 2017.


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4035
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:01 am

The first 15 mins was about the worst footie every witnessed but the boys came good enough to make a very good game of it. congrats. No 50 point blow out. (One turnstyle I still out there but we will keep mum about it in this thread.) My strategy is not to expect a win then I don't become disappointed and just hope
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:02 am

LCA wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:55 am
Boonboon2 wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:17 am
Just wanted to say well done lads - taking the defending premiers and a top 2 team to the last minute and only loose due to a unfortunate 3 minutes at the end was a great effort and I am very proud of them.

I know we are last but when you look at our games we have been right in it against some great teams

With a side that really isnt up to NRL standard we have pushed Sharks x 2, Dragons, Roosters, eels and storm right to the limit and been in every game to win at half time at least and in al but the roosters game we have been in the others right to the end

So congrats to the lads I know it is tough right now but even if the talent and experience isn't quite their the effort has been great

Agree completely. I can handle losing when the effort is there. And, ever since Cleary has taken over the effort (apart from Moses, of course) has been strong. Better times ahead. And, I think the spoon can be avoided in 2017.
Our team earned the respect of the crowd by taking the game right up to the Sharks. No one at the ground believed the WTs played badly and grudgingly gave respect.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:09 am

momo&medo wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:48 am
king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:38 am
We look horrible in so many ways. Every team looks like they can score whenever the just throw the ball around a little. This is easily the worst we have looked in the past couple of years. Not one back can tackle. No forward hits and sticks. We are embarrassing.
Yes and No.
But congratulations are in order to the team and the Coaching staff.
If JT was coaching and 3 primadonas playing ..... we would have been down at our lower grades standards.
Yet with pretty much the same squad last year we missed out of the 8 by one win. This year I will be surprised if we win another game.

You guys can pat yourselves on the back about being competitive against a side missing their two best forwards, their five eighth and two best outside backs, I will see that performance for what it was. Terrible. We are defending worse on the edges than we ever have. The Sharks' second last try was embarrassingly easy.

Im a supporter of Cleary and like the changes he is making for next year but to suggest that he somehow done better this year than Taylor did last year is ridiculous.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:12 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:01 am
The first 15 mins was about the worst footie every witnessed but the boys came good enough to make a very good game of it. congrats. No 50 point blow out. (One turnstyle I still out there but we will keep mum about it in this thread.) My strategy is not to expect a win then I don't become disappointed and just hope
No 50 point blow out? The Sharks halves were Chad Townsend and Nu Brown. With respect, they would have trouble putting 50 points on team over 2 seasons, let alone one game. Sharks play through Maloney, Fifita and Wade Graham, all who were missing.

Our defence was terrible and the silliness of blaming that on one player, when it starts from the middle of the field, shows a shocking ignorance of rugby league.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:31 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:12 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:01 am
The first 15 mins was about the worst footie every witnessed but the boys came good enough to make a very good game of it. congrats. No 50 point blow out. (One turnstyle I still out there but we will keep mum about it in this thread.) My strategy is not to expect a win then I don't become disappointed and just hope
No 50 point blow out? The Sharks halves were Chad Townsend and Nu Brown. With respect, they would have trouble putting 50 points on team over 2 seasons, let alone one game. Sharks play through Maloney, Fifita and Wade Graham, all who were missing.

Our defence was terrible and the silliness of blaming that on one player, when it starts from the middle of the field, shows a shocking ignorance of rugby league.
I am sorry that you didn't see an improvements in our team performance.
The difference in experience between two sides last night is very evident to me. And yet our young blokes competed. Time to give credit when its due mate.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:37 am

momo&medo wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:31 am
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:12 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:01 am
The first 15 mins was about the worst footie every witnessed but the boys came good enough to make a very good game of it. congrats. No 50 point blow out. (One turnstyle I still out there but we will keep mum about it in this thread.) My strategy is not to expect a win then I don't become disappointed and just hope
No 50 point blow out? The Sharks halves were Chad Townsend and Nu Brown. With respect, they would have trouble putting 50 points on team over 2 seasons, let alone one game. Sharks play through Maloney, Fifita and Wade Graham, all who were missing.

Our defence was terrible and the silliness of blaming that on one player, when it starts from the middle of the field, shows a shocking ignorance of rugby league.
I am sorry that you didn't see an improvements in our team performance.
The difference in experience between two sides last night is very evident to me. And yet our young blokes competed. Time to give credit when its due mate.
We haven't improved mate, thats the point. Our defense is worse than ever.

Im optimistic for the future. I like what M Eis did, I rate Esan Marsters, I like our purchases for next year but lets not kid ourselves that last night was a brave or good performance.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:41 am

I must give praise to the young players who did make a difference in the team tonight,EISENHUTH,MARSTERS,MWZ and LIDDLE..All played strongly tonight and they showed great courage to hold out the Sharkies for as long as they did...They all appear to have a bright future...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Steve k
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Steve k » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:44 am

Yes they did try but at the end of the day it just shows how we still need a few more players for next year cause just like someone else said no one in that backline can tackle they are useless.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4661
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:59 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:09 am
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:48 am
king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:38 am
We look horrible in so many ways. Every team looks like they can score whenever the just throw the ball around a little. This is easily the worst we have looked in the past couple of years. Not one back can tackle. No forward hits and sticks. We are embarrassing.
Yes and No.
But congratulations are in order to the team and the Coaching staff.
If JT was coaching and 3 primadonas playing ..... we would have been down at our lower grades standards.
Yet with pretty much the same squad last year we missed out of the 8 by one win. This year I will be surprised if we win another game.

You guys can pat yourselves on the back about being competitive against a side missing their two best forwards, their five eighth and two best outside backs, I will see that performance for what it was. Terrible. We are defending worse on the edges than we ever have. The Sharks' second last try was embarrassingly easy.

Im a supporter of Cleary and like the changes he is making for next year but to suggest that he somehow done better this year than Taylor did last year is ridiculous.
Glad I am not the only one that does not wear rose coloured glasses ,the same plodders last season were certainly a better outfit ..I suppose all of us can make our own assumptions why!

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2442
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD

Post by cqtiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:23 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:59 am
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:09 am
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:48 am
king sirro wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:38 am
We look horrible in so many ways. Every team looks like they can score whenever the just throw the ball around a little. This is easily the worst we have looked in the past couple of years. Not one back can tackle. No forward hits and sticks. We are embarrassing.
Yes and No.
But congratulations are in order to the team and the Coaching staff.
If JT was coaching and 3 primadonas playing ..... we would have been down at our lower grades standards.
Yet with pretty much the same squad last year we missed out of the 8 by one win. This year I will be surprised if we win another game.

You guys can pat yourselves on the back about being competitive against a side missing their two best forwards, their five eighth and two best outside backs, I will see that performance for what it was. Terrible. We are defending worse on the edges than we ever have. The Sharks' second last try was embarrassingly easy.

Im a supporter of Cleary and like the changes he is making for next year but to suggest that he somehow done better this year than Taylor did last year is ridiculous.
Glad I am not the only one that does not wear rose coloured glasses ,the same plodders last season were certainly a better outfit ..I suppose all of us can make our own assumptions why!
When Cleary first took over he made some simple changes and we beat the Cowboys at home and they had Thurston for 75 minutes. Not long after we beat the Bulldogs.

Then M Moses really wanted out and spat the dummy both at training and in games. Cleary lets him go. Moses then starts quoting about how bad our forwards are and how glad he is out and how safe he feels now.

Since then we have been a rabble. The players haven't been the same.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20497
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:32 am

cqtiger wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:23 am
Snake wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:59 am
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:09 am
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 7:48 am


Yes and No.
But congratulations are in order to the team and the Coaching staff.
If JT was coaching and 3 primadonas playing ..... we would have been down at our lower grades standards.
Yet with pretty much the same squad last year we missed out of the 8 by one win. This year I will be surprised if we win another game.

You guys can pat yourselves on the back about being competitive against a side missing their two best forwards, their five eighth and two best outside backs, I will see that performance for what it was. Terrible. We are defending worse on the edges than we ever have. The Sharks' second last try was embarrassingly easy.

Im a supporter of Cleary and like the changes he is making for next year but to suggest that he somehow done better this year than Taylor did last year is ridiculous.
Glad I am not the only one that does not wear rose coloured glasses ,the same plodders last season were certainly a better outfit ..I suppose all of us can make our own assumptions why!
When Cleary first took over he made some simple changes and we beat the Cowboys at home and they had Thurston for 75 minutes. Not long after we beat the Bulldogs.

Then M Moses really wanted out and spat the dummy both at training and in games. Cleary lets him go. Moses then starts quoting about how bad our forwards are and how glad he is out and how safe he feels now.

Since then we have been a rabble. The players haven't been the same.
Bet he felt real safe when Hess turned him into minced meat.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:42 am

A lot has changed since this "rabble" almost made the finals last year.

A starting centre left the club amidst claims of illegal betting and possible match fixing. He also raised concerns that players at the club enjoy a drug culture. His impact was very destructive on the seasons start.

The coach who slogged it out with the squad over the long hot summer was knifed only a couple of games into the season. This impacted the boys mental attitude far more than they let on at the time.

Our three highest profile players refused to commit to the club even anecdotely for 6 months and then when pressured to make a decision decided to leave. This broke a lot of spirits as all three slammed their peers publically.

Has Ivan achieved less with this squad than Taylor did? Yes.
Is the playing field even for a fair comparison? No.
Is Ivan a better coach than Taylor? Maybe. Time will tell.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4035
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:50 am

The most important test is that of perception of crowds, fans, TV followers, sponsors - what affects that most IMHO is to compare massive blowouts, I would guess we are having less under Ivan.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post Reply