WESTS Tigers Team V Gold Coast..

PrattenParkMagpie

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Gold Coast..

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm

Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:46 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
I like your avatar. Subtle.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Earl

Post by Earl » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 4:57 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:46 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

I like your avatar. Subtle.
That is the kind of subtlety that I like as well. It's almost hard to figure out what it means.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:18 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

I like your post
Sensible

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:31 pm

Doesn't matter who you play in the centres, the only time our backs see the ball is hit ups from inside our 20 or when Tedesco runs across field in front of them.
People wonder why we can't score points this year. We play boring football with no direction. Hopefully Sandercock is shown the door at the end of the season

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:18 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

I like your post
Sensible
Yes, it is definitely sensible, trouble is every month or so a forumer has to write something similar to spell it out and it still doesn't get through to some, even though it has been the same way for years.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 6:39 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:18 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

I like your post
Sensible
Yes, it is definitely sensible, trouble is every month or so a forumer has to write something similar to spell it out and it still doesn't get through to some, even though it has been the same way for years.
but that destroys the aura of outrage, conspiracy theories and our Coaches have no clue.. .so where is the fun in that..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 6:46 pm

Sponsors telling the coach who to pick because he's their favourite. Just when you think you've read it all.

timmings01

Post by timmings01 » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 9:30 pm

The outrage bus...lol

Tigers by 8.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm

I doubt old mate glass jaw will back up, someone sneezed near him, so I'd expect changes.
Could be wrong, of course.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

Good post. On the avatar, you need to add a Nike logo to the bag, looks like Teddy has his first brown paper bag and he hasn't even left yet.

wt00

Post by wt00 » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

Good post
The star of the team is the team.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:33 pm

wt00 wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

Good post
Agree perfect post. Some people seem to think we can cut half the team ever week. I'm sure once a few injuries clear up the rookies will make way and everyone will be up in arms but the club doesn't have much choice.

Out of interest does anyone know if a top 25 was announced at the start of the season? I remember a squad during pre season but it has something like 32 players

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:48 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:33 pm
wt00 wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:

Good post
Agree perfect post. Some people seem to think we can cut half the team ever week. I'm sure once a few injuries clear up the rookies will make way and everyone will be up in arms but the club doesn't have much choice.

Out of interest does anyone know if a top 25 was announced at the start of the season? I remember a squad during pre season but it has something like 32 players
I'm not for wholesale changers . Just don't think we should be playing Lovett and Chee Kam in the same side. Some people are saying we shouldn't have Chris Lawrence and McQueen in the same 2018 side, however both these players are a lot better than Lovett and MCK.
I'd drop one of Lovett and MCK and bring in Twal.
Other than that I don't think we can field a better side than the one that has been picked this week.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:24 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:04 am
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:16 am
willow wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 4:35 am
I would have liked to see MWZ retain a starting spot, throw him in the centres and move Marsters to backrow in place of Lovett. It will be interesting to see if Twal makes his debut.
I disagree with moving Marsters. I think Suli and Marsters are the best centre options.
Naaa...I see Marsters being a backrower...so why not have him there now.....
Because we have enough back rowers and zero centres. Marsters and Suli were reasonable in holding the outer defensive line on Saturday.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:52 pm

Teddy withdrawn for Titans game, something about an ankle.
Personally I'd thought he would pull the concussion excuse. But you know, whatever.

Wouldn't put money on Woods backing up either, I haven't heard anything about him pulling out just I doubt he would bother putting the effort in.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:54 pm

Marsters can play in the centres as a stop gap but it's clear he doesn't have the speed or agility to make a go of it longer term. He's a back rower through and through.

We currently have a squad with almost every player fit for selection. The only ones out are Lawrence, Idris and Aloiai i believe. That leaves 22 players up for selection without impacting the cap. The only players being selected who probably aren't in the top 25 are Eisenhuth and possibly Marsters.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 1:00 pm

Simona was in the 25, but I think we were one over and were saved cutting someone else if he didn't go. Young Mitchell Moses was in the 25, and I presume so was Robbie and Sironen considering we are paying them for this year. Or are they not in our 25 considering they would be Rabbits and Manly's 25? But Moses would now be in the Eels 25. So...

And considering however that we got DWZ, Tui and Twal mid season, I am assuming that we had space in the 25.