WESTS Tigers Team V Gold Coast..

User avatar
PrattenParkMagpie
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 1:20 pm

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Gold Coast..

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm

Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....


User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Post by Club Sandwich » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:46 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
I like your avatar. Subtle.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 4:57 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:46 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
I like your avatar. Subtle.
That is the kind of subtlety that I like as well. It's almost hard to figure out what it means.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25585
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:18 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
I like your post
Sensible

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:31 pm

Doesn't matter who you play in the centres, the only time our backs see the ball is hit ups from inside our 20 or when Tedesco runs across field in front of them.
People wonder why we can't score points this year. We play boring football with no direction. Hopefully Sandercock is shown the door at the end of the season


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3320
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:18 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
I like your post
Sensible
Yes, it is definitely sensible, trouble is every month or so a forumer has to write something similar to spell it out and it still doesn't get through to some, even though it has been the same way for years.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25467
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 6:39 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 5:18 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
I like your post
Sensible
Yes, it is definitely sensible, trouble is every month or so a forumer has to write something similar to spell it out and it still doesn't get through to some, even though it has been the same way for years.
but that destroys the aura of outrage, conspiracy theories and our Coaches have no clue.. .so where is the fun in that..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19368
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 6:46 pm

Sponsors telling the coach who to pick because he's their favourite. Just when you think you've read it all.

timmings01
Member
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon 05 Sep, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by timmings01 » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 9:30 pm

The outrage bus...lol

Tigers by 8.

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm

I doubt old mate glass jaw will back up, someone sneezed near him, so I'd expect changes.
Could be wrong, of course.

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
Good post. On the avatar, you need to add a Nike logo to the bag, looks like Teddy has his first brown paper bag and he hasn't even left yet.

User avatar
wt00
Member
Member
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by wt00 » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
Good post
The star of the team is the team.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:33 pm

wt00 wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
Good post
Agree perfect post. Some people seem to think we can cut half the team ever week. I'm sure once a few injuries clear up the rookies will make way and everyone will be up in arms but the club doesn't have much choice.

Out of interest does anyone know if a top 25 was announced at the start of the season? I remember a squad during pre season but it has something like 32 players

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:48 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:33 pm
wt00 wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
Let’s go for facts rather than speculation, any player outside your top 25 bites into the second tier cap, at least 5 of the current top 25 are unavailable through injury, leaving at most 20 of the top 25 players left available for selection and then they need to name a 21 man squad, its anyone’s guess which of the fringe players are top 25 but Lovett certainly is and Chee-Kam is also likely so they will continue to get picked most weeks in the foreseeable future.

It’s a simple fact of NRL life that the coach and club have to be prudent when using players outside the top 25, live with it.
Good post
Agree perfect post. Some people seem to think we can cut half the team ever week. I'm sure once a few injuries clear up the rookies will make way and everyone will be up in arms but the club doesn't have much choice.

Out of interest does anyone know if a top 25 was announced at the start of the season? I remember a squad during pre season but it has something like 32 players
I'm not for wholesale changers . Just don't think we should be playing Lovett and Chee Kam in the same side. Some people are saying we shouldn't have Chris Lawrence and McQueen in the same 2018 side, however both these players are a lot better than Lovett and MCK.
I'd drop one of Lovett and MCK and bring in Twal.
Other than that I don't think we can field a better side than the one that has been picked this week.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:24 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:04 am
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:16 am
willow wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 4:35 am
I would have liked to see MWZ retain a starting spot, throw him in the centres and move Marsters to backrow in place of Lovett. It will be interesting to see if Twal makes his debut.
I disagree with moving Marsters. I think Suli and Marsters are the best centre options.
Naaa...I see Marsters being a backrower...so why not have him there now.....
Because we have enough back rowers and zero centres. Marsters and Suli were reasonable in holding the outer defensive line on Saturday.

TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:52 pm

Teddy withdrawn for Titans game, something about an ankle.
Personally I'd thought he would pull the concussion excuse. But you know, whatever.

Wouldn't put money on Woods backing up either, I haven't heard anything about him pulling out just I doubt he would bother putting the effort in.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:54 pm

Marsters can play in the centres as a stop gap but it's clear he doesn't have the speed or agility to make a go of it longer term. He's a back rower through and through.

We currently have a squad with almost every player fit for selection. The only ones out are Lawrence, Idris and Aloiai i believe. That leaves 22 players up for selection without impacting the cap. The only players being selected who probably aren't in the top 25 are Eisenhuth and possibly Marsters.

TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 1:00 pm

Simona was in the 25, but I think we were one over and were saved cutting someone else if he didn't go. Young Mitchell Moses was in the 25, and I presume so was Robbie and Sironen considering we are paying them for this year. Or are they not in our 25 considering they would be Rabbits and Manly's 25? But Moses would now be in the Eels 25. So...

And considering however that we got DWZ, Tui and Twal mid season, I am assuming that we had space in the 25.

Post Reply