Re: Wests Tigers v Titans Live match thread

Post by Needaname » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:43 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:11 am
Needaname wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:14 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:26 pm
That tidbit from Gould about the WTs being keen on a Roosters' players to play fb is probably the best news of tonight.
That would have to be ferguson,
Peter Tunks has been banging on about it for months now.
Reckons we have offered him massively overs for the role one could one guess around 700,000 if Gagai is a measure of the that market.
As much as I would not love to part with that much money for a back I would say we really need to to be honest.
And don't stop there.
Give 600,000 to Both Ryan Hoffman and Luke Lewis to be on our edges.
Screw squad depth we need a competitive first 17 first and foremost.
I thought all the noise about a Roosters player for FB, despite Tunks' big trap, was Connor Watson.
One can only hope you are right.
But I'd still take ferguson for right or left centre.
His wasted on the wing.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 7:13 am

old man tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm
For anyone who doesn't want to read the thread, here is the short version.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

What changes week to week that makes the same people expect a different result? Maybe it's my fault for expecting a different reaction.

The reasons for these performances are plain to see. Do people think Lovett et al are hiding a superman cape under the jersey and refusing to use it? Yes the team sucks, instead or the same outrage every week when you've had too many beers why don't you have a look at the squad and tell the rest of us where the improvement can come from?

Our own 2014 squad were worse than this, they threw game after game at the end of the season. Was last year really better, we had an open door to the 8 and got done by 50 at a ground so loved by captain pillow that he got the postcode tattooed on his backside.

Tonight was awful, but for the squad we have it's par. If you can't cop it come back some other season or join Teddy at the Swiss bank of rugby league clubs.

:)

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 7:29 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:11 am
Needaname wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:14 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:26 pm
That tidbit from Gould about the WTs being keen on a Roosters' players to play fb is probably the best news of tonight.
That would have to be ferguson,
Peter Tunks has been banging on about it for months now.
Reckons we have offered him massively overs for the role one could one guess around 700,000 if Gagai is a measure of the that market.
As much as I would not love to part with that much money for a back I would say we really need to to be honest.
And don't stop there.
Give 600,000 to Both Ryan Hoffman and Luke Lewis to be on our edges.
Screw squad depth we need a competitive first 17 first and foremost.
I thought all the noise about a Roosters player for FB, despite Tunks' big trap, was Connor Watson.
Agreed. I believe it is Connor Watson he was referring to and I hope it is so.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 8:30 am

Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:45 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:42 pm
Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:41 pm
We are ordinary. I'd make the following points:-

1. Woods is ordinary. He never busts a tackle or has any impact. I honestly wouldn't pick him in first grade.
2. Brooks and Lolohea need to improve a lot.
3. Felise actually has an impact but compared to Woods everyone does.
4. ET gets hacked but he is better than Woods when it comes to impact.
5. I can't stand Woods.
6. Eisenhuth looks good.
7. Sue to me has been dead ordinary this year and he misses tackles but he can actually have an impact.
8. Felise can also have an impact.
9. We need a complete roster overhaul and we need a solid team plus someone who can win us games. Benji would have a shocker and then win us the game. We don't have any players including the Turd who can do that. Brooks and Lolohea really need to come up with the big plays.
10. Naiqama, Lovett and Woods shouldn't be in the team again.
Yes but how do you feel about Woods?
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. He is the biggest dud of a forward I have ever seen. I have no idea how anyone would pick him in a first grade team let alone an origin team.

I have a mate who is a Dogs supporter and that is the only thing that makes me happy when I think about Woods but I don't feel happy at all at the moment.
Seriously Earl you have no idea, your hatred for Woods is bordering on obsession.He was by far our best last night.I didnt like the way he handled leaving the club and he is not a great captain but he does put in on the field

Bula

Post by Bula » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:28 am

jadtiger wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 8:30 am
Earl wrote:
Club Sandwich wrote:
Earl wrote:

1. Woods is ordinary. He never busts a tackle or has any impact. I honestly wouldn't pick him in first grade.
5. I can't stand Woods.
6. Eisenhuth looks good.
7. Sue to me has been dead ordinary this year and he misses tackles but he can actually have an impact.
9. We need a complete roster overhaul and we need a solid team plus someone who can win us games. Benji would have a shocker and then win us the game. We don't have any players including the Turd who can do that. Brooks and Lolohea really need to come up with the big plays.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. He is the biggest dud of a forward I have ever seen. I have no idea how anyone would pick him in a first grade team let alone an origin team.

I have a mate who is a Dogs supporter and that is the only thing that makes me happy when I think about Woods but I don't feel happy at all at the moment.
Seriously Earl you have no idea, your hatred for Woods is bordering on obsession.He was by far our best last night.I didnt like the way he handled leaving the club and he is not a great captain but he does put in on the field
Earl needs to put "Be nice to Captain Mattress" on his list.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:31 am

Aceshigh wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:19 pm
Well a big tick to the wests directors who have bought this club to its knees , obviously they longed for the good ol wooden spoon days , take a bow u bums
By that comment you wouldn't know if a dead bear..........

Please don't show your ignorance.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:42 am

momo&medo wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:29 pm
wt00 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:14 pm
Can't see us winning another game this season
I can. You are just a bunch of weak wankers.
Grow up .... we are struggling with this team but they have a big mountain to climb.
Success will be sweet.
Agree - weak as....

Just a bunch of reeds blowin' in the wind.

Last week Kev was our answer to No 1 .... this week he is the worst player ever.

Brooks is a nothing .. a few ago ..once brooks comes back ... this week worst half ever despite his defence being the best in any game he has ever played.

The trouble is the Tigers are playing like you guys, make up your mind, totally inconsistent.

When you have to play people like Lovett in FG what do you expect the result is going to be.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:46 am

hobbo wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:36 pm
7 in a row ....
:wahoo:
Yes I'd expect you to be happy about that... why do you bother following them?

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:52 am

Earl wrote:

5. I can't stand Woods.
6. Eisenhuth looks good.
Mate you are letting hate cloud your judgement and it is destroying your credibility.

Woods (I don't like how he is leaving either) was very good tonight - you say he was crap and then turn around and say Eisenhuth looks good (he didn't do anything, not baggin' him but to compare ????).

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:58 am

Club Sandwich wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 pm
Earl wrote:
Club Sandwich wrote:
Earl wrote:

5. I can't stand Woods.
6. Eisenhuth looks good.

Fair enough. I think the board has to call a meeting with the members and explain how they expect to fix this rabble. I wonder if Go and the rest of the board even watched the game tonight.
They don't have to explain anything to the members......

The members if they don't like it as with all supporters can go and follow someone else.

It's simples.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:02 am

Our forwards will not be dominated next year.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:45 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
They weren't really dominated last night either, for the most part, but our inept halves couldn't do anything to take control of the game.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 1:00 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:45 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
They weren't really dominated last night either, for the most part, but our inept halves couldn't do anything to take control of the game.
Not dominated but have a look at meters gained comparison between two forward packs.
It's easy to day our halves are crap but if there is no go forward, and opposition is constantly on front foot .... they are constantly under pressure and can and do squat!
Tackle counts and forward defence improve but we are middleweights fighting in heavyweight division this year. And that ant gonna change with what we have available.