Wests Tigers v Titans Live match thread

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Wests Tigers v Titans Live match thread

Post by old man tiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm

For anyone who doesn't want to read the thread, here is the short version.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

What changes week to week that makes the same people expect a different result? Maybe it's my fault for expecting a different reaction.

The reasons for these performances are plain to see. Do people think Lovett et al are hiding a superman cape under the jersey and refusing to use it? Yes the team sucks, instead or the same outrage every week when you've had too many beers why don't you have a look at the squad and tell the rest of us where the improvement can come from?

Our own 2014 squad were worse than this, they threw game after game at the end of the season. Was last year really better, we had an open door to the 8 and got done by 50 at a ground so loved by captain pillow that he got the postcode tattooed on his backside.

Tonight was awful, but for the squad we have it's par. If you can't cop it come back some other season or join Teddy at the Swiss bank of rugby league clubs.

timmings01

Post by timmings01 » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:14 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:05 pm
timmings01 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:59 pm
putting aside all the errors, when are we going to get a decent goal kicker? That's one thing we actually could fix.
We have the worst attack in the comp, we don't score many tries to worry about goal kicking
Games can be won or lost on a goal...

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:22 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:42 pm
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:29 pm
der Tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:26 pm
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:23 pm
Embarrassed to be a wests fan ...worst team in our history
99 Magpies was a tough year
I worked for wests in those years , the difference was they had nobody ,, it they still tried hard even though they were outclassed ..this is the worst wests team I've supported
Well mate I've watched Magpies since the mid sixties and yes there were worst sides with more talent.
These guys tonight did not give up. The refs calls in second half all went against them. And for the side they have that is critical.
I can understand people being critical .... but this negativity about next year? Sometimes I really think I am communicating on this forum with 10 year olds.
I await your return serve.
Answer the question...what positives can you give me with this years side .this team were never going to win tonight ..blame the refs and the 50/50 calls ...their attack is non existent ,getting repeat sets is a no no ... giving penalties away on late tackles ...what else didn't you see tonight ..

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm

I actually tipped the tigers tonight.
:roll

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:48 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:04 pm
willow wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:58 pm
Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:56 pm
willow wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:51 pm

Go have a lie down Earl. Woods was our best player tonight.
He is our highest paid and supposedly our marquee player and he had no impact on the game at all. He was terrible.
He was our best player tonight. If you can't see that then you've got no idea.
I can't see it and I bet when he goes we will be a better team.
We will be a better team next year with the new roster but would be even better if Woods and Teddy were still on board. For mine it was always the Borooks and Moses which were deadwood.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:50 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm

What changes week to week that makes the same people expect a different result? Maybe it's my fault for expecting a different reaction.

The reasons for these performances are plain to see. Do people think Lovett et al are hiding a superman cape under the jersey and refusing to use it? Yes the team sucks, instead or the same outrage every week when you've had too many beers why don't you have a look at the squad and tell the rest of us where the improvement can come from?

Our own 2014 squad were worse than this, they threw game after game at the end of the season. Was last year really better, we had an open door to the 8 and got done by 50 at a ground so loved by captain pillow that he got the postcode tattooed on his backside.

Tonight was awful, but for the squad we have it's par. If you can't cop it come back some other season or join Teddy at the Swiss bank of rugby league clubs.
Few more posts like this will restore my faith for this forum.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:51 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

timmings01

Post by timmings01 » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:55 pm

old man tiger wrote:

It's a discussion forum. People are discussing.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:59 pm

For those who were at the ground, did everyone else feel that the crowd was really flat. Everyone was just there because it is what we do. I didn't get the feeling that as much as we wanted to anyone expected a win (would have enjoyed one but didn't expect it to happen).

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:03 pm

timmings01 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:55 pm
old man tiger wrote:

Exactly .... Where else do we discuss and vent ?
It's not like my mrs gives a toss about footy :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:13 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 pm
Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:45 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:41 pm
We are ordinary. I'd make the following points:-

1. Woods is ordinary. He never busts a tackle or has any impact. I honestly wouldn't pick him in first grade.
2. Brooks and Lolohea need to improve a lot.
3. Felise actually has an impact but compared to Woods everyone does.
4. ET gets hacked but he is better than Woods when it comes to impact.
5. I can't stand Woods.
6. Eisenhuth looks good.
7. Sue to me has been dead ordinary this year and he misses tackles but he can actually have an impact.
8. Felise can also have an impact.
9. We need a complete roster overhaul and we need a solid team plus someone who can win us games. Benji would have a shocker and then win us the game. We don't have any players including the Turd who can do that. Brooks and Lolohea really need to come up with the big plays.
10. Naiqama, Lovett and Woods shouldn't be in the team again.
Yes but how do you feel about Woods?
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. He is the biggest dud of a forward I have ever seen. I have no idea how anyone would pick him in a first grade team let alone an origin team.

I have a mate who is a Dogs supporter and that is the only thing that makes me happy when I think about Woods but I don't feel happy at all at the moment.
Fair enough. I think the board has to call a meeting with the members and explain how they expect to fix this rabble. I wonder if Go and the rest of the board even watched the game tonight.
I said same in the live game thread. We should all contact the club demanding a members and fan meeting with the board and CEO
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:14 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
That tidbit from Gould about the WTs being keen on a Roosters' players to play fb is probably the best news of tonight.
That would have to be ferguson,
Peter Tunks has been banging on about it for months now.
Reckons we have offered him massively overs for the role one could one guess around 700,000 if Gagai is a measure of the that market.
As much as I would not love to part with that much money for a back I would say we really need to to be honest.
And don't stop there.
Give 600,000 to Both Ryan Hoffman and Luke Lewis to be on our edges.
Screw squad depth we need a competitive first 17 first and foremost.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:18 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:13 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 pm
Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:45 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:

Yes but how do you feel about Woods?
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. He is the biggest dud of a forward I have ever seen. I have no idea how anyone would pick him in a first grade team let alone an origin team.

I have a mate who is a Dogs supporter and that is the only thing that makes me happy when I think about Woods but I don't feel happy at all at the moment.
Fair enough. I think the board has to call a meeting with the members and explain how they expect to fix this rabble. I wonder if Go and the rest of the board even watched the game tonight.
I said same in the live game thread. We should all contact the club demanding a members and fan meeting with the board and CEO
It's a great idea.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:27 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:14 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
That tidbit from Gould about the WTs being keen on a Roosters' players to play fb is probably the best news of tonight.
Reckons we have offered him massively overs for the role one could one guess around 700,000 if Gagai is a measure of the that market.
As much as I would not love to part with that much money for a back I would say we really need to to be honest.
And don't stop there.
It's not just players, we need to throw money at some experienced and proven defensive and attacking coaches. Whatever we have been doing the past 5-6 years has just not been working. This includes someone with football experience and nous to rebuild the club behind the scenes and at board level. It includes consultants like Andrew Johns to work with Brooks and completely overhaul his game and finally find out if we have a half or we have a dud so we can cut our losses and move on.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:29 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm
* that moment when your choosing your tips for the week and you want to say Titans are a certantity to lap us but your heart is telling you to stick solid with the Tigers and you'll have an even better feeling if they get over the line.
* knights your up! And this time I'm backing you!

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:36 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:03 pm
timmings01 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:55 pm
old man tiger wrote:

Exactly .... Where else do we discuss and vent ?
It's not like my mrs gives a toss about footy :lol:

She's smart! Wish I didn't give a toss about it!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:11 am

Needaname wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:14 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
And don't stop there.
I thought all the noise about a Roosters player for FB, despite Tunks' big trap, was Connor Watson.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:12 am

Club Sandwich wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:29 pm
Andrew Johns: "Suaso Sue has been a shining light for the Tigers this season. He's been outstanding".

I'm lost for words.
I thought the same thing. Clearly not been watching Tigers matches this year. Though I do agree if Sue went to Melbourne he'd be a better footballer.

But that's like saying if Alaskans moved to Hawaii they'd have better tans.