Uncoached

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Re: Uncoached

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:34 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:03 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
My mail has Webster and his assistants coaching/running the team still. Cleary is there in an over-sight/mentoring capacity and hasnt done much with the current team.

His focus is on building towards 'next year', so its clear he will fit in at Tigerland!
Doesn't make any sense to me. Surely Clearly would want to be coaching the current players to get better, especially the ones that will be with us in the coming years.

You would think Cleary would be working hard with the team and looking to improve the games of Brooks, Suli, Liddle etc all that have long term futures at the club.

I know that in some world football clubs the manager is only the over seerer and the work is done by the assistant coaches but I don't think Cleary would want that to occur unless he had handpicked his own coaching staff in full.
It makes it easier for Cleary to do his crossword puzzles during games
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:56 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:34 pm
sunshine coast tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 12:03 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
My mail has Webster and his assistants coaching/running the team still. Cleary is there in an over-sight/mentoring capacity and hasnt done much with the current team.

His focus is on building towards 'next year', so its clear he will fit in at Tigerland!
Doesn't make any sense to me. Surely Clearly would want to be coaching the current players to get better, especially the ones that will be with us in the coming years.

You would think Cleary would be working hard with the team and looking to improve the games of Brooks, Suli, Liddle etc all that have long term futures at the club.

I know that in some world football clubs the manager is only the over seerer and the work is done by the assistant coaches but I don't think Cleary would want that to occur unless he had handpicked his own coaching staff in full.
It makes it easier for Cleary to do his crossword puzzles during games
That's the second time I've heard it referenced, Cleary doing crosswords during the game. Please tell me it's a joke, because if it is, it's funny. If it's not a joke, it's sad.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 1:00 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
My mail has Webster and his assistants coaching/running the team still. Cleary is there in an over-sight/mentoring capacity and hasnt done much with the current team.

His focus is on building towards 'next year', so its clear he will fit in at Tigerland!
Jeeeez, can't he do both????? Coaching AND building towards next year! Isn't that what we are paying him for??

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17190
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 1:03 pm

Hasn't occurred to any that Watto might just stirring the pot?
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 1:10 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 1:03 pm
Hasn't occurred to any that Watto might just stirring the pot?
Well someone tell Cleary that 7 across (six letters) isn't necessarily B-R-O-O-K-S. It might fit, but we need some of 11,14 and 15 down first to be sure.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:


Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 2:25 pm

rialto wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 1:00 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
My mail has Webster and his assistants coaching/running the team still. Cleary is there in an over-sight/mentoring capacity and hasnt done much with the current team.

His focus is on building towards 'next year', so its clear he will fit in at Tigerland!
Jeeeez, can't he do both????? Coaching AND building towards next year! Isn't that what we are paying him for??
How do you think we've managed to recruit all these players from across the country.

I know it's a digital age, but one would think that Cleary would be allowing for some face time with his recruits.
To be honest when I watched those videos from the club I was thinking to myself Geese how does he fit this all in his plate.
His probably overseeing and being present for the main sessions / captains run.
Still I don't believe his not doing any coaching at all.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 3:21 pm

I enjoy a bit of goose from time to time. Half a goose fills my plate. Delicious.
"Quality Stupidity"

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 4:12 pm

Got me, I'm in stitches. The irony of the metaphor.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 4:21 pm

Love Foie Gras... This little old lady in Lyon stuffs them inside figs and poaches them. Absolutely Beautiful!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27849
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 4:51 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:56 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:53 am
Geez No one is calling for his head.....Just some improvement of which there has been Zero...oh well...Next Year...
You seriously can't see any improvement in the side since Cleary took over? Didn't rate the win in Townsville or didn't think we did alright getting close to Dragons and Sharks in Origin period?

The team is not playing well but I see improvements in them, I see changes. It's not doing much for the results, and maybe that's the only measurement anyone cares about, but I would say we are defensively in games every 2 out of 3 weeks now, it used to be 1/3 weeks.

You seem to have become a mad cynic lately Geo with these sarky by-lines in every second post. You can't see any value change in the side at all?
In the initial stages maybe ..I think the Cowboys win was more to do with the embarrassment of the players rather than anything Cleary did in a couple of days...

The next couple of games after that Parra Dogs Cronulla were OK I could see some subtle changes in the way we were attacking more through the middle of the field and working on sliding harder in defence ..but since the Broncos game all that seems to have gone out the window and it was back to give it to Tedesco in attack and well the less said about how we are defending the better because we just aren't...

The Roosters game annoyed me the most ..the Chooks made a lot of errors in that game ..yet we seemed clueless in the 2nd half with wingers and centres taking hit ups and they still put 40 on us..

None the less I'll still make the trek op the M1 on Sunday for the Grand Final..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5487
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 4:57 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 4:51 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:56 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:53 am
Geez No one is calling for his head.....Just some improvement of which there has been Zero...oh well...Next Year...
You seriously can't see any improvement in the side since Cleary took over? Didn't rate the win in Townsville or didn't think we did alright getting close to Dragons and Sharks in Origin period?

The team is not playing well but I see improvements in them, I see changes. It's not doing much for the results, and maybe that's the only measurement anyone cares about, but I would say we are defensively in games every 2 out of 3 weeks now, it used to be 1/3 weeks.

You seem to have become a mad cynic lately Geo with these sarky by-lines in every second post. You can't see any value change in the side at all?
In the initial stages maybe ..I think the Cowboys win was more to do with the embarrassment of the players rather than anything Cleary did in a couple of days...

The next couple of games after that Parra Dogs Cronulla were OK I could see some subtle changes in the way we were attacking more through the middle of the field and working on sliding harder in defence ..but since the Broncos game all that seems to have gone out the window and it was back to give it to Tedesco in attack and well the less said about how we are defending the better because we just aren't...

The Roosters game annoyed me the most ..the Chooks made a lot of errors in that game ..yet we seemed clueless in the 2nd half with wingers and centres taking hit ups and they still put 40 on us..

None the less I'll still make the trek op the M1 on Sunday for the Grand Final..
Well sounds like you feel as I do - there were some improvements evident, not zero, but of the last few weeks those improvements have been sort of lost in the wash.

What I am trying to put my finger on is:
1) Are the players not buying into the changes that Cleary has made any more; or

2) Has the early embarrassment / fear / response to new coaching worn off; or

3) Is the roster we have incapable of maintaining the changes the new coach has implemented, reverting to old behaviours?; or

4) Is the impact of having our key players out for the Origin period really exposing our lack of depth; or

5) Has Cleary or the roster unofficially given up on 2017?

Or all of the above. I see players trying out there, I see the effort, but the mental lapses are horrible and we seem unable to maintain pressure on any opposition. We float in and out of matches. So to me that's not a lack of game plan, it's a combination of roster issues and the coach not being able to get his team in the right mindset to compete for 80 mins.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 5:41 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 4:12 pm
Got me, I'm in stitches. The irony of the metaphor.
Sorry, bored, couldn't resist.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood

Post by oldprop » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 1:45 pm

formerguest wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:46 am
oldprop wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:41 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:08 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
You may not find that as easy as you think
I lost interest for a whole decade
Because of the merger and/or Super League?
It was the merger that brought me back. We were in a world of pain before that.
Need more props.

Post Reply