Uncoached

Club Sandwich

Re: Uncoached

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:03 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:41 pm
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
Mate hang in there, I have followed wests and weststigers for nearly 50 years, and a lot of those years were heart breakingly bad.
We will rid our club of nearly all the deadwood, and we won't be paying players to play for other teams like we have been, 1 million of our cap this year.
We will have much better days next year mate so stay on the bus.
I see where your coming from Milky. My boy is at the age where he's starting to understand the game and I feel like it's child abuse having him support his Dad's team. I don't want him to go through what I have the past 37 years. We live in Melbourne so I'm afraid he may get tired of watching his team get beaten year in year out and start supporting AFL.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:06 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:30 pm
southerntiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:27 pm
851 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:26 pm
southerntiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:16 pm

Okay. So thats the line we are going with to explain why our side has got worse since we put the Big 4 saga behind us.
When they basically said you guys are not good enough players to stick around, you don't think that split the playing group.
You don't come back from that, plus the only nember of the big 4 to stay is so far out of form he looks like he wants out too
I get the challenges. Its funny how similar challenges weren't raised in defence of the coach last year.
That coach that has us paying 1 million of our cap to have players play for other teams this year, yeh he was a gem
Agree. Comparing JT to Cleary is like comparing dog poo and caviar. JT was a muppet of the highest order.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:08 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:03 pm
851 wrote:
Milky wrote:

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
Mate hang in there, I have followed wests and weststigers for nearly 50 years, and a lot of those years were heart breakingly bad.
We will rid our club of nearly all the deadwood, and we won't be paying players to play for other teams like we have been, 1 million of our cap this year.
I see where your coming from Milky. My boy is at the age where he's starting to understand the game and I feel like it's child abuse having him support his Dad's team. I don't want him to go through what I have the past 37 years. We live in Melbourne so I'm afraid he may get tired of watching his team get beaten year in year out and start supporting AFL.
It's hard on the kids for sure .
I can't keep BS to my young fella ...saying hang in there ...we'll come good :lol:
I've told him if he wants to follow another team to go for it !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:15 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:08 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
851 wrote:
Milky wrote:

I can't keep BS to my young fella ...saying hang in there ...we'll come good :lol:
Agree. I just don't want Junior getting into AFL. It'd be heartbreaking.

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm

It's quite simply the cattle that we have. Cleary has said from the beginning that he wasn't planning on making his mark on the team during this year, instead he would tweak a few of Taylor's tactics i.e Rushing Defence, positional changes etc. The cattle that Jason Taylor assembled were to suit his tactics and they simply were not good enough, and Cleary has his eyes set on long term success and culture change, which isn't going to happen in 3 months. As well as this, the win against the cowboys, the game against Parra that we let go, as well as the game against Cronulla where we were in the game for 60 minutes at Leichhardt were all signs that under Cleary that we are an improved side, it's just going to take time.

As for Brooks the boy is going to have a rough time this season. Woods was really the only forward that stood up tonight and we have a pathetic bench that lacks both experience and power that will change next year. He's being relied on to kick on last every time down that left corridor which is killing him and making him look one dimensional and would look better roving across the field, especially with Tui's best game being when he takes the line on. Next year with a partner in Reynolds as well as a superior forward pack and a pre season under IC the boy will thrive. No one came close to him in Junior ranks, and both his representative honours as well as his debut shows that he has the talent, but he will be guided. Once we have Matulino, Packer, McQueen and hopefully another backrower and front rower punching through the middle Brooks will be the halfback that not only takes control, but becomes the source of our points for years to come.

It's going to take time, it always was. Cleary has only put the broom through the kitchen, he's got plenty of the house to go. WTTID.
Last edited by jrtiger on Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm

Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:36 pm
Milky wrote:

Bye milky ...the Broncos are an easy club to support ....
Not supporting anyone else. Im done with it.

What do we get out of supporting a club of flogs?
How old are you ? I've been supporting the team about 35 years. It hurts but this is how it is. I guarantee we till turn it around at some point.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:21 pm

It will take a few years to recover from where we are now. It looks like we have hit rock bottom but I wouldn't pin my hopes on any quick recovery. I know it will be a new team next year and to expect improvement ..... but I can't see it being anything spectacular. Hope I'm wrong.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:25 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:15 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:08 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
851 wrote:

Agree. I just don't want Junior getting into AFL. It'd be heartbreaking.
That would be the worst scenario :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:28 pm

It s the cattle not the coach, there is no leading playmaker or any cohesion in attack as a result

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:31 pm

king sirro wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:52 pm
willow wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:50 pm
We haven't got the cattle. Plain and simple.
Same cattle as last year, that cant be an answer when comparing what Cleary had done since taking over. Im asking what has the new coach done to improve this squad? The same squad Taylor had has gone backwards in a big way under Cleary
How is it the same cattle as last year? Moses gone, Simona gone, Farah gone, JAC gone, Halatau gone, Sironen gone.

Tedesco and Woods and Ava going, that never helps form in a struggling side.

Lawrence long-term injury, Aloiai long-term injury, Brooks recurring injury, Idris gone for season. Tedesco misses 3 out of the last 5 games.

The starting backline this evening Naiqama-Nofo-Marsters-Suli-MWZ-Lolohea-Brooks, super inexperienced. 3 of those blokes haven't played first grade before, 2 of them weren't even at the club a few weeks ago and there's little argument that there are not better options available in reserve grade or 20s.

I don't know if Cleary can do the job long-term but this is not a good side right now, and Gould highlighted it, possibly half the current roster won't be there next year and they know it.

And frankly KS your OP, "5/8th doesn't touch the ball all game"? Serious? He touched it too often, how often did Brooks pass to Lolo on tackle 5?
Last edited by jirskyr on Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rialto

Post by rialto » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:46 pm
Umm..I started this 2 weeks ago and got howled down..so good luck Sirro..

It's the roster..

I don't think Cleary has done much with the current squad and left it to the assistants as he is concentrating on...'Next Year'
Are you suggesting Cleary doesn't have the 'ticker' to be able to concentrate on more than just 'Next Year'?? If so, bit of a worry as Gus let him go because he felt he was in need of a rest when things fell apart at the Panthers and Cleary wasn't coping too well.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:36 pm

I would formally divorce my son if followed AFL
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:39 pm

willow wrote:
It's largely the same cattle as last year and that team should've taken us into the semis....so I disagree we don't have the cattle ... they are just not coached right

rialto

Post by rialto » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:40 pm

king sirro wrote:
willow wrote:
Same cattle as last year, that cant be an answer when comparing what Cleary had done since taking over. Im asking what has the new coach done to improve this squad? The same squad Taylor had has gone backwards in a big way under Cleary
X2

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:41 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:17 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:46 pm
Brooks is so out of form he cant even run to the line without falling over!
It is a huge worry that he is going to be our halfback for next season. He has the odd good game where it looks like he is finally going to hit his straps, but then goes straight back to playing like a rookie again. Overall he is a bog average halfback and this is who we are relying on to guide us around the park. And I don't think the addition of Reynolds will do much to help the situation either, just look how well he is going with the bog average Mbye now!
I can only hope when the prima donnas are gone that and the new recruits arrive, that Brooks will find his feet. Otherwise we have another problem for 2018 we dont need.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:44 pm

Someone made a good point earlier about half of them not being there next year and they know it. I'm talking about your Naiqama's and your Lovett's. Wouldn't surprise me if Cleary has told the remaining unsigned players that they won't be required. There's no incentive to perform. A season that started out with so much optimism has turned into a nightmare. Going to be a long summer.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:46 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:31 pm
king sirro wrote:
willow wrote:
How is it the same cattle as last year? Moses gone, Simona gone, Farah gone, JAC gone, Halatau gone, Sironen gone.

Tedesco and Woods and Ava going, that never helps form in a struggling side.

Lawrence long-term injury, Aloiai long-term injury, Brooks recurring injury, Idris gone for season. Tedesco misses 3 out of the last 5 games.

The starting backline this evening Naiqama-Nofo-Marsters-Suli-MWZ-Lolohea-Brooks, super inexperienced. 3 of those blokes haven't played first grade before, 2 of them weren't even at the club a few weeks ago and there's little argument that there are not better options available in reserve grade or 20s.

I don't know if Cleary can do the job long-term but this is not a good side right now, and Gould highlighted it, possibly half the current roster won't be there next year and they know it.

And frankly KS your OP, "5/8th doesn't touch the ball all game"? Serious? He touched it too often, how often did Brooks pass to Lolo on tackle 5?
Yep I agree jirskyr. Attack the full strength side when it gets beat all you like but slamming tonights and last week's 17 is futile, they are what they are and most are trying.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:50 pm

I think its worth remembering ....

Round 2 - 36-2 Penrith
Round 3 - 46-6 Raiders
Round 4 - 22-14 Storm
Round 5 - 28-6 Dragon's

This was all before the super 3 got a bee under their bonnet.

Essentially I see no evidence that Cleary has taken the club backwards. I can think of 4 games now we could of won. Why didn't Moses take the kick in front when we were 12 up against Parra is a good example.

I see a lot of young players going pretty good and a bunch of seasoned players about to join them next year with close to $3m still to spend in our cap.

Hang in there ....