Uncoached

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5335
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Re: Uncoached

Post by Milky » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:06 am

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 8:41 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
Goodbye then.
Young people (sigh)

C q later :lol:


User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2529
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:27 am

upthetigers wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 pm
shakey4d wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:44 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:43 pm
What does Brooksy do at training. His first short kick of the game again does straight into a player and he persists with those useless midfield bombs. Drop the pretender to reserve grade he's is bloody useless. The only reason we still have him is because no other club wanted him.
And promote Jack Littlejohn?...
I don't know what the answer is mate but we can't act like he is guaranteed a first grade spot. He is a dud.
Part of the problem - the only half apart from Reynolds ( accepting that Lolo was bought as a FB )that we have bought is Gamble so unless he is something that every other club has missed then Lukey will have a guaranteed fg spot.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:31 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:08 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
You may not find that as easy as you think
Lol yes I'm sure we've all been down that road at some stage. Especially supporting this mob!

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2529
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:31 am

Harvey wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm
Bring back JT
There's a banner waiting there Harvey.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2529
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:45 am

jrtiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm
It's quite simply the cattle that we have. Cleary has said from the beginning that he wasn't planning on making his mark on the team during this year, instead he would tweak a few of Taylor's tactics i.e Rushing Defence, positional changes etc. The cattle that Jason Taylor assembled were to suit his tactics and they simply were not good enough, and Cleary has his eyes set on long term success and culture change, which isn't going to happen in 3 months. As well as this, the win against the cowboys, the game against Parra that we let go, as well as the game against Cronulla where we were in the game for 60 minutes at Leichhardt were all signs that under Cleary that we are an improved side, it's just going to take time.

As for Brooks the boy is going to have a rough time this season. Woods was really the only forward that stood up tonight and we have a pathetic bench that lacks both experience and power that will change next year. He's being relied on to kick on last every time down that left corridor which is killing him and making him look one dimensional and would look better roving across the field, especially with Tui's best game being when he takes the line on. Next year with a partner in Reynolds as well as a superior forward pack and a pre season under IC the boy will thrive. No one came close to him in Junior ranks, and both his representative honours as well as his debut shows that he has the talent, but he will be guided. Once we have Matulino, Packer, McQueen and hopefully another backrower and front rower punching through the middle Brooks will be the halfback that not only takes control, but becomes the source of our points for years to come.

It's going to take time, it always was. Cleary has only put the broom through the kitchen, he's got plenty of the house to go. WTTID.
I thought you were told to stay off this forum Mrs Brooks.


User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 2:53 pm

We basically trotted out a reggies side last night, pure and simple. A very ordinary reserve grade side. It has little resemblance to the team we thought would be on the paddock this year.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2197
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 5:38 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:31 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:08 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
You may not find that as easy as you think
Lol yes I'm sure we've all been down that road at some stage. Especially supporting this mob!
Every year for the last 6 for me.... I can only wonder what I'd be like to be a Storm or Cowboys supporter.... lucky buggers

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 25 Jun, 2017 9:06 pm

The problem is your born to your side ...things can only get better ,but it won't happen this year and blaming Cleary is the COP OUT

User avatar
Twmba Tigerman
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat 06 Dec, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Twmba Tigerman » Sun 25 Jun, 2017 9:51 pm

jrtiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:20 pm
It's quite simply the cattle that we have. Cleary has said from the beginning that he wasn't planning on making his mark on the team during this year, instead he would tweak a few of Taylor's tactics i.e Rushing Defence, positional changes etc. The cattle that Jason Taylor assembled were to suit his tactics and they simply were not good enough, and Cleary has his eyes set on long term success and culture change, which isn't going to happen in 3 months. As well as this, the win against the cowboys, the game against Parra that we let go, as well as the game against Cronulla where we were in the game for 60 minutes at Leichhardt were all signs that under Cleary that we are an improved side, it's just going to take time.

As for Brooks the boy is going to have a rough time this season. Woods was really the only forward that stood up tonight and we have a pathetic bench that lacks both experience and power that will change next year. He's being relied on to kick on last every time down that left corridor which is killing him and making him look one dimensional and would look better roving across the field, especially with Tui's best game being when he takes the line on. Next year with a partner in Reynolds as well as a superior forward pack and a pre season under IC the boy will thrive. No one came close to him in Junior ranks, and both his representative honours as well as his debut shows that he has the talent, but he will be guided. Once we have Matulino, Packer, McQueen and hopefully another backrower and front rower punching through the middle Brooks will be the halfback that not only takes control, but becomes the source of our points for years to come.

It's going to take time, it always was. Cleary has only put the broom through the kitchen, he's got plenty of the house to go. WTTID.


Good Article and not far off the mark. Give it time and this means into 2018. Some of us are too hard on Brooks. With the better pack in front of him he will be a better player. Those of us that think that Cleary was going to change things overnight should get a reality check.
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 25 Jun, 2017 11:59 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:51 pm
Sirro - with all due respect you also think ET is a dud.

In stating that geez we are ordinary. We need to score points somehow and we don't seem to have the players to do that.

I'm going to give IC though at least 3 year to get it right. Taylor deserved less because he made poor decisions after poor decisions. The only thing I can fault IC for right now is our on-field performances.
I would have thought that the Coach would have some influence on onfield performance , and that would carry some responsibility for it

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 6:50 am

:bash
diedpretty wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:27 am
upthetigers wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 pm
shakey4d wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:44 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:43 pm
What does Brooksy do at training. His first short kick of the game again does straight into a player and he persists with those useless midfield bombs. Drop the pretender to reserve grade he's is bloody useless. The only reason we still have him is because no other club wanted him.
And promote Jack Littlejohn?...
I don't know what the answer is mate but we can't act like he is guaranteed a first grade spot. He is a dud.
Part of the problem - the only half apart from Reynolds ( accepting that Lolo was bought as a FB )that we have bought is Gamble so unless he is something that every other club has missed then Lukey will have a guaranteed fg spot.
Littlejohn has already shown that he's not capable in first grade. Why go backwards?
We had one of the best halves ever, and one of the best Coaches ever, say last week that Brooks needs help.
Some money spent on a proven Halfback Coach, would be better spent on that .
In fact it should have been our priority.
It would cost a lot less than some of our doubtful signings that we have been picked so far.
I'm not sure how in hell that hasn't already been addressed.

Did the club think think that Brooks was just going to morph into a top gun half. They stuffed up his developement, I just hope that they haven't left it to late .

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 6:52 am

Barrett couldn't coach last year either - now he can apparently.
It's never going to be great for a coach or a team when there's a change made during the season.
Some of you need to harden up. Trashing Cleary this year is nonsense. Trash him at the end of next year if you want to.
Some of us have been through this crap for 40 years or more - with just the occasional season to keep us hanging in there. You can never walk away Milky - I've tried.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5423
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:26 am

tigerap wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 5:38 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:31 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:08 am
Milky wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
Say what you want...if things don't improve next year, I'm out.

No finals series in 8 years is a joke and I don't want any part of it. Done with the game.
You may not find that as easy as you think
Lol yes I'm sure we've all been down that road at some stage. Especially supporting this mob!
Every year for the last 6 for me.... I can only wonder what I'd be like to be a Storm or Cowboys supporter.... lucky buggers
No way mate,I have been a Balmain supporter and now an avid WTs supporter....I DONT LIKE THE EASY ROAD...it would get boring winning every week and not have anything to get angry at...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
Andyvee
Member
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed 29 Sep, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Andyvee » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:30 am

This current team is uncoachable.

What's the old saying.....You can't polish a turd.

Hopefully Cleary not only continues to build a competitive team for next year, but he overhauls and does a mass purge of the current support and training staff in all three grades.

I am getting sick of finishing my supporters season in August, would like to get into September.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17532
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:35 am

I'm not happy with the results, would have thought Cleary would have got the boys up for a couple more wins than we've seen. Keen to see how we go with his cattle next year, not prepared to start calling for the coaches head when it's quite clear he has plans in place that he cannot act on yet.

He's identifying and blooding players with a view for next year so that's promising.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5423
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:49 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:35 am
I'm not happy with the results, would have thought Cleary would have got the boys up for a couple more wins than we've seen. Keen to see how we go with his cattle next year, not prepared to start calling for the coaches head when it's quite clear he has plans in place that he cannot act on yet.

He's identifying and blooding players with a view for next year so that's promising.
Couldnt agree more CB....here is a list I got off the top of my head that have gone or been moved on or are injured within the last 3/4 years....and replaced by what we have...

Koro
JAC
Austin
TMM
sironen
Tapau
Hieno
Farah
moses
Simona

injured at the moment....
Ballin
Lawrence
Aloia

add Fulton early retirement and Benji moved on...

We are in a rebuilding stage that will make this club a far better place in the future....we have to be PATIENT,..I know its hard to cop what we have these last couple of years but we must stay solid...blaming the coach at the first hint of disappointment or bagging the far inferior playing group is not the way to go....Everyone at the club is TRYING,it must be hard to front up every week and copping plenty,but what we have is what we have got until next year....stay strong and dont weaken we are TRUE TIGERS.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28986
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:53 am

Geez No one is calling for his head.....Just some improvement of which there has been Zero...oh well...Next Year...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 9:02 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Jun, 2017 8:53 am
Geez No one is calling for his head.....Just some improvement of which there has been Zero...oh well...Next Year...
Geo do you think we are on track to look better for next year than this year? Or do you disagree?

I mean in terms of squad depth across the park.

I never thought JT was the problem, and feel justified in that view now, however, I do think longer term Cleary will be better for us as he seems to have been able to attract a few players that we might not have got under JT. Pure speculation of course, and I'm referring mostly to packer and matulino.

Post Reply