Uncoached

Geo.

Re: Uncoached

Post by Geo. » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:08 pm

king sirro wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:50 pm
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:45 pm
Not Cleary fault ...this squad was built by Taylor .my only criticism is his selection of Kev m ...half the squad is t of first grade standard but Cleary has no option but to pick the same reserve graders week in week out .
The biggest cop out post of the year. How can you explain your reasoning when Taylor got better results with this so called self built squad? So if the results were better with Taylor, whats your answer to the question of what has Cleary done for this team?

Clearly has sent us backwards.
Oh dear...Next Year..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm

On a positive, how good does Elijah Taylor look when he forgets about ball playing and uses his leg speed to take the line on? Geo you have to be warming to him playing on the edge? He isn't a ball player, he is a runner, and a good one when given that role. Punches hard, gets quick play the balls, runs good lines. Stop pussying around trying to ball play Elijah and just run.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:13 pm

Sirro is right. There is no game plan and no coaching going on. At least with Taylor, whilst you may not have agreed with his game plan, it was clear there was one.

And, last year we played some decent footy, although some crap footy too. The only real difference in personnel are Moses and Simona.

Our best game this year was against Souths Rd 1, again when Taylor was coach. Since IC's appointment, we have gradually become less and less of a cohesive unit.

I am very worried about the future of this club.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:13 pm

king sirro wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:05 pm
stryker wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:59 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:43 pm
I was banging on about this boring garbage last week but apparently I didn't watch the game
Our attack was superior to this last week you peanut. If you watched the game youd know that lol...
However why dont you rehash it this week now it is relevant to the game that was just played? Everyone will applaud your knowledge :roll:
Wrong. Our attack was crap last week to, and the week before. Maybe the odd play executed a little better which u will get every now and then, but game plan wise its a disgrace. There is no game plan.
Our execution was far better.
What did you expect to happen when a coach is brought into a side that has lost 5 starting players for next year causing upheaveal, has injuries and the only replacements are not first grade standard?
He is blooding youngsters and they are playing next to plodders who wont be in the squad next year....his only chance is to find a couple of gems amongst the rubbish. Liddle, Marsters, Felise and Eisenhuth are the focus. The rest of this season is one big trial match.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:08 pm
Bring back Benji.
That is exactly what we need. We don't have a player who can win a game.

Post by 851 » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:13 pm
Sirro is right. There is no game plan and no coaching going on. At least with Taylor, whilst you may not have agreed with his game plan, it was clear there was one.

And, last year we played some decent footy, although some crap footy too. The only real difference in personnel are Moses and Simona.

Our best game this year was against Souths Rd 1, again when Taylor was coach. Since IC's appointment, we have gradually become less and less of a cohesive unit.

The so called big 4 screwed our season, we were never gonna recover
Go hard or go home

Illek

Post by Illek » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:16 pm

king sirro wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Not Cleary fault ...this squad was built by Taylor .my only criticism is his selection of Kev m ...half the squad is t of first grade standard but Cleary has no option but to pick the same reserve graders week in week out .
The biggest cop out post of the year. How can you explain your reasoning when Taylor got better results with this so called self built squad? So if the results were better with Taylor, whats your answer to the question of what has Cleary done for this team?

Completely agree with you. I thought Taylor overachieved getting us to 9th last year and we have looked progressively worse since he has left. People saying Taylor assembled this squad are wrong, a lot were forced upon him and 2018 was the year he was meant to finally have money.

Cleary I'm sure does have more player power to lure some players, but I agree we need to show some small improvements 2017.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:16 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm
southerntiger wrote:

The si called big 4 screwed our season, we were never gonna recover
Okay. So thats the line we are going with to explain why our side has got worse since we put the Big 4 saga behind us.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:17 pm

stryker wrote:
king sirro wrote:
stryker wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
I was banging on about this boring garbage last week but apparently I didn't watch the game
Our attack was superior to this last week you peanut. If you watched the game youd know that lol...
However why dont you rehash it this week now it is relevant to the game that was just played? Everyone will applaud your knowledge :roll:
Wrong. Our attack was crap last week to, and the week before. Maybe the odd play executed a little better which u will get every now and then, but game plan wise its a disgrace. There is no game plan.
What did you expect to happen when a coach is brought into a side that has lost 5 starting players for next year causing upheaveal, has injuries and the only replacements are not first grade standard?
He is blooding youngsters and they are playing next to plodders who wont be in the squad next year....his only chance is to find a couple of gems amongst the rubbish. Liddle, Marsters, Felise and Eisenhuth are the focus. The rest of this season is one big trial match.
I think that this is right. It's crazy to bag on Cleary at this point. He needs some a fair go and he hasn't made the dud decisions that other coaches have made.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:17 pm

stryker wrote:
king sirro wrote:
stryker wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
I expect to see some sort of improvement in at least some area. I think thats fair enough. Maybe some cohesion in defence where it at least looks like they know what each other are doing, maybe some attack that looks like its trying to ask questions of the defence. Thats all. Im not expecting wins, im not expecting miracles, im expecting some sign of small steps forwards. Do you honestly think thats unreasonable?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:17 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:46 pm
Brooks is so out of form he cant even run to the line without falling over!
It is a huge worry that he is going to be our halfback for next season. He has the odd good game where it looks like he is finally going to hit his straps, but then goes straight back to playing like a rookie again. Overall he is a bog average halfback and this is who we are relying on to guide us around the park. And I don't think the addition of Reynolds will do much to help the situation either, just look how well he is going with the bog average Mbye now!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:17 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:08 pm
Bring back Benji.
I thought we had at one point when Lolohea threw a pass 2 metres forward and 12 metres over the touchline

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm

The Wests Tigers have run out of people to blame...Or have they..hmmm

A paradigm shift in 2 weeks... viewtopic.php?f=250&t=29594
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm

You're kidding yourselves. How many coaches need to be crucified?

You sign average player on superstar money for x number of years. You're stuffed for x number of years.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:16 pm
851 wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm
southerntiger wrote:

The si called big 4 screwed our season, we were never gonna recover
Okay. So thats the line we are going with to explain why our side has got worse since we put the Big 4 saga behind us.
I think the big 4 screwed us for years. They were overpaid and underperformed. It was all smoke and mirrors. We overpaid them and let better players go and then they've left anyway. I think them leaving is the best thing that they've done for us.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm

Illek wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:16 pm
king sirro wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:

Completely agree with you. I thought Taylor overachieved getting us to 9th last year and we have looked progressively worse since he has left. People saying Taylor assembled this squad are wrong, a lot were forced upon him and 2018 was the year he was meant to finally have money.

Cleary I'm sure does have more player power to lure some players, but I agree we need to show some small improvements 2017.
Exactly. Taylor didnt choose this side. Sure, he re-signed Lovett but I suspect that Lovett has always simply a cheap squad filler whilst we waited for our cap problems to end.

We can probably blame Taylor for letting Brown, JAC and Sironen go. However, its not clear to me how much of that was simply due to us not having sufficient cap space and needing to let anyone go to balance the books.

Lets hope this nightmare comes to an end sooner rather than later. Im losing patience.
Last edited by southerntiger on Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:19 pm

The title of this thread should be "uncoachable"

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm
You're kidding yourselves. How many coaches need to be crucified?

You sign average player on superstar money for x number of years. You're stuffed for x number of years.
This is my point. We bet on these guys big time and none of them are worth what we've paid them. As much as I hate to admit it we've gotten the best value out of the Turd and that was poor value.