Player stats from tonight

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33121
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Player stats from tonight

Post by willow » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm

5. Naiqama - 145 metres in attack, 10 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 2 errors

2. Nofoaluma - 183 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 try assist, 1 line break assist, 5 tackles, 2 missed tackles

3. Marsters - 80 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 11 tackles, 2 missed tackles

4. Suli - 65 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 2 missed tackles

18. MWZ - 66 metres in attack, 4 tackles, 1 missed tackle

6. Lolohea - 77 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 13 tackles

7. Brooks - 84 metres in attack, 26 tackles, 5 missed tackles

8. Woods (64 minutes) - 144 metres in attack, 41 tackles

9. Liddle (67 minutes) - 22 metres in attack, 45 tackles, 4 missed tackles

10. Seumanufagai (42 minutes) - 88 metres in attack, 24 tackles

11. Sue (54 minutes) - 108 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 19 tackles, 1 missed tackle

12. Lovett (62 minutes) - 20 metres in attack, 32 tackles, 1 missed tackle

13. Taylor (78 minutes) - 48 metres in attack, 38 tackles, 3 missed tackles

14. Eisenhuth (48 minutes) - 99 metres in attack, 32 tackles, 1 missed tackle

15. Felise (19 minutes) - 42 metres in attack, 14 tackles

16. Chee-Kam (39 minutes) - 69 metres in attack, 21 tackles, 3 missed tackles

17. McIlwrick (14 minutes) - 5 metres in attack, 13 tackles


Possession ended up with 46% to the Tigers
Completion rate of 71%
1342 metres made
3 line breaks made
8 offloads
26 missed tackles
14 errors


southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm

Only 1 forward over 100 metres. Lovett 20 metres in 62 minutes. Gee

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm

26 tackles from Brooks must be career high. Defended strongly but attack was beyond woeful.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1975
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm

When aloaia and Lawrence come back, I think we can expect to see Lovett and MCK phased out, with marsters and eisenhuth keeping their spots.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:23 pm

stryker wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm
26 tackles from Brooks must be career high. Defended strongly but attack was beyond woeful.
Yep he seems to find himself in very poor positions on the last tackles. He just isn't able to manage a set of six at the moment.

Its funny given he wasn't too bad at that when he first came into grade. Its not often you see a young half get worse at game management with experience.


FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by FreddyK » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:31 pm

Didn't mind Sue tonight ...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29693
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:36 pm

Shout out to Jacob Liddle didn't see him het carried back at all in defence //chopped most of the Titans big men down and his defense on the goal-line was great..having said that I would go back to starting McIIwrick if he is to be in the team and Jacob play the final 60..

Brooks defended very well...Sue's second stint was good...Eisenhuth and Marsters continue to impress with their chances...

Suli might be time for a rest..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 1:05 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:36 pm
Shout out to Jacob Liddle didn't see him het carried back at all in defence //chopped most of the Titans big men down and his defense on the goal-line was great..having said that I would go back to starting McIIwrick if he is to be in the team and Jacob play the final 60..

Brooks defended very well...Sue's second stint was good...Eisenhuth and Marsters continue to impress with their chances...

Suli might be time for a rest..
Not sure why Liddle started.
I was thinking maybe having Mc play the first 30 then Liddle playing out the game leaves us vulnerable at the end of the game if Liddle tires and a sub is not available.
IC probably had in his mind that we would still be in the grind at the 60min with a close game and the fresh sub would help tighten us up for the remainder of the match.
That being said though I liked JL starting and thought he did well. We need to consider using MM at lock for Part of the game, his no stranger to the role he came into grade as a lock / hooker and played a bit of reserve there when A fresh hooker came off the bench. ET could move out to the edge mid game to sub Sue for a breather with MM playing defence in the middle until JL comes off finishing with MM at hooker.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11066
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 5:42 am

Woods played a lot of ineffective minutes, backs into players can't or won't offload, gets put down on his back so we get the slowest play the ball ever, meanwhile the opposition gets to set their defence again. Over it and over Lovett and pretty much the whole team. Still angry......

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29614
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:25 am

southerntiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:23 pm
stryker wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm
26 tackles from Brooks must be career high. Defended strongly but attack was beyond woeful.
Yep he seems to find himself in very poor positions on the last tackles. He just isn't able to manage a set of six at the moment.

Its funny given he wasn't too bad at that when he first came into grade. Its not often you see a young half get worse at game management with experience.
Its like he doesn't even think about the 5th tackle until it's the 5th tackle... See what happens until we get there then work it out then... Nothing's deliberate or targeted, our sets are just random

I saw that tackle early on Hurrell and thought here we go he's had enough of playing like Bambi... He's finally gunna show some attitude... There's been a few times previously I've thought this too after an early impressive play from him, but it's always back to the same old same old.

Gould had some interesting words on him and the clubs future in general after the game

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:52 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:25 am
Gould had some interesting words on him and the clubs future in general after the game
What did he say about Brooks?

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 7:32 am

Needaname wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 1:05 am
Geo. wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:36 pm
Shout out to Jacob Liddle didn't see him het carried back at all in defence //chopped most of the Titans big men down and his defense on the goal-line was great..having said that I would go back to starting McIIwrick if he is to be in the team and Jacob play the final 60..

Brooks defended very well...Sue's second stint was good...Eisenhuth and Marsters continue to impress with their chances...

Suli might be time for a rest..
Not sure why Liddle started.
I was thinking maybe having Mc play the first 30 then Liddle playing out the game leaves us vulnerable at the end of the game if Liddle tires and a sub is not available.
IC probably had in his mind that we would still be in the grind at the 60min with a close game and the fresh sub would help tighten us up for the remainder of the match.
That being said though I liked JL starting and thought he did well. We need to consider using MM at lock for Part of the game, his no stranger to the role he came into grade as a lock / hooker and played a bit of reserve there when A fresh hooker came off the bench. ET could move out to the edge mid game to sub Sue for a breather with MM playing defence in the middle until JL comes off finishing with MM at hooker.
MM will play ISP next year. Plain as day the plan is for Liddle to play 80 minutes and to carry another big forward on the interchange. MM's game is very limited.

hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat 04 Sep, 2010 2:03 am

Post by hodgo » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 8:43 am

2 of our forwards didn't make 50 run metres in 80 min that's woeful

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 9:17 am

Sue can have that second row spot then when Lawrence comes back.

Felise getting such few minutes is annoying. He ran with venom and tackled well. Liddle would have played 80 standing on his head btw I don't think we need to carry McIlwrick on the bench I think Liddle is ready for 80 now.

Woods
Liddle
Grant
Sue
Lawrence
Taylor

Ava
Aloiai
Felise
Eisenhuth

Give Woods reduced minutes and ask him for more effort while on the field. Grant had been better than Ava over the past few weeks.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29614
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 9:26 am

upthetigers wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:52 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 6:25 am
Gould had some interesting words on him and the clubs future in general after the game
What did he say about Brooks?
There is a thread dedicated to it

His comments on where the club is at and where it should be based would upset a few I dare say

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:25 am

Naiqama 2 errors? I guess not getting close enough to bombs to get a hand on the ball and waiting for the other team to regain grubbers don't count. The two they must have counted were the u/10s dropped kick when ball had bounced into his arms and the pass into row 14

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5176
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:43 am

southerntiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm
Only 1 forward over 100 metres. Lovett 20 metres in 62 minutes. Gee
Sue is a forward Southern, still not good enough though.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5176
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:50 am

Needaname wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 1:05 am
Geo. wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:36 pm
Shout out to Jacob Liddle didn't see him het carried back at all in defence //chopped most of the Titans big men down and his defense on the goal-line was great..having said that I would go back to starting McIIwrick if he is to be in the team and Jacob play the final 60..

Brooks defended very well...Sue's second stint was good...Eisenhuth and Marsters continue to impress with their chances...

Suli might be time for a rest..
Not sure why Liddle started.
I was thinking maybe having Mc play the first 30 then Liddle playing out the game leaves us vulnerable at the end of the game if Liddle tires and a sub is not available.
IC probably had in his mind that we would still be in the grind at the 60min with a close game and the fresh sub would help tighten us up for the remainder of the match.
That being said though I liked JL starting and thought he did well. We need to consider using MM at lock for Part of the game, his no stranger to the role he came into grade as a lock / hooker and played a bit of reserve there when A fresh hooker came off the bench. ET could move out to the edge mid game to sub Sue for a breather with MM playing defence in the middle until JL comes off finishing with MM at hooker.
Good thoughts mate.

Maybe Cleary wanted to know how long Liddle could last (see where he is at).
I think he may have a decent short kicking game as well, but told not to use it or maybe reluctant to use it off his own bat. His defence again was very good.

Brooks needs to practice threading that ball through opposition legs though... he is probably running at 10% success at this stage. On the bright side his defence was really good with Hurrell and Proctor running at him all night.

Post Reply