Lolohea

WT2K

Re: Lolohea

Post by WT2K » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 6:24 pm

His stats for today -
1 try assist, 3 line break assists, 2 tackle breaks, 6 runs for 45m, 24 tackles (3 missed), 6 from 7 goals
No more plodders!
:sign:

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 6:37 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 5:46 pm
What a big step up. Last few weeks he has been running across field and today he ran straight and even better was his ability to hold the pass .... I am looking forward to his development and Ivan is the man to build him up.

If Watson comes on board then there is always this possibility for the spine ...

1 Watson
6 Lolohea
7 Brooks
9 Reynolds
Assuming Watson is coming I think it's going to be Brooks, Watson, Reynolds and Lolohea battling for 3 spots. Liddle & McIlwrick will have the 9 spot locked down.

Injuries will occur so they will all get plenty of chances.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 12:51 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 4:51 pm
Best game for the club by far.

He looked really good sweeping into our backline at 2nd receiver. He really straightened the attack which was a big reason we were getting numbers.

Through some nice passes and kicks as well. Defensively sound.
He and Brooks will work very well together provided they both keep playing to both sides of the field, especially when they chime in together, that gives the opposition more food for thought.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 7:36 am

He has the x factor and performs well even though he is not at best playing weight. Erin Clark, who was purchased by the Raiders from NZ Warriors when they missed out on Lolohea, is also badly overweight. You start to wonder whether this is an issue for the NZ Warriors.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 8:11 am

Check out Brooks' post game interview. Tui looks like Frank the tank from "Old School".....we're going streaking!!

Well done to him for a strong game today and like many have said there is still plenty of improvement in him, esp when he gets his fitness up to standard.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 8:37 am

Have to admit was not sold at all on Tui but was pleased with his game today. Great confidence builder.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 9:06 am

greatodensraven wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 8:11 am
Check out Brooks' post game interview. Tui looks like Frank the tank from "Old School".....we're going streaking!!

Well done to him for a strong game today and like many have said there is still plenty of improvement in him, esp when he gets his fitness up to standard.
I keep thinking Owen Cragie every time I see him play!!! Just lets hope he doesn't end up like Cragie

Lakra

Post by Lakra » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 9:59 am

Reminds me of a mini me Benji Marshall good step, good hands, tackles about the same only difference is we forgave Benji for his mistakes most of the time because he won us a 2005 premiership , this bloke needs to prove himself which is a little unfair based on his style of game which will hopefully win us more than it loses us.. I thought his first half was great. don't be too hard on him if he has a shocker, not many footballers have the x factor about them this bloke has a talent of which might reach a high level? get behind him the rest of this year it should be about development.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:27 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 6:20 pm
And, the other pleasing thing about LOLO has been his goal kicking
His % is actually up this season compared to his career %

I think the try scorers are making a conscious effort to put the ball close to the post as well which helps..
Have a look at his approach as he comes into kick for goal. It reminds me so much of Nathan Cleary's goal kicking approach. Coincidence?

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:42 am

The best thing about this going forwards is that we have two very different players in Brooks and Lolohea. This removes the confusion between who manages a game and allows for an expansive style where both players compliment. We will really start to see the benefit of having two players whose roles do not collide.
Clearly has identified with this and allowed Brooks to play closer to the middle of the field alongside Liddle where I believe Brooks is at his best when he touches the ball just off the edge of the ruck.
Great to see the old fashioned set up as opposed to the left and right we've become accustomed to in the NRL.
Credit to Lolohea despite looking unfit for having the obvious match fitness to be able to get around the field the way he does.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:53 am

What I like most is Tui is a threat close to the line, he is big enough and has the footwork to break tackles with the ball. Brooks is over-telegraphed, I like that he is running and I think he is under instruction to run more, but he seems to predetermine his runs rather than looking at what is in front of him.

As such Tui is dangerous close to their line and Brooks not so much, and we haven't had a genuine on-line threat for some time.

Downside is Tui's kicking is still average, he had some better long kicks yesterday but short kicking he doesn't have much touch. Like his goal-kicking, the fundamental ability is there but he's way too punchy.

Brooks on the other hand has a huge boot and a nice long-distance grubber, plus he has a deft touch, but man he so often kicks into opposition legs and lands the drop-punts about 2m too deep.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 11:29 am

FreddyK wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 5:46 pm
What a big step up. Last few weeks he has been running across field and today he ran straight and even better was his ability to hold the pass .... I am looking forward to his development and Ivan is the man to build him up.

If Watson comes on board then there is always this possibility for the spine ...

1 Watson
6 Lolohea
7 Brooks
9 Reynolds
I think if Watson comes on board (and I'm not too fussed) how about:

1. Lolohea
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
9. Liddle

14. Watson or he could have a shot at centre if he is good enough.

He has only played about 27 part NRL games for one of the best teams in the comp - encouraging but not outstanding enough to start pushing people out of their position.

Playing Reynolds at 9 (a waste), wasting Liddle and McIlwrick in reserve grade - all to accomodate a player that may work is not on imo.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 12:59 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:53 am
What I like most is Tui is a threat close to the line, he is big enough and has the footwork to break tackles with the ball. Brooks is over-telegraphed, I like that he is running and I think he is under instruction to run more, but he seems to predetermine his runs rather than looking at what is in front of him.

As such Tui is dangerous close to their line and Brooks not so much, and we haven't had a genuine on-line threat for some time.

Downside is Tui's kicking is still average, he had some better long kicks yesterday but short kicking he doesn't have much touch. Like his goal-kicking, the fundamental ability is there but he's way too punchy.

Brooks on the other hand has a huge boot and a nice long-distance grubber, plus he has a deft touch, but man he so often kicks into opposition legs and lands the drop-punts about 2m too deep.

Brooks to me is now taking the hit when play breaks down outside him rather than throwing the short or face ball just becausr it's part of the structure. ...it's good to see...his linebreaks have come from sniffing around the middle which is playing off the cuff...A few tries have been created on the back of Brooks running it close to the line...

Lolohea is showing more with less each game both have been defending well which is great...

The Forwards deserve a lot of credit fot yesterday as they gave both halves a platform to work off...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

willow

Post by willow » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 5:32 pm

One thing I noticed in the Luke Brooks post-match video on the WT websitee is how much fat Lolohea is carrying on him at the moment. He walked past Brooks without his jumper on and...well the poor bloke has a muffin top.

I'm sure if he drops 3-5kg heading into next season his speed and footwork will be so much better, not to mention his energy.