Mon 03 Jul, 2017 11:17 am
TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 9:43 am
stryker wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 9:28 am
Spartan117 wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 8:53 am

Last time I checked

None of us here were / Are first or reserve graders.

My very good friend is a current NRL captain and he made a very interesting comment once.

something along " The number of Fat $&^% that tell me how I should be playing is funny".

Lets be realistic in our assessment of others in an area that we are nowhere as good.
Your friend sounds like an ignorant idiot. It has been proven many times that top line players cant coach and vice versa. To write off the comments of punters because they havent "been there, done that" themselves is stupid and arrogant.
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere here claims that the writers said that they could do better. They (and me) are being critical of a player's performance compared to other players.

Players should pay more attention to the fans, their public, as they are getting paid big money playing a game in the public forum, only for the benefit of the fans. Referring to fans as "fat %$%$" shows a lack or respect. Some fans lose their right to respect through their behaviour, sure, but all fans will quickly lose respect for a player who treats fans like that.
Thats Ludicris

I as a professional who has risen through the ranks should pay attention to people just cause the watch TV and listen to commentators that are employed to entertain.

If Phil Gould , Joey, Lockyer makes comments that thats different to the bloke in the street, teenager or a middle aged keyboard warrior telling whats the best way to improve.

Im just saying lets put things into perspective, This generation has a belief that " the world is entitled to hear my opinion". The Facebook Generation is led to believe that just cause we can comment, we should.

Come on gents. We are better than that.
It's not about paying attention to people's opinions, it's about the rights of the fan (and everyone else) to be able to have an opinion.

Gus, Joey, Lockyer have the same right to have an opinion as the guy on the street, Not more so.

The players should only be listening to their coach anyway, none of the others, I don't care if it is Joey or Gus, that's the only opinion they should be listening to. They should also be respectful of everyone's opinion and not be disrespectful to fans.

magpiecol
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 4:42 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 11:14 am
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 10:44 am

He was marker when Knights crashed over from DH for their first try.

he was marker but he had about a 10m gap next to him cause woods was too lazy to come across and shut it. that try was more on woods then edwards imo
Are you talking about the try that should not have been?

It was Brooks who was at marker, and was taken out, by Levi I think. Totally illegal every day of the week.

In my opinion, and I am not a big fan of Edwards, I thought he had a great game. Hit very hard and often.

Well done.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 5:53 pm

Yeh I wonder if woods was credited for that tackle he didn't do but should have that led to their 2nd try

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 6:27 pm

I don't get the "let's see you do better argument". If you go to a restaurant and the food tastes like crap and you complain, how would you react if the chef came out and asked you if you could have done a better job cooking? I think it's a reflection of how weak society is that people can't handle criticism.

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Swordy » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm

stryker wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 9:28 am
Spartan117 wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 8:53 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 8:13 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 8:10 pm
Thats because they arent first graders.
Edwards has played over 100 games. Not sure if that's enough games to constitute a first grader.
Last time I checked

None of us here were / Are first or reserve graders.

My very good friend is a current NRL captain and he made a very interesting comment once.

something along " The number of Fat $&^% that tell me how I should be playing is funny".

Lets be realistic in our assessment of others in an area that we are nowhere as good.
Your friend sounds like an ignorant idiot. It has been proven many times that top line players cant coach and vice versa. To write off the comments of punters because they havent "been there, done that" themselves is stupid and arrogant.
Agreed. I never made the top grade, only one short. Unfortunately not at the Tigers either :( . Im pretty sure there are a couple of others here too.

I wouldnt pretend to know what i was talking about these days however, the game has changed a bit in the last 25-30 years.

Some are born with the knack, but some very good players who did play first grade and whom i still ocassionally associate with wouldnt have the first idea. Others who never made it as far as I did have football smarts that i find incredible. There is no link between the coaching skill/ideas and what they achieved in their playing days in my opinion.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 256 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 7:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 5:53 pm
Yeh I wonder if woods was credited for that tackle he didn't do but should have that led to their 2nd try
The 2nd TRY..When Gagai split the Markers ?.. it was Taylor who over chased and Marsters who was lazy at second Marker..

The 1st try that Fitzgibbon scored from dummy half Levi took out 1 marker with his play the ball ..Edwards did have a shot and Woods was very slow in coming across to assist too late ...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”