Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Telecrap report on the game

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 12:00 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 6:01 pm
tigerap wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 5:55 pm
So bloody biased against the Tigers....Why do Telecrap journos hate the Tigers so much?..
Paul Crawley is such a tool...him and Rothfield I can't stand

"The scoreline probably should have been closer given Newcastle had two tries denied by contentious decisions."

"The Knights had a deadset try pulled back for a forward pass late in the first half, while Danny Levi was desperately unlucky not to get another when he was ruled held up."

"With Newcastle desperate to get on the board before halftime, Sione Mata’utia looked to have put his brother Peter over in the corner only for the flat pass to be called forward by the touch judge."

No mentioned that we bombed two tries....and the score should've been 40odd
Just ignore them tigerap, not worth the read. Only good for when you run out of toilet paper and the shops are shut.
Haha good call Spud
Tigers tragic since 1980.

coivtny

Unread post by coivtny » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 12:48 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win every day but poor old Newcastle have had some rough calls this year. The 'forward' pass was a terrible call in my opinion but was offset to some extent by one of their tries coming from an illegal play the ball. That play the ball would be penalised 9 times out of 10. The Levi no-try was all down to the ref's call. Had he ruled try the bunker would not have overruled it.

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 1:33 pm

The pass was forward, their hooker was held up. Lolohea should have got a penalty for being pulled down from a kick and they were lucky to get a penalty when Ross planted the ball from the ingoal and was supposedly pushed back. I don't see what we could have done really.

That said, overall I think we did okay from the officials for a change.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 3:02 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 12:47 am
tigerap wrote:
So bloody biased against the Tigers....Why do Telecrap journos hate the Tigers so much?..

"The scoreline probably should have been closer given Newcastle had two tries denied by contentious decisions."

"The Knights had a deadset try pulled back for a forward pass late in the first half, while Danny Levi was desperately unlucky not to get another when he was ruled held up."

"With Newcastle desperate to get on the board before halftime, Sione Mata’utia looked to have put his brother Peter over in the corner only for the flat pass to be called forward by the touch judge."

It's called an agenda, and the tools at the telecrap have had one for years against the Tigers.
Hey Willow,does the drunk have an agenda against us because of the two clubs merging,or has he had a set against some board members or admin over the years..?.he just keeps at us and at us ...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 3:34 pm

Tell Rothfield that the Sharks have won the wooden spoon three times. The previous one was as recent as 2014.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 5:36 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 3:02 pm
willow wrote:
tigerap wrote:

It's called an agenda, and the tools at the telecrap have had one for years against the Tigers.
Hey Willow,does the drunk have an agenda against us because of the two clubs merging,or has he had a set against some board members or admin over the years..?.he just keeps at us and at us ...
He gets next to no official info from the club and takes it personally. If he bothered to do his research and write with a bit of nous and respect things may have been different but he writes a lot of crap and the WT don't tolerate fools when it comes to the journos.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 12:18 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 5:36 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 3:02 pm
willow wrote:
tigerap wrote:

He gets next to no official info from the club and takes it personally. If he bothered to do his research and write with a bit of nous and respect things may have been different but he writes a lot of crap and the WT don't tolerate fools when it comes to the journos.
Thank you Willow for your reply....seems as though he knows that people think he is a fool and is trying to justify himself with inadequate journalism...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

magpiecol
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 4:14 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 02 Jul, 2017 6:13 pm
The held up one was never a try. What is he even talking about? Fair point on the forward pass but we let them back in the game and they didn't take their chances.

Obviously very upset we got the win and aren't the worst coached worst managed team with the worst players in the history of the league
When I first saw the ruling of a forward pass, I thought that the Knights were a little unlucky. However, upon watching the replay I noticed the point where the pass was delivered, was a long way BACK from the point of acceptance of the pass.

Check it out.

magpiecol
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 4:17 pm

coivtny wrote:
Mon 03 Jul, 2017 12:48 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win every day but poor old Newcastle have had some rough calls this year. The 'forward' pass was a terrible call in my opinion but was offset to some extent by one of their tries coming from an illegal play the ball. That play the ball would be penalised 9 times out of 10. The Levi no-try was all down to the ref's call. Had he ruled try the bunker would not have overruled it.
They may have as the call was not that Levi was held up, but that he had lost control of the ball in the in-goal area.

You are dead set correct in regard to the illegal play the ball. Brooks was taken out by Levi ( I think ) and he did not have an opportunity to tackle the dummy half. It should not have been a try but a penalty to Wests.

It really should have been at least 30 nil at half time. Game over.

Return to “Round 17: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”