CEO Update - Justin Pascoe..June..

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: CEO Update - Justin Pascoe..June..

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 8:22 am

Very pleasing update from our CEO...we are going through a bad patch on the field atm,as many clubs do over different periods in time,however off the field we are going forward in leaps and bounds.
Next year with the new signings and other players stepping up we will start winning games,the interest in the team and games will increase and so will the crowds at the games..
I must say that here in my area which is the Southern Highlands of NSW,the WTs have been to many of the schools and sports grounds promoting Rugby League and giving clinics,the attendance to these have been great...
We have many people who support our club but can't get to games,but the SUPPORT is there,I presume other areas would report the same..
I look forward to a great season next year,new coach,new players and a new culture.....what's there not to be excited about....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Buffalo
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Buffalo » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 8:37 am

way overdue update. Sit on your hands and say nothing and the journos will make something up to fill the gap. Nonetheless any communication is good

"In 2016 Wests Tigers averaged a home crowd of 15,390
Only the Broncos, Cowboys and Storm had a higher average crowd
Wests Tigers were the number one Sydney team" probably bolstered by the Easter home game against the Eels at ANZ

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 8:44 am

It's evident the club has next to no relationship with the Daily Telegraph.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 9:22 am

Yossarian wrote:
Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:54 pm
This club has always been a sleeping giant. Given the lack of onfield success it's a miracle we're as strong as we are off it. We have the roster in place next year to be competitive and make the finals.
Forum member citizen tiger called those dribblers at talkin sport yesterday with a great call along these lines... I don't often agree with him but he was spot on yesterday arguing demographics and geographics which really showed the DTs poll for what is worth. Sfa

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 9:23 am

Good way for Pascoe to stick it up Rothfield without actually lowering himself to directly reply to him.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

der Tiger

Unread post by der Tiger » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 9:49 am

Looks like the DT has an article about this but it is behind a paywall. I'm not giving them a cent...

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 10:05 am

i like it, i like it a lot!

Needaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Needaname » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 10:21 am

Daily telegraph article.
Personally would of prefered if it end up in the hands of SMH.

Wests Tigers send letter to fans to allay fears the club could be squeezed out of Sydney
CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI, The Daily Telegraph
June 27, 2017 8:36pm
Subscriber only
WESTS Tigers boss Justin Pascoe moved quickly to allay any fears his club could be squeezed out of Sydney by emphatically declaring to the club’s members: “We are going nowhere.’’

In a letter obtained by The Daily Telegraph, Pascoe rammed home the message the Tigers were actually on track to turn over a profit in 2018, and “financially we’re in the best position we’ve ever been in’’.

The timing of Pascoe’s monthly letter came on the same day the Tigers remained the favourites to be given the chop from Sydney for the sake of launching a second Brisbane team.

Nearly 18,000 readers had taken part in an exclusive Daily Telegraph online poll by 7pm Tuesday night, with 37 per cent of votes calling for the Tigers to be the team to make way if the nine Sydney clubs became eight.

The next best club were premiers Cronulla who polled just 12 per cent.

Clearly unimpressed with the poll results, Pascoe presented his case as to why the club is not going anywhere.

“Let’s get things straight. The Wests Tigers are not going anywhere,’’ Pascoe said.

“Revenue is up across the business and we’re on track for a strong financial result this year. We have amazing fan support with 2017 another record year for membership.

“We have no current loan with the NRL, and under the new proposed NRL funding structure, we expect to be profitable in 2018.

“In doing so we will be one of just a handful of NRL clubs to turn a profit. We are building a successful club that is sustainable.

“Our future is secure. We have a license agreement with the NRL that states the game is not entitled to direct or compel any club to relocate.

“As well as that the NRL cannot direct or compel any club to merge or enter into a joint venture, and cannot force the change of identity, logo, name or branding.’’

Pascoe added membership was up and they were closing in on 18,000 members for the first time.

Talk of reducing the number of Sydney clubs from nine to eight has become a hot topic since colleague Buzz Rothfield raised the issue on Monday.

The sight of an empty Campbelltown Sports Stadium for the Tigers’ clash against the Gold Coast last Friday night — the official attendance was just 6891 — prompted Rothfield to spark the debate about the merits of a second Brisbane team at the expense of a Sydney club.

The Tigers position on the ladder, and the fact they failed to retain star fullback James Tedesco and skipper Aaron Woods for next year — as well as Mitchell Moses — has led to plenty of backlash around Tiger Town.

Needaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Needaname » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 10:21 am

der Tiger wrote:
Wed 28 Jun, 2017 9:49 am
Looks like the DT has an article about this but it is behind a paywall. I'm not giving them a cent...

FYI, Google the title then open the article directly in incognito tab and you can sometimes get around the subscribing.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by oldprop » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 10:23 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Wed 28 Jun, 2017 8:44 am
It's evident the club has next to no relationship with the Daily Telegraph.
Yes, Ivan doesn't like responding to their texts and calls. Neither would I but I guess we'll have to think about building bridges. I know the DT is a complete rag but a lot of punters read the stupid thing. Would you believe that back in the 1960s my father was a sub editor there.
Need more props.

gallagher
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by gallagher » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 10:58 am

"The timing of Pascoe’s monthly letter came on the same day the Tigers remained the favourites to be given the chop from Sydney for the sake of launching a second Brisbane team".

What a joke. Trying to make an opinion from Rothfield as being an NRL objective.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 11:51 am

BodhiTiger wrote:
Tue 27 Jun, 2017 11:07 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:42 pm
Next year is an automatic renew for me. That hasn't been the case for me since 2012.
The club should see this negativity towards us as an opportunity and use it to get more membership numbers for 2018. Reading press releases like that inspire me to join.
New Team, New Direction a little Rocky music maybe a bit of eye of the tiger!
Shut up and take my money! Where do I sign? :D
:sign: Thats how I feel

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 11:53 am

All the waffling in the world won't mean anything unless we start winning games - then he won't need to bother writing this stuff.
Words of how wonderful our club is and hearing other supporters getting on the bus doesn't make me feel like a winner as I watch us flounder on the field every week.

jirskyr
Has liked: 102 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 11:57 am

stryker wrote:
Wed 28 Jun, 2017 12:50 am
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 27 Jun, 2017 11:44 pm
stryker wrote:
Tue 27 Jun, 2017 10:50 pm
It is not particularly well written (which does make it seem more relateable), but the content is encouraging and is a good reply to calls for the club to be relocated or merged. Nice job.
Send him your critique of his styling.
His styling to members is purposeful, as i said.
So it's purposefully not well written? Doesn't that end up making it well written?

tigertuff
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by tigertuff » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 12:17 pm

gallagher wrote:
Wed 28 Jun, 2017 12:35 am
The club need to print shirts of a bus running over a beetroot headed drunk holding a typewriter.
Love it - I will buy one for sure

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 12:38 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 27 Jun, 2017 9:27 pm
I have no doubts that our current board are exactly what we need in order for this club to truly flourish and prosper. Marina Go and Justin Pascoe have certainly picked up their game and are turning this club around, and like stated in the update, we will become one of the great clubs in this competition soon enough. The board certainly made no faults in the appointment of IC. Can't wait til 2018, first year I will become a member!
Become a member now. That's how you show your true colours. I know it was late but i renewed mine and my son's yesterday. Just supporter memberships without game tickets as i live in Newcastle and work a 3 day weekend roster so can't make it to games

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 259 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 12:53 pm

Perhaps Justin also has KPI's to meet in regard to positive press...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 12:55 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 28 Jun, 2017 12:53 pm
Perhaps Justin also has KPI's to meet in regard to positive press...
He's no Twitter savant like Grant Mayer...
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Return to “Wests Tigers CEO Updates”