maxxy86 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:39 pm
formerguest wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:34 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:06 pm
Fraze23 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 3:54 pm
I'm sick of watching games where it's refereed towards an outcome for the top placed side. That call against Brooks changed the game. Nofoaluma should have stayed on his wing, but the momentum completely shifted after that. If we were to tap it on our 40 instead of turning over possession it would have been a completely different game.

But hey, no one will ever talk about it because it's just the tigers.
Nope not the way I saw it.....after defending 2 sets on our line leading by 8 luke thought it a good idea for a fast play the ball. The guy has no feel for a game
He was lying on the ground and the opposition player moved his hand about a foot to knock the ball out.
No no no no!!
He's done this before, watch it again he was trying to leaver himself up with the ball for a quick ptb. Stupid stupid play 5 m out from your own goal line.
Stupid play, really? I, or anyone else for that matter can watch it a thousand times and it won't change the fact that you are wrong. The ball was on his chest and he was on his back, so can you please explain how in hell he was levering himself off the ground, let alone done it before.

Sorry to get annoyed, but he played pretty good today and if not for this ridiculous non-call of a penalty, probably would be getting praised by all (except those with blinkers) for his role in a win, as it changed the momentum of the game.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:03 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:59 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
formerguest wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

Nope not the way I saw it.....after defending 2 sets on our line leading by 8 luke thought it a good idea for a fast play the ball. The guy has no feel for a game
He was lying on the ground and the opposition player moved his hand about a foot to knock the ball out.
No no no no!!
He's done this before, watch it again he was trying to leaver himself up with the ball for a quick ptb. Stupid stupid play 5 m out from your own goal line.
Stupid play, really? I, or anyone else for that matter can watch it a thousand times and it won't change the fact that you are wrong. The ball was on his chest and he was on his back, so can you please explain how in hell he was levering himself off the ground, let alone done it before.

Sorry to get annoyed, but he played pretty good today and if not for this ridiculous non-call of a penalty, probably would be getting praised by all (except those with blinkers) for his role in a win, as it changed the momentum of the game.
I'm recording the replay....so I will have another watch...watch this space!
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:04 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:07 pm
Great teams overcome adversity...
....and Wests Tigers are adversity. Thats why we are overcome so often. Just ask the refs.
"Quality Stupidity"

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:21 pm

We got penalised a couple of times for slowing down the play the ball while Manly seemed to be able to take their time, the hair pull on the Urban Bumpkin should have resulted in the sin bin while the failure to penalise Kelly for the strip on Brooks was definitely a game changer.
Half the time I don't know what the penalty is for but for two of our penalties is was pretty evident but as far as the penalties to Manly 2-1 it just about made winning impossible.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:25 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
formerguest wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 3:54 pm
I'm sick of watching games where it's refereed towards an outcome for the top placed side. That call against Brooks changed the game. Nofoaluma should have stayed on his wing, but the momentum completely shifted after that. If we were to tap it on our 40 instead of turning over possession it would have been a completely different game.

But hey, no one will ever talk about it because it's just the tigers.
No no no no!!
Maxxy, it was punched out..Brian Kelly I think

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:25 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
formerguest wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

No no no no!!
Still not convinced on the penalty and I still reckon he was about to put the ball on the ground for a quick ptb. Or at least it was poor ball control for the position of the ground. End of the day he just fluffed it up tho.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 8:21 pm

Forget what you think he was about to do....watch what happened its there and we all can see it bar you...they even replayed it during the broadcast in slo mo

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 8:21 pm
Forget what you think he was about to do....watch what happened its there and we all can see it bar you...they even replayed it during the broadcast in slo mo
I saw poor ball control really..... Honestly but I'm surely not the only one to see this really.
Notice the players around him didn't blow up at all after the call. Luke didn't say anything either.

shifty

Post by shifty » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:23 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:19 pm
innsaneink wrote:
I saw poor ball control really..... Honestly but I'm surely not the only one to see this really.
Notice the players around him didn't blow up at all after the call. Luke didn't say anything either.
Hes not used to winning, probably thought he had no chance anyways. Its a penalty any day of the week for any team except the Tigers. Was a rubbish call.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:27 pm

So you didnt see Kelly punch the ball out? I guess you overlooked that

Hilarious you think players saying something to the ref means anything....when was the last time a player convinced a ref to change his mind?

Denial maxxy...youre in it

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:27 pm
So you didnt see Kelly punch the ball out? I guess you overlooked that

Hilarious you think players saying something to the ref means anything....when was the last time a player convinced a ref to change his mind?

Denial maxxy...youre in it
Luke should have had more control of that ball....idk maybe I'm not that bigger tigers fan like I used to be.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:48 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Well the ref saw something that the rest of us did not see as well. Once again, sorry for my earlier terse response, just in a poor mood and as it was so obvious, it annoyed me more than any decision since Sims kicked the second ball on the field.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 11:47 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 9:48 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Well the ref saw something that the rest of us did not see as well. Once again, sorry for my earlier terse response, just in a poor mood and as it was so obvious, it annoyed me more than any decision since Sims kicked the second ball on the field.
Nah its all good I'm pretty thick skinned.....but that incident was the turning point today. I hated that Newcastle second ball thing also.

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 12:55 am

That was a howler, the ref missed it, even the commentators mentioned it, and it was the turning point of the match. No wonder we only had 40% of the ball in the second half with decisions like that.

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 3:42 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:44 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 7:25 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
formerguest wrote:

No no no no!!
Still not convinced on the penalty and I still reckon he was about to put the ball on the ground for a quick ptb. Or at least it was poor ball control for the position of the ground. End of the day he just fluffed it up tho.
Nah mate, you're plain wrong. I have the replay and its not at all the case. He wasn't getting up when it got punched out of his hand. Its a shocker of a call.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 8:01 am

Till the NRL allow coaches the right to come out and highlight the refs blunders in the public domain nothing will ever happen. At present they send a report off to Tony Archer a few words are exchanged behind closed doors and the problem gets swept under the carpet. If they were allowed to actually come out and say we were robbed and this is why, the NRL would than be forced to have some accountability,

For the record I think Manly was always going to run over the top of us with a two man bench, but we were never given a fair chance

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 8:09 am

Haven't seen a replay and not fussed to be honest, however how did Manly get an overlap from a scrum?!?!?

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 9:01 am

maxxy86 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

poor ball control is when youre in the middle of being tackled, looking for an offload and the ball gets knocked out.

when youre on the ground, about to get up and play it, then someone punches the ball from your hand its not poor ball control its a penalty.

we had defended 2 sets on our line and had rightfully got the ball back. that decision didnt cost us the game. youll cop them and its upto us to defend them better. however we arent at that level yet