Penalty count today?

supercoach

Re: Penalty count today?

Post by supercoach » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 4:51 pm

Without doubt we got some shocking calls, but when your coming second last you get average calls. It should not be the case but the fancied team always gets the run of the green

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:00 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 3:54 pm
I'm sick of watching games where it's refereed towards an outcome for the top placed side. That call against Brooks changed the game. Nofoaluma should have stayed on his wing, but the momentum completely shifted after that. If we were to tap it on our 40 instead of turning over possession it would have been a completely different game.

But hey, no one will ever talk about it because it's just the tigers.
It's frustrating isn't it? It's not like we need any help to lose a game, but for some reason the refs usually think we do!

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:03 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 4:51 pm
Without doubt we got some shocking calls, but when your coming second last you get average calls. It should not be the case but the fancied team always gets the run of the green
That simply dosent cut it when bunker could've overturned Brooks strip. And Penrith got the rort last week as the unfancied team.
Tackle competed obvious. And we had momentum 16-8 up.
Sorta like watchinga game from the 80s. No wonder league is loosing fans.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:05 pm

supercoach wrote:

Why is this so? It makes no sense, yet it happens time and time again - just look at what happens to Newcastle most weeks. It should be the lower placed teams getting the 50/50 calls to make it a more even contest. I don't understand why they want to make the games so lopsided by favouring the team who is already most likely gonna win - it's a gross injustice, imo and I just don't understand their reasoning for it.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:06 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
I'm sick of watching games where it's refereed towards an outcome for the top placed side. That call against Brooks changed the game. Nofoaluma should have stayed on his wing, but the momentum completely shifted after that. If we were to tap it on our 40 instead of turning over possession it would have been a completely different game.

Nope not the way I saw it.....after defending 2 sets on our line leading by 8 luke thought it a good idea for a fast play the ball. The guy has no feel for a game
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:07 pm

Great teams overcome adversity...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:08 pm

supercoach wrote:
And that's what's wrong with the NRL
Tigers tragic since 1980.

shifty

Post by shifty » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:11 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:06 pm
Fraze23 wrote:

Nope not the way I saw it.....after defending 2 sets on our line leading by 8 luke thought it a good idea for a fast play the ball. The guy has no feel for a game
Attempted fast prb or not, there was a blatant hand knocking that ball out, should have been our penalty. Rorted.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:13 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:07 pm
Well Manly didn't do that last week.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:17 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:05 pm
supercoach wrote:

Why is this so? It makes no sense, yet it happens time and time again - just look at what happens to Newcastle most weeks. It should be the lower placed teams getting the 50/50 calls to make it a more even contest. I don't understand why they want to make the games so lopsided by favouring the team who is already most likely gonna win - it's a gross injustice, imo and I just don't understand their reasoning for it.
Because refs go into games with pre-concieved ideas on who they think will win...they tend to favour these teams re:50/50s

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:17 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:08 pm
supercoach wrote:
And that's what's wrong with the NRL
Agree 100%. Rember brisbane rorting GC in 1st semi last year. What a turn off.
Must admit when Fox took over this crap ceased and games wete unpredictable and the game gained popularity after all the the disappointments. But since the commission took over its like the 80s again.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:17 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:05 pm
supercoach wrote:

Because refs go into games with pre-concieved ideas on who they think will win...they tend to favour these teams re:50/50s
If they're gonna do that, then they shouldn't be refereeing at all. It's a blight on the game - one of many, but a blight just the same.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:44 pm

The penalty count was directly as a result of the media attention due to the lopsided count against Manly last week. Also we are running second last away from home added to the issue. We were rorted badly and we are not good enough to overcome bad calls which, the referees know.

18thman

Post by 18thman » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:14 pm

Fraze23 wrote:

SPOT ON.....................last year it would have been overturned by the bunker....this year....????

18thman

Post by 18thman » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:17 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:

well maxy....you weren't watching properly :roll:

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 5:07 pm
Thats it in a nutshell. It annoys me as much as anybody, but the challenge is to overcome it. Until we have a mentality ( a bit harder today being short of subs and players backing up) that setbacks will not be the end of us the results will always be the same. Do people think the NRL and refs are going to have a meeting and say lets give the low sides more 50/50's ? It aint gonna happen, we have to fight our way out of it and keep moving forward.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:34 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:

He was just about laying on the ground and the opposition player moved his hand about a foot to knock the ball out.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:39 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 16 Jul, 2017 6:34 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:

He was lying on the ground and the opposition player moved his hand about a foot to knock the ball out.
No no no no!!
He's done this before, watch it again he was trying to leaver himself up with the ball for a quick ptb. Stupid stupid play 5 m out from your own goal line.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign: