The class difference....

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times

The class difference....

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 1:02 pm

I had the opportunity to watch the game yesterday and although the team were beaten they gave a solid display and even gave the Sea Eagles a fair fright at the start...errors again from some of our players put us in a panic station position and it showed,we are going to be a much better outfit next year and at the moment I can watch a game the Tiges are playing and I get a little excited at the talent we have that need that bit of extra time and some experience around them,hopefully next season this will come..
DCE gave Brooks a good halves lesson,but Brooks will keep learning and develope into a competitive half,he needs to take control and learn how to finish off sets to put us in a good position..Killer made a couple of errors that he should not have made,however,since he has been here he has given 100 percent and the class of the opposition showed ...

Overall I didn't expect a sintillating performance but my Manly mates thought we were going to have 40 put on us before kick off...the team did well to only get beaten by the 12 points and things could easily have gone better for us..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 2:11 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 17 Jul, 2017 1:02 pm
I had the opportunity to watch the game yesterday and although the team were beaten they gave a solid display and even gave the Sea Eagles a fair fright at the start...errors again from some of our players put us in a panic station position and it showed,we are going to be a much better outfit next year and at the moment I can watch a game the Tiges are playing and I get a little excited at the talent we have that need that bit of extra time and some experience around them,hopefully next season this will come..
DCE gave Brooks a good halves lesson,but Brooks will keep learning and develope into a competitive half,he needs to take control and learn how to finish off sets to put us in a good position..Killer made a couple of errors that he should not have made,however,since he has been here he has given 100 percent and the class of the opposition showed ...

Overall I didn't expect a sintillating performance but my Manly mates thought we were going to have 40 put on us before kick off...the team did well to only get beaten by the 12 points and things could easily have gone better for us..
Good summation TT - you are right, Brooks will only get better, he is only 22 and still has lessons to learn.
I am pretty sure he will do that in the next couple of years, especially with a few older heads around him. People like Thurston and Johns were not superstars at 22 either. Nathan Cleary has jumped the age gun a bit but not everyone has an "old man" as astute as Ivan to teach him. However Brooks does now as well.

Looking forward to next year (SG thinks we have a couple of more signings in COP), should be a great year to start building a formidable "Star Team."

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 2:40 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 17 Jul, 2017 2:11 pm
TrueTiger wrote:

Good summation TT - you are right, Brooks will only get better, he is only 22 and still has lessons to learn.
I am pretty sure he will do that in the next couple of years, especially with a few older heads around him. People like Thurston and Johns were not superstars at 22 either. Nathan Cleary has jumped the age gun a bit but not everyone has an "old man" as astute as Ivan to teach him. However Brooks does now as well.

Looking forward to next year (SG thinks we have a couple of more signings in COP), should be a great year to start building a formidable "Star Team."
Well Russ,I'm as guilty of the next bloke of being caught up in the "potential hype",I did have high aspirations for Brooks,but didn't allow for the huge jump up to NRL level that some adapt to and others don't as quickly,under Ivan's tutoring Brooks will come on in leaps and bounds especially if he refines his last tackle options and his kicking skills..I do hope he does..as for SG, I hope his mail is spot on,we need a couple more big guys up front..next year should be an exciting year for our team and the fan base,it would be nice to be a team consenting for finals positions..
Tui will get better as will Marsters,Twal,Eisenhuth and Liddle( hope his recovery is swift and trouble free)...

rex2ce
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 4:39 pm

Tui has impressed me with his gradual improvement, reminds me a bit of Olsen Filipaina, if he ends up that good, will be a handful

tigerap
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 4:51 pm

TrueTiger wrote:

One thing I know for certain is......in 12 months time if Brooks is not at the level any competent half should be in steering the team around and completing our sets....Cleary will have his eye firmly on Nathan joining the WT in 2020

Russell
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 5:30 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Mon 17 Jul, 2017 4:39 pm
Tui has impressed me with his gradual improvement, reminds me a bit of Olsen Filipaina, if he ends up that good, will be a handful
Really don't think he is anything like Olsen Filipaina - but if he is by some miniscule chance ....

I hope he is the Olsen Filipaina that played for NZ and not the Olsen Filipaina that played for Balmain.

yeti
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by yeti » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 5:34 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 17 Jul, 2017 5:30 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Really don't think he is anything like Olsen Filipaina - but if he is by some miniscule chance ....

I hope he is the Olsen Filipaina that played for NZ and not the Olsen Filipaina that played for Balmain.
I was actually going to say that I hope like hell he is not like Olsen. The Big O played great once in a blue moon - and that was mostly for NZ. Tui will need to be a lot more consistent than Olsen if he is to be considered a successful acquisition.

clontarfkid
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by clontarfkid » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 6:21 pm

When yr at the game u can see the physical size difference..MW are a big team ,and are very physical 14-17 compared to us..when they stepped up the intensity around the 60 min mark by running harder,we had little left in the tank.
Bozo has bought pretty well apart from the odd dud(who is now in Melbourne)

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 8:10 pm

tigerap wrote:
Mon 17 Jul, 2017 4:51 pm
TrueTiger wrote:

One thing I know for certain is......in 12 months time if Brooks is not at the level any competent half should be in steering the team around and completing our sets....Cleary will have his eye firmly on Nathan joining the WT in 2020
I totally agree tigerap,however I think it is unfair to judge him completely this year as Moses is gone and now Brooks can start learning how to steer HIS team around the ground.I honestly think that Moses tried to show all how good he is and Brooks suffered,now is his time to start stepping up to NRL level and DOMINATING ..
Brooks will show his true colours under Ivan,wether it be good or bad for the team,he is now given the chance to excel..If Ivan can't get him to play a dominating halves game,then maybe he should be moved on..in all fairness in my opinion,Brooks has the potential to be a hard working playmaker,unlike his previous Prima Donna mate " look at me "" Moses...

bathursttiger
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Tue 18 Jul, 2017 6:39 am

rex2ce wrote:
Olsen could have been anything, but he was a very lazy trainer.
Once Tui gets a bit more conditioning he'll improve even more, here's defence is a bit of a concern but at fullback hopefully he won't have to do as much is Ivan changes the teams defences structures as he said he would.

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Tue 18 Jul, 2017 8:02 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 18 Jul, 2017 6:39 am
rex2ce wrote:
Olsen could have been anything, but he was a very lazy trainer.
Once Tui gets a bit more conditioning he'll improve even more, here's defence is a bit of a concern but at fullback hopefully he won't have to do as much is Ivan changes the teams defences structures as he said he would.
He reminds me of Owen Craigie, but hopefully gets himself fit and healthy for the 2018 season. Good signs against the silvertails.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Tue 18 Jul, 2017 8:05 am

Bla bla bla about Brooks....over him so much.He WON'T improve and I won't be proved wrong.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Return to “Round 19: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”