Tedesco & Woods

colmcd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Tedesco & Woods

Unread post by colmcd » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:43 pm

stryker wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:45 am

With only a few weeks to go id phase both out of the starting 13 and let those who are staying next year start forming combinations etc...niether give a stuff about the team, so why should we give any about them?
Agreed. Have both come off the bench. Give the team for next year a try. Move Teddy to wing or utility, if he is still getting game time. We need Woods in the forward pack, else it is Lovett ....

Reckon Cleary is bleeding Lovett/JLJ/etc just to see where they are at? I.e. give them game time too see if we will keep them for next year?

momo&medo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:46 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:43 am
Not looking forward to life without them.
I am.

LCA
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by LCA » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 6:44 pm

Snake wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:42 am
The only comment I will make is there are only 6 more games to play and I will never have to see these 2 in our club colours again good riddance!
Yes, but you are treating them equally. Just watch how good Tedesco will be behind a pack that has more mongrel and grunt than Woods ever offered him at WT.

The departure of Woods is no big deal at all. The loss of Tedesco is massive.

Earl
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by Earl » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:32 pm

stryker wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am
Really cant see how the majority of WTs fans can honestly critique Teddy and Woods. It appears the faults in their games are the only things that some are noticing or are sweating on.
Woods makes more metres than any forward and most players EVERY week, but every week I read where someone discounts that and makes note of the faults in his games. If the other forwards regularly matched or equalled his work rate we would be going a site better.
They are both on a hiding to nowhere.I dont think either had their best games yesterday but both also were significant in keeping us in it.
Some of our other forwards are on a hiding to nothing because of woods. He hogs the ball and gets slow play the balls which decreases the involvement and stats of the others. He also throws dumb off loads which further breaks down their impact. When he is out we get 2 or 3 forwards over 100m. He also provides lazy lateral defence. The pack operates better when he is not there. I believe he knows he had a shocking origin series and is going to spend the remainder of the year padding his stats to the detriment of the team, to make the WC squad.

Tedesco kills the backline momentum with his ridiculous runs. When the defence crowds him, he looks like a kid with no plan or idea what to do. He hogs the ball and only passes when its too late. His defence at the back, including positioning on kicks, is untrustworthy at best. He has been dreadful for us this year and only played SOO on reputation. He wont make the WC squad and as such will just go through the motions for the remainder of the year.

With only a few weeks to go id phase both out of the starting 13 and let those who are staying next year start forming combinations etc...niether give a stuff about the team, so why should we give any about them?
The both have their moments. Woods pass to Tedesco and then Tedesco's run yesterday was a quality piece of footy.

It'll be interesting when they are both gone though. For instance would Tui have scored that try that Tedesco did yesterday. I'm starting to think we will be better next season with them gone.

Earl
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by Earl » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:36 pm

LCA wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 6:44 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:42 am
The only comment I will make is there are only 6 more games to play and I will never have to see these 2 in our club colours again good riddance!
Yes, but you are treating them equally. Just watch how good Tedesco will be behind a pack that has more mongrel and grunt than Woods ever offered him at WT.

The departure of Woods is no big deal at all. The loss of Tedesco is massive.
This is exactly what I think. If anything losing Woods will help us out. I'm hopeful Tui can replace Tedesco. Tui looks elusive. I also think we may have a much bigger and better backline next season.

If the forward pack comes together we will be better next season.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:17 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:51 am
JLJ probably should have caught the pass, but it was still dumb of Woods to throw that pass and it lost us the game.
Tui's missed conversion lost us the game. He was complacent because it was a simple kick and he had kicked them from everywhere before that, so he rushed it. He blew it and he knew it judging by his body language at the end of the game.
He was basically straight in my eyeline between our bottom tier seats and the goalposts as he lined up that conversion and stuffed if I noticed anything different in his approach to any prior kick. For mine he simply hooked it and ended the evening with an 80% success rate.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:43 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:46 pm
criwdfluffer wrote:
I am.
Counting the days.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 141 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:01 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:43 pm
stryker wrote:

Reckon Cleary is bleeding Lovett/JLJ/etc just to see where they are at? I.e. give them game time too see if we will keep them for next year?
I reckon he has been doing that for months.

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:10 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Where have you been the last 3-4 years...

Russell
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 4:28 pm

Well there gone and we move on now.

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels”