Tedesco & Woods

innsaneink

Re: Tedesco & Woods

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:22 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:00 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:47 am
As for being a hog,he probably realised long ago that if he didn't do something, then no one else was going too.
Because he thinks this doesn't make it right... As stated he try's to create when nothing's on... He and. Woods both have the attitude at times their team mates sent good enough.... It's a team sport, always has been
So you think, that they think, that their team mates aren't good enough.( I think that's what you meant) well put simply....They're Not!!
Most of the team isn't.
And we're not a team, just a sad shadow of one.
Meh.... 17 blokes run out each week... Some play for their team mates... Some dont
Don't quote me and pretend were in a discussion if all you wanna do is bag the rest of the squad... You can do that on your own, much like teddy does

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:43 am

Not looking forward to life without them.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:56 am

Honestly it's scaary to think how the last few games would've played out if we didn't have them, but come next year we'll be bolstered by a new roster so life without them is the future of the club.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:13 am

LCA wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 6:34 am
stryker wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:03 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:34 pm
When Teddy was involved he was great, but honestly i didn't notice him in the 2nd half. Thought he was very quiet. Surprised at all the love.
Agreed he was a ghost and his defence at the back was trash again. People claiming that was his best game for us this year just proves how poor he has been. Woods was useless as per normal.
Trash defence from Tedesco? Woods "useless"? Which game were you watching? Or, did you watch at all?
To be fair i could have been watching any game from this year bar SOO game 1 but that was in reference to yesterday.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:45 am

Telltails wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am
Really cant see how the majority of WTs fans can honestly critique Teddy and Woods. It appears the faults in their games are the only things that some are noticing or are sweating on.
Woods makes more metres than any forward and most players EVERY week, but every week I read where someone discounts that and makes note of the faults in his games. If the other forwards regularly matched or equalled his work rate we would be going a site better.
They are both on a hiding to nowhere.I dont think either had their best games yesterday but both also were significant in keeping us in it.
Some of our other forwards are on a hiding to nothing because of woods. He hogs the ball and gets slow play the balls which decreases the involvement and stats of the others. He also throws dumb off loads which further breaks down their impact. When he is out we get 2 or 3 forwards over 100m. He also provides lazy lateral defence. The pack operates better when he is not there. I believe he knows he had a shocking origin series and is going to spend the remainder of the year padding his stats to the detriment of the team, to make the WC squad.

Tedesco kills the backline momentum with his ridiculous runs. When the defence crowds him, he looks like a kid with no plan or idea what to do. He hogs the ball and only passes when its too late. His defence at the back, including positioning on kicks, is untrustworthy at best. He has been dreadful for us this year and only played SOO on reputation. He wont make the WC squad and as such will just go through the motions for the remainder of the year.

With only a few weeks to go id phase both out of the starting 13 and let those who are staying next year start forming combinations etc...niether give a stuff about the team, so why should we give any about them?

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:49 am

stryker wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:13 am
LCA wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 6:34 am
stryker wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:03 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:34 pm
When Teddy was involved he was great, but honestly i didn't notice him in the 2nd half. Thought he was very quiet. Surprised at all the love.
Agreed he was a ghost and his defence at the back was trash again. People claiming that was his best game for us this year just proves how poor he has been. Woods was useless as per normal.
Trash defence from Tedesco? Woods "useless"? Which game were you watching? Or, did you watch at all?
To be fair i could have been watching any game from this year bar SOO game 1 but that was in reference to yesterday.
At one stage during the game, Johns' whispered about Woods' arm grabbing when he missed a straightforward tackle. I thought the comment was residual from the SOO debacle.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:50 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:22 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:00 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:47 am
As for being a hog,he probably realised long ago that if he didn't do something, then no one else was going too.
Because he thinks this doesn't make it right... As stated he try's to create when nothing's on... He and. Woods both have the attitude at times their team mates sent good enough.... It's a team sport, always has been
So you think, that they think, that their team mates aren't good enough.( I think that's what you meant) well put simply....They're Not!!
Most of the team isn't.
And we're not a team, just a sad shadow of one.
Meh.... 17 blokes run out each week... Some play for their team mates... Some dont
Don't quote me and pretend were in a discussion if all you wanna do is bag the rest of the squad... You can do that on your own, much like teddy does
I quoted you and answered that Quote. Nothing more, jeez you're turning into a Princess lately

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:51 am

JLJ probably should have caught the pass, but it was still dumb of Woods to throw that pass and it lost us the game.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:16 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:51 am
JLJ probably should have caught the pass, but it was still dumb of Woods to throw that pass and it lost us the game.
Many bag JLJ for dropping the ball,Woods should never have panic passed to JLJ and then the error would not have occured..You could see he wasn't set up or expecting the pass....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:17 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:51 am
Tui's missed conversion lost us the game. He was complacent because it was a simple kick and he had kicked them from everywhere before that, so he rushed it. He blew it and he knew it judging by his body language at the end of the game.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:41 am

stryker wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:45 am
Telltails wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am
Really cant see how the majority of WTs fans can honestly critique Teddy and Woods. It appears the faults in their games are the only things that some are noticing or are sweating on.
Woods makes more metres than any forward and most players EVERY week, but every week I read where someone discounts that and makes note of the faults in his games. If the other forwards regularly matched or equalled his work rate we would be going a site better.
They are both on a hiding to nowhere.I dont think either had their best games yesterday but both also were significant in keeping us in it.
Some of our other forwards are on a hiding to nothing because of woods. He hogs the ball and gets slow play the balls which decreases the involvement and stats of the others. He also throws dumb off loads which further breaks down their impact. When he is out we get 2 or 3 forwards over 100m. He also provides lazy lateral defence. The pack operates better when he is not there. I believe he knows he had a shocking origin series and is going to spend the remainder of the year padding his stats to the detriment of the team, to make the WC squad.

Tedesco kills the backline momentum with his ridiculous runs. When the defence crowds him, he looks like a kid with no plan or idea what to do. He hogs the ball and only passes when its too late. His defence at the back, including positioning on kicks, is untrustworthy at best. He has been dreadful for us this year and only played SOO on reputation. He wont make the WC squad and as such will just go through the motions for the remainder of the year.

With only a few weeks to go id phase both out of the starting 13 and let those who are staying next year start forming combinations etc...niether give a stuff about the team, so why should we give any about them?
Just dont see it that way Stryker. Quick play the balls much easier for players who are tackled one on one.Woods is tackled consistently with three and four blokes lying all over him and yes regularly doing every thing to get him on his back and taking their time to get off him - good tactics by opposing teams. His off loads arnt all effective, but generally they are not with all players who offload the ball but when they come off - you get the only great attacking movement we produced all day - and yes agree with all who said he should never have thrown that ball to LJL. His defence is average at the best of times I will grant that.
I take your views on board but for me he is the one forward who consistently gets our team going forward and I dont rely on the stats to see that.
As for Teddy not in his best form but still miles and miles ahead of anything we have got atm and unless injured I believe you always pick your best team.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:58 am

I believe some guys are letting their anger with these guys get in the way of their judgement. Hard not to do for any passionate fan, but really in all fairness these two are trying hard in a team that is pretty average. They are consistently amongst the better performers each week. As for Teddy's running style, it is generally because he is trying to make something out of nothing because there is no real attacking movement, so he jinks around and probes the line a lot. Watch him off Keary, Pearce and sniffing around Roosters forwards. As for Woods, "it is what it is", lots of runs and metres that are fairly slow and average, good minutes and solid work ethic without anything earthshattering - that's Aaron Woods.
But to say they haven't been trying is not fair. I agree that if the rest of the group were putting in an equal effort or having the same impression on any game as these two, then we'd be doing better than we are.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:07 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:58 am
I believe some guys are letting their anger with these guys get in the way of their judgement. Hard not to do for any passionate fan, but really in all fairness these two are trying hard in a team that is pretty average. They are consistently amongst the better performers each week. As for Teddy's running style, it is generally because he is trying to make something out of nothing because there is no real attacking movement, so he jinks around and probes the line a lot. Watch him off Keary, Pearce and sniffing around Roosters forwards. As for Woods, "it is what it is", lots of runs and metres that are fairly slow and average, good minutes and solid work ethic without anything earthshattering - that's Aaron Woods.
But to say they haven't been trying is not fair. I agree that if the rest of the group were putting in an equal effort or having the same impression on any game as these two, then we'd be doing better than we are.
You're probably right, but I don't like it. ;)
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:13 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:07 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
You're probably right, but I don't like it. ;)
Yep, TT, neither do I!

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 5:34 am
Woods overplaying his hand as well at Times.
Its like he thinks hes the big kid in u/10s that scores all the trys, has to do it himself...multi hit ups in one set and being at first reciever at really the wrong times
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Something from the u/10s and certainly not what is expected of a first grade player who is also the captain.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:43 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Yep you're spot on! Some people need to get some perspective and grow up a bit regarding their comments about these guys. One person posted in another thread yesterday that there is a special placed in hell reserved for betrayers like them :shock: seriously??? We're not talking about Hitler or Idi Amin here, they're just footballers for God's sake!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:47 pm

You need to try and land on hands and knees to get a quick ptb.... Will never ever happen backing into the opposition.
He does occasionally get a good o/l away as we saw yesterday, when he doesn't we either lose ground or the next hit ups on a hiding to nothing

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:18 pm

Disagree Spartan 117 - payments are very subjective.

If you think we are paying overs for Matulino (475), Packer (630) and Lolohea (450) you are kidding yourself.