Tedesco & Woods

momo&medo

Re: Tedesco & Woods

Post by momo&medo » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:44 pm

I said it in another thread .... so let me just say I am not impressed with either player.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 11:23 pm

I thought Tedesco was over-involved again. Nice try yeah and he tried hard, he always tries hard, but almost a case of over-trying.

He's gotten to the point where, in an effort to find gaps to run at, he stops and props and jigs and runs himself into the ground; it reminds me of his first proper season with his running style.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 5:34 am

Woods overplaying his hand as well at Times.
Its like he thinks hes the big kid in u/10s that scores all the trys, has to do it himself...multi hit ups in one set and being at first reciever at really the wrong times

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 6:17 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 5:34 am
Woods overplaying his hand as well at Times.
Its like he thinks hes the big kid in u/10s that scores all the trys, has to do it himself...multi hit ups in one set and being at first reciever at really the wrong times
I agree that he is a hog with the ball. While I admit, that the number of metre gainers in the team are few and far between, I think Woods takes to many hit ups. I get really sick of seeing him taking a second run in a set of six near the opposition line on the 4th or 5th tackle. Slow running, slow play the ball, it does nothing but jolt the attack.

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 6:34 am

stryker wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:03 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:34 pm
When Teddy was involved he was great, but honestly i didn't notice him in the 2nd half. Thought he was very quiet. Surprised at all the love.
Agreed he was a ghost and his defence at the back was trash again. People claiming that was his best game for us this year just proves how poor he has been. Woods was useless as per normal.
Trash defence from Tedesco? Woods "useless"? Which game were you watching? Or, did you watch at all?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:33 am

Tedesco at his worst , is still better than most of the others that we have, at their best.
The only place that I've seen where it's said that he wasn't good is here. . According to the commentators on radio gave him a big wrap. But what would they know????

As for being a hog,he probably realised long ago that if he didn't do something, then no one else was going too.
Unfortunately, his best won't be seen in club football until next year,
whenhe will have more confidence in those around him
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:34 am

The thing i dont like about Woods is the way he backs into the Tackle, He has been doing this for for the last two seasons now.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:42 am

The only comment I will make is there are only 6 more games to play and I will never have to see these 2 in our club colours again good riddance!

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:46 am

tigerbenji wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:34 am
The thing i dont like about Woods is the way he backs into the Tackle, He has been doing this for for the last two seasons now.
He does it because he wants to get the offload away. Problem is, the defence wrap he arms and then he can't offload and it makes him extremly vulnerable for the defense to wrestle him to the ground, slowing the PTB.

You are more likely to get and offload by running flat out at the defensive line and knocking defenders out of your way that try to take your arms. Then you can get an offload out to a support player backing up.

The top 5 offloaders in the comp are: Taupau, Lafai, Nofa, Fifita and JDB. These players are known for going hard into the line and it results in offloads.

Running Backwards=Slow PTB
Running Hard= Offload and Fast PTB

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:47 am

As for being a hog,he probably realised long ago that if he didn't do something, then no one else was going too.
Because he thinks this doesn't make it right... As stated he try's to create when nothing's on... He and. Woods both have the attitude at times their team mates sent good enough.... It's a team sport, always has been

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:00 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:47 am
Because he thinks this doesn't make it right... As stated he try's to create when nothing's on... He and. Woods both have the attitude at times their team mates sent good enough.... It's a team sport, always has been
So you think, that they think, that their team mates aren't good enough.( I think that's what you meant) well put simply....They're Not!!
Most of the team isn't.
And we're not a team, just a sad shadow of one.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:06 am

innsaneink wrote:
The comments that Tedesco is trying too hard or whatever don't cut it do they. The reality is that these two aren't performing well enough. Woods is performing to the best of his ability but he isn't very good. Tedesco comes up with poor plays because he hogs it..

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:07 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:00 am
innsaneink wrote:
So you think, that they think, that their team mates aren't good enough.( I think that's what you meant) well put simply....They're Not!!
Most of the team isn't.
And we're not a team, just a sad shadow of one.
And yet everyone says good players make other players look better. Maybe Tedesco and Woods aren't as good as what you think they are. They definitely aren't good team players.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:08 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:32 pm
Best game of the year by Teddy by a long way.

Woods didnt have a good game IMO. That pass to JLJ at the end was stupid. He play wasnt on. Complete low percentage play.

Was at the game today and it was noticeable how slow Woods was in the play the ball. Gee you would hate to take a hit up after Woods.

He can make some metres but im looking forward to have BM and RP next year. Two props that get straight to their front and dont get held up.
Anyone sitting within cooee of me would have heard my strong displeasure at Woods' ridiculous late pass, having been frustrated all game seeing him rolling on his back as usual. Tedesco played well overall, but could be so much better without the sideways running and dancing crap that also puts pressure on the next play as the defence is rested.

They may have combined for our opening try, but following their words and actions this year, I was unable to muster a cheer. Can't wait to enjoy watching my team next year.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:29 am

Maybe my judgement clouded by being at the game but that try Teddy scored was sublime. Not too many players in the game today would have scored it. I'm sure at halftime the Eels would have made it priority number 1 to be all over Teddy in that second half. As for Woods, it was a pretty costly dropped ball from JLJ which Woods should have kept and not offloaded, but outside of that, he did what he always does, played big minutes and worked hard.If people haven't worked out that is what he does by now then........

I'm as annoyed as anybody else in the way these players treated the fans and club in regards to their contracts. Id go as far as to say Teddy had a long period of looking disinterested,which was not the case yesterday. Woods has put in EVERY week.

Its fine to dislike the players (hate for some people) but don't let that interfere with the effort those guys put in yesterday.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am

Really cant see how the majority of WTs fans can honestly critique Teddy and Woods. It appears the faults in their games are the only things that some are noticing or are sweating on.
Woods makes more metres than any forward and most players EVERY week, but every week I read where someone discounts that and makes note of the faults in his games. If the other forwards regularly matched or equalled his work rate we would be going a site better.
They are both on a hiding to nowhere.I dont think either had their best games yesterday but both also were significant in keeping us in it.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:51 am

Get ready for next year without these guys.

They are still better than most props and full backs in the game at present and we are paying overs for their replacements.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:51 am

Get ready for next year without these guys.

They are still better than most props and full backs in the game at present and we are paying overs for their replacements.