tigerap

Re: Lolohea

Post by tigerap » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:00 pm

Bring back Benji

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:22 pm

Looking okay for his current state to me. Kicked at 80% with a pearler from the poor sideline, but copping it deluxe on the back of missing an easier shot.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:30 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:43 pm
Lolohea will have the off season to improve off.
Pity there's only one off season between now and start of the 2018 Comp.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:46 pm

The decisions on the back of his good work need to improve, case in point today after his line break,

He has been less of a sieve than Moses, and looks increasingly likely in attack in what is the worst WT attacking unit since 2004. Wait until next year, you can turn on him then and it feel even better after a pre season full of articles promising improvement and composure.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 11:13 pm

Honestly I feel Tui's "bad" games are far better than Brooks' and Moses' bad games this year. For a bloke who's only played with the side 2 or so months, only been in continuous first grade the same time, he's actually doing better than I expected.

We are supposed to have Brooks for the clutch plays, that's his job right now, not Tui's. Bad missed conversion but he slung the first one out wide so they cancelled out.

His last tackle options aren't great but Luke Brooks is arguably worse and he's been playing in the halves far longer.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 11:40 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 11:13 pm
Honestly I feel Tui's "bad" games are far better than Brooks' and Moses' bad games this year. For a bloke who's only played with the side 2 or so months, only been in continuous first grade the same time, he's actually doing better than I expected.

We are supposed to have Brooks for the clutch plays, that's his job right now, not Tui's. Bad missed conversion but he slung the first one out wide so they cancelled out.

His last tackle options aren't great but Luke Brooks is arguably worse and he's been playing in the halves far longer.
Spot on. That was a bad game for Tui and it wasn't even bad.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 11:42 pm

Really hard to see why anyone thought Lolohea would be good after his failure at the Warriors.

Likewise Reynolds after likewise at the Bulldogs.

No discipline, no magic, no points.

It's a real shame we missed Watson.

Why would the off season bring what previous off seasons haven't with Lolohea?

The absolute best we can hope for is what Bulldogs are like right now.

Full of potential but....
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 7:04 am

His gets too excited in broken the play. That time he made the break in the 70 minute he intentionally tried to pass to jlj. The pass was not on. Right move was to take tackle and go for field goal.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:49 am

Russell wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:35 pm
He is a fill in 5/8 - what do you expect Jonathan Thurston.

To InBenjiWeTrust - you must really dislike him "Owen Craigie 2" - that has to be the ultimate insult to a young guy starting out.

He will be playing FB next year, super fit after a pre season and coached by Cleary and Hodgson.

Judge him them - so many people rubbish him for missing a goal, like he is the first Tiger player to have ever done that.
He was fit hen he started at the Warriors , they gave him chances , and apart from one very good game , he was a major disappointment.
The writing was on the wall this year that he was going, and I would think that if he couldn't get himself fit and put in an effort when he was looking for a new contract, he never will,
Most players pick up they're game when contract time is near, he didn't

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:17 am

It is very difficult to judge him until you watch him live. He is electric and when he runs the opposition are worried. There were no shortage of clubs chasing him for a reason. We happened to get him ahead of Nth Queensland and Canberra.

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:24 am

I think his carrying one of those shoulder injuries you can play with but stops you from tackling the traditional style..that's my only excuse for his lack of effort in defence yesterday..keep in mind, Cleary is building most of the attack around Brooks this year for next year..lolo seems to be making his own luck which looks good when on, but looks bad when not, he'll go better at 1 chiming into the play on the hop.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:24 am

Whether he comes good or not, I don't know, it's looking a 50:50 proposition to me. I can only go on what I've seen so far. He does not look like a 5/8 to me at all and to posters who are comparing him to Marshall - you can't possibly be serious! If Tui ends up with a career anywhere near Marshalls achievements and highlights, I'll eat everyones hat (not just mine).

I have just read on here that "His performance wasn't that bad yesterday"..... well I thought it was awful. I'm not even considering his goal kicking, put that aside (although he is not a natural kicker at all), I'm just looking at his play so far. He has made poor decisions with the ball at crucial times, his kicking game is average at best and what's with those rubbish grubber kicks?? For a 5/8, he passes the ball poorly and his defence yesterday was woeful. What is even more concerning is his lack of involvement for huge chunks of the game and the low effort level he has been offering. His only strength is he has got some deception and spark when he decides to take guys on but in my opinion it's not enough.

He is no help whatsoever to Brooks in most facets of the game. My concern is that he is never going to be any kind of replacement for Teddy. Over the last 2 months we have played without a spine - Brooks back from injury and doing it all with little or no support and weak forwards, no 5/8 to speak of, our dummy half play is unimaginative and begs very few questions from the opposition, and Teddy has hardly played (and when he has, he has often been guilty of trying too hard).

Being realistic, I thought Parra were average yesterday and we were worse. Our attack has all but vanished. I thought Eisenhuth, and to a lesser extent Twal, played well. Ava bent the line a little at times but we had no back row at all. Taylor disappointed me with 2 very poor rakes that gave away penalties at crucial times and a couple of other dumb mistakes. Kev may as well not have played and Masters, although he tried, is not a centre. Noffa had a dig, but Radradra showed what damage a strong fast winger can do in today's game.

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:32 am

Lolohea is a very rocks and diamonds player at this point, but that's not a bad thing, because he's playing 5/8, where he won't be next year. In terms of wondering what he's going to be like, you have to decrease his involvement in terms of playing first or second receiver in the backline, and increasing his level of support play and work out the back, which will eventually be off Reynolds, and suddenly he looks like more of a prospect. If the kid drops 6kg, learns to be a sheepdog around the forwards looking for offloads and plays a good 3on2 as he has done well in previous week's as well as injecting himself and his electric footwork into the game more, then we have a player on our hands. As someone said earlier, IC has plenty of pre-season projects, none bigger than Lolo and Brooks, but he'll get there, you watch.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:38 am

tigerap wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:00 pm
Bring back Benji
I'd much rather Tyrone Roberts. He's still unsigned and would bring a large amount of experience and provide cover in key positions.

DBK

Post by DBK » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:30 am

stevied wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:56 pm
How quickly people on here turn on a player. Last week we were singing his praises. He is a talented footballer but he is unfit.We have seen glimpses of his potential in the last few matches but consistency will only come once he has shed the excess kilos and he gets used to the players around him, whether as a five eighth or fullback. However, both Brooks's and Lolo's short kicking games are not of a first grade standard.
+ 1 on the kicking game, for a guy who's been in first grade for 3+ years very poor. We should pay Cronk as a kicking consultant as Reynolds is just as bad.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:24 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:38 am
tigerap wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:00 pm
Bring back Benji
I'd much rather Tyrone Roberts. He's still unsigned and would bring a large amount of experience and provide cover in key positions.
Was thinking Roberts before we got Reynolds, but at this rate I'd take both and let Brooks play reserve grade until he gets a short kicking game.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:25 pm

Regardless of Tuis current and potential form, we still need at least one half/fullback utility in the squad next year. Looks like it won't be Watson so I'm interested to see who will fill that spot. We currently do not have two teams worth of halves signed for next year.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:30 pm

I like what I see to date.
Yes lack of fitness, new surroundings, kicking responsibility etc.are all a learning curve.
But the effort is definitely there he looks motivated to succeed.
Here's hoping!