Lolohea

tigerap

Re: Lolohea

Post by tigerap » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:49 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:25 pm
Regardless of Tuis current and potential form, we still need at least one half/fullback utility in the squad next year. Looks like it won't be Watson so I'm interested to see who will fill that spot. We currently do not have two teams worth of halves signed for next year.
Jeremy Marshall King and Tyson Gamble...JMK could be a real smoky in the NRL side...

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:51 pm

tigerap wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:49 pm
shakey4d wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:25 pm
Regardless of Tuis current and potential form, we still need at least one half/fullback utility in the squad next year. Looks like it won't be Watson so I'm interested to see who will fill that spot. We currently do not have two teams worth of halves signed for next year.
Jeremy Marshall King and Tyson Gamble...JMK could be a real smoky in the NRL side...
Yeah I've been interested in seeing how Jeremy Marshall king goes as he seems like one of a few standouts in ISP. I think he fills a half/hooker utility roll. Think we would still need a utility back/fullback in our squad on top. If JMK is playing in halves then we still need another hooker also.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:58 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:24 am
Whether he comes good or not, I don't know, it's looking a 50:50 proposition to me. I can only go on what I've seen so far. He does not look like a 5/8 to me at all and to posters who are comparing him to Marshall - you can't possibly be serious! If Tui ends up with a career anywhere near Marshalls achievements and highlights, I'll eat everyones hat (not just mine).

I have just read on here that "His performance wasn't that bad yesterday"..... well I thought it was awful. I'm not even considering his goal kicking, put that aside (although he is not a natural kicker at all), I'm just looking at his play so far. He has made poor decisions with the ball at crucial times, his kicking game is average at best and what's with those rubbish grubber kicks?? For a 5/8, he passes the ball poorly and his defence yesterday was woeful. What is even more concerning is his lack of involvement for huge chunks of the game and the low effort level he has been offering. His only strength is he has got some deception and spark when he decides to take guys on but in my opinion it's not enough.

He is no help whatsoever to Brooks in most facets of the game. My concern is that he is never going to be any kind of replacement for Teddy. Over the last 2 months we have played without a spine - Brooks back from injury and doing it all with little or no support and weak forwards, no 5/8 to speak of, our dummy half play is unimaginative and begs very few questions from the opposition, and Teddy has hardly played (and when he has, he has often been guilty of trying too hard).

Being realistic, I thought Parra were average yesterday and we were worse. Our attack has all but vanished. I thought Eisenhuth, and to a lesser extent Twal, played well. Ava bent the line a little at times but we had no back row at all. Taylor disappointed me with 2 very poor rakes that gave away penalties at crucial times and a couple of other dumb mistakes. Kev may as well not have played and Masters, although he tried, is not a centre. Noffa had a dig, but Radradra showed what damage a strong fast winger can do in today's game.
No mate - I give you a fail. You will have to do better than that if you want to beat Hobbo at negativity.

There was a little positive bit in your last paragraph - you'll have to cut that sort of thing out if you want to compete.

Hobbo still holds the trophy. Maybe next post. Lol

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 3:16 pm

Ivan said wait, so I will wait.

Why all the negativity? Tui had a fine game against Manly. In fact, the Manly defence were clearly worried when Tui had the ball. Yes, he wasn't great against Parra but I'll that aside for the moment and as I said I'll wait. I have faith in Ivan.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 3:26 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 3:16 pm
Ivan said wait, so I will wait.

Why all the negativity? Tui had a fine game against Manly. In fact, the Manly defence were clearly worried when Tui had the ball. Yes, he wasn't great against Parra but I'll that aside for the moment and as I said I'll wait. I have faith in Ivan.
We also forget not only did he move clubs but also move to a new country. A seamless transition due no doubt to the player himself but also Cleary and the club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 3:33 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 2:58 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Whether he comes good or not, I don't know, it's looking a 50:50 proposition to me. I can only go on what I've seen so far. He does not look like a 5/8 to me at all and to posters who are comparing him to Marshall - you can't possibly be serious! If Tui ends up with a career anywhere near Marshalls achievements and highlights, I'll eat everyones hat (not just mine).

I have just read on here that "His performance wasn't that bad yesterday"..... well I thought it was awful. I'm not even considering his goal kicking, put that aside (although he is not a natural kicker at all), I'm just looking at his play so far. He has made poor decisions with the ball at crucial times, his kicking game is average at best and what's with those rubbish grubber kicks?? For a 5/8, he passes the ball poorly and his defence yesterday was woeful. What is even more concerning is his lack of involvement for huge chunks of the game and the low effort level he has been offering. His only strength is he has got some deception and spark when he decides to take guys on but in my opinion it's not enough.

He is no help whatsoever to Brooks in most facets of the game. My concern is that he is never going to be any kind of replacement for Teddy. Over the last 2 months we have played without a spine - Brooks back from injury and doing it all with little or no support and weak forwards, no 5/8 to speak of, our dummy half play is unimaginative and begs very few questions from the opposition, and Teddy has hardly played (and when he has, he has often been guilty of trying too hard).

Being realistic, I thought Parra were average yesterday and we were worse. Our attack has all but vanished. I thought Eisenhuth, and to a lesser extent Twal, played well. Ava bent the line a little at times but we had no back row at all. Taylor disappointed me with 2 very poor rakes that gave away penalties at crucial times and a couple of other dumb mistakes. Kev may as well not have played and Masters, although he tried, is not a centre. Noffa had a dig, but Radradra showed what damage a strong fast winger can do in today's game.
No mate - I give you a fail. You will have to do better than that if you want to beat Hobbo at negativity.

There was a little positive bit in your last paragraph - you'll have to cut that sort of thing out if you want to compete.

You must be watching different games to the rest of us or you must have cataracts !
Which one is it ?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 5:14 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 3:33 pm
Russell wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

You must be watching different games to the rest of us or you must have cataracts !
Which one is it ?
Good-o Champ - you obviously missed the point of the whole thing. Both cataracts removed last year by the way.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 5:20 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 5:14 pm
hobbo wrote:
Russell wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

Which one is it ?
Good-o Champ - you obviously missed the point of the whole thing. Both cataracts removed last year by the way.
Were they replaced with crystal balls ?
You seem to be able to see into the future ...:lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 5:29 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 5:20 pm
Russell wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Russell wrote:

Which one is it ?
Don't need crystal balls - the future is the future - Just being positive about it.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 6:11 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:23 pm
He is a project for Cleary.
Potential is there but needs lots of work .... which he is getting.
In same basket as Brooks, Eisenhuth, Twal, Marsters, Suli, Aloiai, Liddle, Felisi and next year Gamble.
sounds like we have too many projects going. which ones have been worked at for 5 years straight without success and which ones are new?

Hoping for a good team 2019.When some of these guys learn how to play.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 6:19 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 6:11 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:23 pm
He is a project for Cleary.
Potential is there but needs lots of work .... which he is getting.
In same basket as Brooks, Eisenhuth, Twal, Marsters, Suli, Aloiai, Liddle, Felisi and next year Gamble.
sounds like we have too many projects going. which ones have been worked at for 5 years straight without success and which ones are new?

Hoping for a good team 2019.When some of these guys learn how to play.
Agree, there is a lot of projects but, since Tim Sheens we haven't had a coach & crew capable of turning those project players in to solid if not better 1st grade players. Most have kicked on to perform at new clubs.

The others had their shot, regardless of the circumstances. Is Ivan the coach to do it, don't know, but he has my support, until he doesn't ;)

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 10:42 pm

Hey Russell - I don't think that I am usually a negative poster. I'd like to think I'm offering up an opinion and response to what I'm reading. If you read that post you will see that each of the 4 paragraphs deals with a different issue.
The first was about Tui and the comparison that some were making to Marshall. The second was about his performances so far and specifically his game against the Eels - I stand by all of the points made about what he has dished up so far.
The third paragraph is more about our spine or lack there of, and the 4th and final paragraph was in answer to comments made about the team's performance in that game against the Eels.
I'll admit that the tone of the post came out of frustration from watching that game but again, IMO the comments I made are fair and realistic.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 11:03 pm

Can we wait till 2018 to judge Lolo? At the moment he's unfit, he hasn't had a single day of preseason with us, he's not playing in his permanent position and he's only just moved to Australia. When he's had a full preseason getting fit and training at fullback with the rest of the team then I'll judge him.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 11:06 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 10:42 pm
Hey Russell - I don't think that I am usually a negative poster. I'd like to think I'm offering up an opinion and response to what I'm reading. If you read that post you will see that each of the 4 paragraphs deals with a different issue.
The first was about Tui and the comparison that some were making to Marshall. The second was about his performances so far and specifically his game against the Eels - I stand by all of the points made about what he has dished up so far.
The third paragraph is more about our spine or lack there of, and the 4th and final paragraph was in answer to comments made about the team's performance in that game against the Eels.
I'll admit that the tone of the post came out of frustration from watching that game but again, IMO the comments I made are fair and realistic.

Which is how it read, and it read well - valid points.

No need to explain yourself. Ignore the corn flakes packet positivity.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 8:32 am

TigerSJ wrote:
Can you remember when Marshall had a bad game? he had plenty and looked awful especially his 5th tackle option it was dreadful in general through out his carrer..but we forgave Marshall because he was a legend who won us the 2005 grand final with that freakish x factor play..people can bag Lolo when he has a shocker that's easy..but he does have a little bit of that x factor around him like Benji has. We need that type of player in the team..but yes he will look bad at times.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 9:13 am

This kid will strip off 10 kg , have a full Pre Season and come out and surprise a lot of people he has the ability just needs to get fit and train with the new team we will have , he will go fine at Fullback

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 9:18 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 5:29 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 25 Jul, 2017 5:20 pm
Russell wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Which one is it ?
Don't need crystal balls - the future is the future - Just being positive about it.
I'm positive about him !
I'm positive that he's been pretty ordinary, and have major doubts that he'll be any better here than he was at the Warriors.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 9:18 am

TigerSJ wrote:
You are entitled to your opinions TigerS - no problems with that. It was more a shot at Hobbo than yourself.

Think you are off the mark (my opinion) with Lolohea. He is a very clever player imo being able to play what is in front of him, has a good step and can read the play. I think most negative comments (not necessarily yours) are far too early, being after what - 6- weeks. It is a given he is overweight, is that his fault, partially - a lot can be put down to Warriors trainers, island mentality, disillusionment, unhappy about trying to get away from his toxic environment and the negativity of Kearney. Can that be fixed - damn right and Cleary is just the person to do that, no coach in the NRL knows more about island mentality and how to put it on track better than him. A full off season ahead as well.

He is being judged at a new club, playing with a bunch of players who will not be there next year, turmoil at the club for months and with arguably it's best two players leaving. A coach taking over in round 4 and trying to get the team to play as a team, fix it's defence and a million other things that really can't be done on the run. He is a full back but everyone wants to say how bad he is at 5/8, he is filling in to help us out - would JLJ do any better. Lolohea is a reasonable goal kicker, best we have- are we going to buy anyone better, don't think so. I'll trust Cleary and Hodgo to get the best out of him with his kicking and full back play.

I think he will do well, at least I am prepared to give him at least one season at full back with a level playing field.