WTs v titans live match thread spoilers

softlaw
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: WTs v titans live match thread spoilers

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 8:22 pm

I honestly don;t care if it meets this weeks set of rules or not. Noone should be rewarded for dropping the ball cold!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 8:25 pm

FreddyK wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 6:18 pm
Marsters is one strong lad and difficult to put down ... Cleary must work out how to use that strength ... perhaps targeting opposition halves
Not to mention the strength of Moses Suli and David Nofoaluma.

We have some very powerful outside backs and I hope Cleary gets the best out of them because they are destructive beasts. Our backs make a lot of metres for us and really help get our sets off to great starts, then the forwards come in on the back of some momentum from the likes of Teddy, Nofo and MWZ.

Our backline is going to have some serious competition next year with: Lolo, Nofa, Suli, Marsters, MWZ, Kev (if we keep him), Thompson, Fonua, Milne and possibly Rona. That could be 10 players competing for 5 spots. Our backs are going to be so good and they will have to earn their selection unlike previous years.

Can't wait for 2018 especially with the likes of Marsters

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 8:30 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 7:29 pm
It's only a knock on when the ball comes forward from hand to ground, if it hits foot before ground, no knock on
Yeah well that's the way I always thought it was too, but I find the knock on interpretations really confusing these days. I often see the refs call back the play when the ball is just slightly projected forward, but doesn't hit the ground! And don't get me started on the amount of knock backs that have been pulled up as knock ons.

That's why I was so surprised they allowed Teddy's try today. We dodged a bullet with that, considering the usual ref interpretations. In fact, we dodged a lot of bullets - I've never ever seen us so favoured by the officials!

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:47 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 7:33 pm
rex2ce wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 7:29 pm
It's only a knock on when the ball comes forward from hand to ground, if it hits foot before ground, no knock on
No
It has to be deemed an intentional kick now....thats why the ref asked to check if his gait altered
I'd never heard that until yesterday, perhaps it's am interpretation being used by Archer rather than an inked rule?

For mine, any drop onto the toe is a kick so long as the player is moving forward - forward movement turns all ball-on-foot situations into a kick. Obv does not apply to drop goals. Refs talked about gait, ok, but I reckon that's dangerous, plenty of intentional short kicks where there is a marginal change of gait.

I reckon Turdesco meant to kick it after he fumbled, hence how quickly he played on. Not pretty, but if you call that a knock on and not a kick, you open a can of worms.

Coversely, whilst I feel Sue did not impede the defender on Turdesco's no-try, I can understand how they ruled it, with Tedesco technically coming from behind his man and Sue failing to move through the line.

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 10:59 am

Did anyone pick up on IC's comments in the pre-game presser where he labelled our depth as "scratchy at best'...a reral backhander to JLJ and Lovett I reckon and he is right...hopefully that means no more JLJ and Lovett in FG again or in WT colours in 2018!

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by FreddyK » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 11:00 am

Rules are rules

SECTION 10

KNOCK-ON AND FORWARD PASS

Deliberate 1. A player shall be penalised if he deliberately knocks on or passes forward.

Accidental 2. If, after knocking-on accidentally, the player knocking-on regains or kicks the ball before it
touches the ground, a goal post, cross bar or an opponent, then play shall be allowed to proceed.
Otherwise play shall stop and a scrum shall be formed except after the fifth play-the-ball.

https://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEdit ... 171219.pdf

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”