Defence

Tbone
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Defence

Unread post by Tbone » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 2:32 am

Better effort all round today and much better line speed than most games this year. I'll be looking forward to the game against the Roosters in a few weeks as a yardstick for next year. If we can hold them to 4 tries or less I might be convinced we're onto something.

kh_canada
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by kh_canada » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 6:49 am

Forward pack really set us up for success today. Can't fault the effort put in by the boys.

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 8:44 am

TIGER wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 10:46 pm
Let's face facts, the Titans didn't throw much at us, they were pretty bloody poor actually.
Some people are just hard to please. Always looking for a negative.

tigerap
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 8:47 am

Seantice wrote:
Sun 30 Jul, 2017 7:34 pm
Eisenhuth and Twal did great in the middle today. Strong defence all day.
yep those two Guys have really steeled our defence,

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:40 pm

the Right Hand Side defence was good with Lolohea, Marsters, Nofo, ET (for 30 mins) MCK (fro 50mins).
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

colmcd
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 5:19 pm

Liked seeing us LIFT instead of Crumble.

Cleary has worked on our defense and it is working... slowly but working.

We need to keep it up. The titans seemed to be Ordinary to hopeless. They know how to put points on the board and we brought them an arm wressle, so they crumbled.

Lets restore pride in our Jersey*.

*Nike, just keep your hands off our Jersey for a little while. No we don't want green added to it, yes the Iron man thing was cool likewise Wolverine... but FFS just hands off our jersey.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 6:26 pm

I am glad that a smile can come to Ivan's face - he knew that he was walking into trouble but still took it on. Good luck mate.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 6:44 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 31 Jul, 2017 5:19 pm
Liked seeing us LIFT instead of Crumble.

Cleary has worked on our defense and it is working... slowly but working.

We need to keep it up. The titans seemed to be Ordinary to hopeless. They know how to put points on the board and we brought them an arm wressle, so they crumbled.

Lets restore pride in our Jersey*.

*Nike, just keep your hands off our Jersey for a little while. No we don't want green added to it, yes the Iron man thing was cool likewise Wolverine... but FFS just hands off our jersey.
eh?

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 155 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 8:19 am

The players looked as though they had confidence in themselves, and the man in/outside of them to do their jobs. Was a top 4 type defensive effort and coupled with patience the points eventuated. They should watch that tape every week before they run out.

I honestly can't remember the last time a WT team defended like that.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TigerSJ
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by TigerSJ » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 1:48 pm

Great team effort. Every player played well and to their potential - even guys who have not showed any real grit recently (e.g. Sue, MCK, Grant) seemed to have a much better dig. One thing I noticed clearly was our line speed - instead of in the past waiting flat footed for the opposition to come, we actually moved up to meet the attack all game and that forced errors and bad decisions from the Titans. We took away their time and space which works every time in pretty much every team sport you can think of. With our forwards rolling through their pack our halves had opportunity to play and we naturally saw a better performance from them. Kicking game is still in question with some average kicks at times but this week there was no doubting their effort. Really well done Tigers - let's hope we can build on that further.

Return to “Round 21: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”